My New Dish Farm

iBoston

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I tackled it. In total it was 3 separate RG6 cables chewed out all the way to the copper wire. I had about another 3 that were chewed up along the outer metal strands spread over 6+ inches of the RG6, and then another 3 that had little nicks that i just wrapped with Electrical Tape. Two of the RG6 cables i had to throw in a patch cable with male to male connectors. Ugh, hate that, and the rest i completely swapped out the cables.

I then had to replace two blown out Diseqc 1.0 switches, and 1 blown out Diseqc 1.1 switch... Port 3 on the diseqc 1.0's were shot, which makes sense, as thats the port that goes to the chewed out cables, and the diseqc 1.1 switch had a few blown out ports. - Glad i keep a stash of those things on hand.

I then ran through my Sweep Boutique List and scanned all the different channels on all my satellite receivers, and everything is working again!!

Screenshot1

I still have other issues i need to work on, ill save those for another day. I will probably tackle the USALS dish that is sitting on the ground next.

Last edited:
FTA4PA

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
I tackled it. In total it was 3 separate RG6 cables chewed out all the way to the copper wire. I had about another 3 that were chewed up along the outer metal strands spread over 6+ inches of the RG6, and then another 3 that had little nicks that i just wrapped with Electrical Tape. Two of the RG6 cables i had to throw in a patch cable with male to male connectors. Ugh, hate that, and the rest i completely swapped out the cables.

I then had to replace two blown out Diseqc 1.0 switches, and 1 blown out Diseqc 1.1 switch... Port 3 on the diseqc 1.0's were shot, which makes sense, as thats the port that goes to the chewed out cables, and the diseqc 1.1 switch had a few blown out ports. - Glad i keep a stash of those things on hand.

I then ran through my Sweep Boutique List and scanned all the different channels on all my satellite receivers, and everything is working again!!

View attachment 156645

I still have other issues i need to work on, ill save those for another day. I will probably tackle the USALS dish that is sitting on the ground next.

Sounds like you had quite the job to do. Glad you got it done and all channels are back to normal. :)

Reactions: iBoston
iBoston

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Its so nice to have my channels back.. I'm slowly getting things back to top notch. My elevation was off on 101w, and i got that fine-tuned back in, and now am getting rock solid signals on 101w. I also adjusted my 121w side car lnbf to re-obtain all signals there. I also pulled off all the wires on the fallen USALS dish. It is now disconnected and ready for me to put back into place. I am going to sit that out for awhile before i decide if I am completely done with USALS.

mr_rye89

mr_rye89

SatelliteGuys Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 5, 2020
Central New Mexico
Fun stuff. The wind did a number on a couple of my dishes this spring. The 90 cm was pointed towards the house and the sidecar Ku lnbf on the 9 footer gets a whole lotta nothing now. I parked the 90cm on 103w and I think I’ll put the 1m on 125w when I get home……

Reactions: iBoston and FTA4PA
iBoston

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Through all these repairs, I had a step back. my KU 125w fixed dish went out of tune from a wind storm. I went up to the storage container and its attached to a 2x8 board that runs along the storage container for a roof that extends out from the storage container to house wood. The wind pulled on the HEFTY screws and loosened it allowing it to wiggle right off a signal lock. I tightened things back up and got it re-tuned. I had no PBS for a couple days.

I just spent the last hour or so re-scanning 34.5 west for the Carribean beam that miraculously extends up to my location. I plan on putting up a sensitive KU lnbf on it to see if i can obtain some of the hard to get Venezuela signals on it... There are some great radio stations on this bird too. There has been a lot of activity on this bird which i enjoy checking out.....

Screenshot3

iBoston

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Well, i just put in the new LNBF : Inverto Black Ultra 0.2dB Twin Output

Went from no lock to solid lock. I had a no-name Universal LNBF, and this seems to make all the difference. I got about 40 new audio/video channels... Yea, most are in Spanish, but I'm okay with that. Arirang South Korean channel is in English...

I feel like i got a Christmas present.