NCAA Football 2009-10 PreSeason

To be fair, the QB didn't screw up against Georgia Tech in the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl (It's still that to me, dammit!)

Maybe that's a good sign.
Jordan Jefferson started the Arkansas game and the Peach Bowl and played really well. The defense let him down in Arkansas with stupid personal foul penalties, but played well in Atlanta.

Jefferson has the nod right now over Jarrett Lee (who set an NCAA record for throwing pick-sixes last season), but Lee has played well during training. LSU also signed Russel Sheppard, who was highly ranked among highschool recruits. He's actually got a chance to play as well with his talent. All this sounds good, but it seems to create turmoil when you can't decide on a starter. Hope whoever gets it plays better than Lee did last year.

True.. But FLA has a good history in Championship games... Regular season though they are known to choke every now and again vs teams they should destroy.

THE Ohio State Buckeyes Release Schedule

Ohio State plays 12 games this season, 8 against Big Ten opponents and 4 non-conference games. That is nothing new. But the Buckeyes will play those 12 games in 12 consecutive weeks. (No bye week included).

Sept. 5 vs. Navy
Sept. 12 vs. USC
Sept. 19 at Toledo
Sept. 26 vs. Illinois
Oct. 3 at Indiana
Oct. 10 vs. Wisconsin
Oct. 17 at Purdue
Oct. 24 vs. Minnesota
Oct. 31 vs. New Mexico State
Nov. 7 at Penn State
Nov. 14 vs. Iowa
Nov. 21 at Michigan

The game ‘at’ Toledo will be played at Cleveland Browns Stadium. The opener against Navy will be on ESPN, and the USC game will be a primetime ABC game.

The game ‘at’ Toledo will be played at Cleveland Browns Stadium. The opener against Navy will be on ESPN, and the USC game will be a primetime ABC game.

Actually, the primetime game against USC will be on ESPN, not ABC. ABC is carrying NASCAR that night and does not have a primetime game.

Ohio State plays 12 games this season, 8 against Big Ten opponents and 4 non-conference games. That is nothing new. But the Buckeyes will play those 12 games in 12 consecutive weeks. (No bye week included).

Sept. 5 vs. Navy
Sept. 12 vs. USC
Sept. 19 at Toledo
Sept. 26 vs. Illinois
Oct. 3 at Indiana
Oct. 10 vs. Wisconsin
Oct. 17 at Purdue
Oct. 24 vs. Minnesota
Oct. 31 vs. New Mexico State
Nov. 7 at Penn State
Nov. 14 vs. Iowa
Nov. 21 at Michigan

Guess I cant be to mad at FLAS weak schedule with Ohios right there.... :D

Ha ha. How is the "SEC / Sun Belt Invitational" going to end up this year? AKA, the entire SEC's OOC schedule...

Kentucky needs an easy win. They could have just as easily played Uconn for that win too. ;) :D

Have you guys seen Miami's opening schedule?

@ Florida St
Georgia Tech
@Virginia Tech
Oklahoma

Jeez if you don't want to play in a bowl game so bad you could have just said so. :D

VT and Okla. are like playing in bowl games without the big payday.
That schedule reminds me of what Notre Dame often does. They play the murderer's row in the first month of the season, get destroyed, and then spend the rest of the year hearing about how overrated they are and trying scramble back to .500 against the likes of Navy and Stanford.

Ha ha. How is the "SEC / Sun Belt Invitational" going to end up this year? AKA, the entire SEC's OOC schedule...
When did Oklahoma St. (hosts Georgia on 9/05) leave the Big 12 and join the Sun Belt? :rolleyes:
I guess those easy win slots against Big East teams were all taken by Kentucky (hosts Louisville on 9/19). ;)

When did Oklahoma St. (hosts Georgia on 9/05) leave the Big 12 and join the Sun Belt? :rolleyes:
I guess those easy win slots against Big East teams were all taken by Kentucky (hosts Louisville on 9/19). ;)

Nice to pick one game.

Never mind that 48% of the SEC's OOC schedule is against non-BCS I-A teams.

Never mind that 23% of OOC games are against I-AA teams (!)

Kentucky will probably beat Louisville this year - they have a reasonable chance of finishing last in the conference.

Then again, some SEC windbag will tout that game as why the SEC is superior. :rolleyes:

Good for Georgia, though - they've shown that you can actually travel outside of the southeast, and win. Hell, Florida doesn't even travel OOC AT ALL this season - PATHETIC.

Nice to pick one game.

Never mind that 48% of the SEC's OOC schedule is against non-BCS I-A teams.

Never mind that 23% of OOC games are against I-AA teams (!)

Kentucky will probably beat Louisville this year - they have a reasonable chance of finishing last in the conference.

Then again, some SEC windbag will tout that game as why the SEC is superior. :rolleyes:

Good for Georgia, though - they've shown that you can actually travel outside of the southeast, and win. Hell, Florida doesn't even travel OOC AT ALL this season - PATHETIC.

Like it or not. The SEC IS better. They have proved it. When was the last time a Big East team won the NT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)