MRV and DECA are now Live Nationwide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nothing againist you but I got a rep that needs to be fired. Called back and not they want to charge me 99+50+50. So I guess I will pass for 200.

did they explain the

99+50+50 ? I know the 99 and I know the 50 is the service call which alot of people been getting credited back but what are they saying is the 2nd 50 for?

stonecold said:
did they explain the

99+50+50 ? I know the 99 and I know the 50 is the service call which alot of people been getting credited back but what are they saying is the 2nd 50 for?
Just that it was equipment and install fee.

Swing and a miss, Strike two. The installers came back out today and guess what. They still did not have a SWiM switch to do the install.

That was my experience too. The installer tried to get what he needed from the warehouse but couldn't because it wasn't on the work order. After the second time I canceled the order. I'll wait until everything settles down. The deal was for $99 + Tax. Long time customers get the installation fee waived, that's what the rep who took my order told me. Good deal but I spent a lot of hours on the phone trying to get SWM before I gave up.

Im sure itll get better Stonecold, which is why Im waiting. All the stories ranging fees, and installs not working properly, Im gonna wait till Aug like I originally planned.

i dont know what he babling on about then. R22 do not get upgrade as they are marked mrv compatable.

I've had three different CSRs try but fail to activate MRV for me due to my setup not being eligible. I have an HR23 and an R22 with HD. They each said I would have to upgrade the R22 to an HD receiver to be eligible (for $199 of course.) I participated in the Beta for months and everything worked fine but now I can't pay to use it. BTW, you can see in my online Recent Activity where "Whole-Home DVR" was activated - twice - but immediately taken back off. It's like the computer kicks it out for some reason.

I've had three different CSRs try but fail to activate MRV for me due to my setup not being eligible. I have an HR23 and an R22 with HD. They each said I would have to upgrade the R22 to an HD receiver to be eligible (for $199 of course.) I participated in the Beta for months and everything worked fine but now I can't pay to use it. BTW, you can see in my online Recent Activity where "Whole-Home DVR" was activated - twice - but immediately taken back off. It's like the computer kicks it out for some reason.

Ok that the problem no 2nd hd box . you dont need an hddvr you just need a 2nd hd box. Yes I know R22 is an hddvr but it does not see it as one in our systems. might just be something out programers can fix. I will submit a report to them and see if they can dupicate it.

Ok that the problem no 2nd hd box . you dont need an hddvr you just need a 2nd hd box. Yes I know R22 is an hddvr but it does not see it as one in our systems. might just be something out programers can fix. I will submit a report to them and see if they can dupicate it.

Much appreciated! And yes I should have said I could also replace the R22 with a non-DVR HD receiver and been eligible. I didn't want to do that either because I like having a second, although smaller capacity, DVR. As you can probably tell I was only trying to use existing network and not DECA at this time.

Seems to me Directv needs to train CSR's better. One tells me R-22 with my HR22 is No go and $199 for new HD DVR to replace R22(based on Stonecold I see why now). Then second one(after researching more here and DBSTalk) tells me the fees and deca equipment charge to convert. Second one also tells me I am wasting my time since my second DVR R22 is not HD so it is pointless.

I wish you could just order the parts if qualified based on current install. If the R22 & HR22 will work my upgrade will take no time. I already have a SWiM installed.

I guess I need to decide what is worth to me. I am thinking getting weatherproof Cat 5 and running it near my D* coaxial on the outside since it is about a 20FT run.

DECA equipment is only orderable by having a tech come out .... replacement can be order indivually but the system needs to be installed first by a trained tech.
DECA equipment and Band Stop Filters are available through SolidSignal. They also have all the current SWiM equipment including the SWM16.

I got the message today that said MRV Beta is over and called to order it. Was told my HR21-100 receivers wouldn't work for it :eek:

I just ordered the MRV DECA setup and they will install it on June 2nd. I hope my HR20-700 works okay. I've read reports about some people having trouble with their HR20s, both 100 and 700. I have a lot stuff on my HR20 that I might not be able to watch by June 2nd.

Swing and a miss, Strike two. The installers came back out today and guess what. They still did not have a SWiM switch to do the install.

And the wind up and the pitch......

Directv finally knocked it out of the park.

The same tech came out today and installed everything that was needed to get up and running.

Here is what they installed:
1 - SWiM 16
5 - DECA Modules
1 - Broad Band adapter
1 - Stop Filter

Seems to me Directv needs to train CSR's better. One tells me R-22 with my HR22 is No go and $199 for new HD DVR to replace R22(based on Stonecold I see why now). Then second one(after researching more here and DBSTalk) tells me the fees and deca equipment charge to convert. Second one also tells me I am wasting my time since my second DVR R22 is not HD so it is pointless.

I wish you could just order the parts if qualified based on current install. If the R22 & HR22 will work my upgrade will take no time. I already have a SWiM installed.

I guess I need to decide what is worth to me. I am thinking getting weatherproof Cat 5 and running it near my D* coaxial on the outside since it is about a 20FT run.

Much appreciated! And yes I should have said I could also replace the R22 with a non-DVR HD receiver and been eligible. I didn't want to do that either because I like having a second, although smaller capacity, DVR. As you can probably tell I was only trying to use existing network and not DECA at this time.

Well they figured something out in my case today and finally activated MRV for me. HD23 and R22. You can see a total of five attempts on my recent activity on their website and the final time it stuck. Went with the email request and received notice three hours later that they had activated whole home dvr for my account. :clap

I just ordered the MRV DECA setup and they will install it on June 2nd. I hope my HR20-700 works okay. I've read reports about some people having trouble with their HR20s, both 100 and 700. I have a lot stuff on my HR20 that I might not be able to watch by June 2nd.

I had been using MRV in beta fine until today. So I guess I'll wait until they know what will work with it and maybe I'll order it. For now, I've installed an HDMI switcher to feed all of my TVs with both of my boxes...

I too got the beta over message on my HR20 and HR22 machines tonight.

I am wondering what my options as I moved after the original install.

I also have R15 if they would replace that with a free HD DVR it would be good incentive to go with the whole house thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)