• Blu-ray

Votes: 18 33.3%

• Total voters

teamerickson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
El Dorado Hills, CA
Own both formats? What did you own first?

If you own both formats please take the poll. Trying to see if there is a pattern. I get the feeling that more HD DVD owners are also getting Blu-ray than the other way around.

Last edited:
Both from the get-go.
But I've seen lots of movies on different players (HD and BD) at different places before buying my own.

Based on the circle of people I know, few bought a PS3 for games, discovered its BD capabilities, got interested, bought A2 for $99, i.e. it was BD first, HD second.

Diogen.

Bought 360 add on last xmas, July picked up a PS3. Got the amazon deal a couple weeks ago for the A35

If you own both formats please take the poll. Trying to see if there is a pattern. I get the feeling that more HD DVD owners are also getting Blu-ray than the other way around.

I think I agree, it was never about cost for me and it is that way to many.

I think many early HDDVD adopters have been hooked like a crack addict to HD movies and bought in to the now cheaper BD players for a better selection.

I knew when I lost Transformers and a few new releases for next year Toshiba almost had me, but the $98 player sealed the deal.

I bought the gen1 when they first came out. After looking very hard at the first POS Samsung, I passed. As soon as a real player came out, the Panasonic BD10, I bought it and have been neutral now for over a year. Just give me my HD. I now have three HD DVD players, one from each generation, and 2 Panasonics, BD10 and 30. One of the shops I sub through, or get referals from, just started selling their first BD player, yes the BD30.

S~

I fist bought the HD-A1 and took it back after a week due to know knowing how the format war would end. After deciding the format war will last a long time, I bought the 360 add on. Sold that one (thanks Ramy) and bought the A2 for $249. 2 months after the A2 purchase the wife bought me the PS3.

I got HD-DVD 1st only because last Summer when I decided to get one or the other the BD Samsung player was getting bad reviews and discs like 5th Element bad reviews. But when BD prices started to come down to reasonable levels I picked up a PS3.

I never had a HD DVD player or recorder. Most likly won't buy one either. My Blu Ray works just fine. So if it breaks I'll still buy another blu Ray.

First of all the poll was for those who own both. If you only have one then you should just read and not post!

My first was interesting as I was favoring BluRay as being my first but when the Satelliteguys.US power buy came along I had to throw my hat into the ring. Initially, I was disappointed that the offer was for a free HD DVD Toshiba A30 with the purchase of the heavily discounted BenQ and DVDO processor. I tried to get a BluRay player instead but that was the deal- Toshiba HD DVD.

My reason for wanting BluRay was because I believe it will be supported by Sony professional tools sooner than HD DVD At the time I planned to get both but not until next year.
Within a month BD-1400 was down low enough in price that made it into my HT so I now have both. I own 6 times as many HD DVD discks as BluRay but that has to do with not so many of the titles are are at my Blockbuster store for rent. I only own 2 BluRay DVD's I have 12 HD DVD's.

Now, knowing what I do about both formats, I'd prefer HD DVD first because it has more features standard that work without trouble as compared with BluRay present lack of features support.

Hum so far 27 to 14.. That's almost 2:1!!:eek: Just like disk SALES:D lol bad joke but seriously is this really a surprise? With the prices of blu player coming down and a bigger library not saying HD dvd is dead just not surprised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts