Kindle e-reader owner's thread

I like my fire, glad at went all the way and got it. Comes in handy for a lot things.

What kind of battery life do you get with the kindle fire? I read for about an hour every night and have to charge my kindle keyboard about once a month.

No clue, but probably like any other LCD tablet, 7-9 hours. Depends on how you use it, and how bright the screen is. Use video, suck down more battery.

I wavered, but I have my netbook for video on trips if needed, I'm seeing alot of books I might want that are free or low priced...

My Kindle 3G got plenty of use at the beach last week. Did not bother bring the iPad outside with me. Not only do I not want it to get stolen, its just harder to see in sunlight. And the Kindle is perfect for beach reading. Any outdoor, bright-sunshine.

I have played with the Kindle touch, and while in this world of touch screens, it makes sense to have it, i walked away with the subjective sense that the e-ink was a shade less crisp on it than on the Kindle 3G keyboard. And I just like having the four buttons on the two sides to be able to just advance page by page.

What kind of battery life do you get with the kindle fire? I read for about an hour every night and have to charge my kindle keyboard about once a month.

Yeah it is like rocky said depends on how you use it. But reading only about 2 hours a night only, it goes for about 3 weeks. A lot of times laying in bed between reading I will fire up the satguys app and read here too, then back to book. Then some occasionally browsing. For me it is about every 2 weeks. Now if the wife is playing games a hour a day on it about once a week.

Yeah it is like rocky said depends on how you use it. But reading only about 2 hours a night only, it goes for about 3 weeks. A lot of times laying in bed between reading I will fire up the satguys app and read here too, then back to book. Then some occasionally browsing. For me it is about every 2 weeks. Now if the wife is playing games a hour a day on it about once a week.

With that usage, that is pretty good for a battery. I usually charge my iPad every 2-3 days, but I use that pretty extensively. My Kindle 3G Keyboard gets charged monthly, assuming wi-fi/3G is off, and it usually is.

Yeah should have noted that with the reading only make sure wifi is off, to go 3 weeks.

Yeah I hardly ever turn mine off either. Just wanted to point it out so that someone wouldn't say "Hey mine don't go a full 3 weeks"..:)

Looks like we may be getting a new round of kindles in the very near future..

$110 Says All the New Kindles Are Coming Next Week

Personally I'm just fine with the 3rd Gen Keyboard Kindle I have currently. I just picked up a new case with a light that was on sale to replace my old one and the battery amazingly still works pretty well. I'm going to need it as I am going to San Fran in October and I'll need something to occupy me for the 7 hour flight, or at least to keep me interested when I get bored of my iPad.