NEWS FLASH: New Channels: LIFETIME Net, CMT, National Geographic,...

You can't get them yet AxE but I hear they are coming.

Also I hear some amazing "discoverys" are coming SOON. :D

Stay Tuned!

Minsk1 said:
SD: Actually, Dish and Voom boxes has very different option to fit SD on a widescreen. When I switched to V* in July 2004, I also thought that E* SD was better. It took couple of weeks for my eyes to adujst. Now I think that V* SD is much better. New encoders did not change things for me.

Might be a setup problem as I haven't had much time to play with the STB yet.
I have noticed that the SD channels are coming in 16x9.
Is that the way VOOM broadcast them or do I have the STB misconfigured?
I was expecting black bars on each side.
Watching the Formula ome GP or tennis this week-end was pretty pathetic.
And now that I think of it, if everybody had seen those with the qualoty I had, I'm sure there would be more people screaming right now.
I also watched Toy story 2 on disney for a while but the colors were way off. That one had to be a mishapp on VOOM side.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You can't get them yet AxE but I hear they are coming.

Also I hear some amazing "discoverys" are coming SOON. :D

Stay Tuned!

Stay tuned, I havent left here in three days, my work and wife think I have gone awol. Thanks Scott for the teaser.

Well there’s a certain British Broadcasting Corporation, channel that is part of the Discovery('s) network...

This for real?

PRESS RELEASE: Cablevision Enters into Interim Agreement Regarding VOOM

Dow Jones News Service via Dow Jones

BETHPAGE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 8, 2005--Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with its Chairman, Charles F. Dolan, and Thomas C. Dolan, pursuant to which the parties will work cooperatively to finalize the separation from Cablevision of its Rainbow DBS operation. The agreement allows Rainbow DBS to remain in operation and to continue to provide its VOOM service to subscribers while Charles and Thomas Dolan seek to arrange an alternate transaction that would avoid a shutdown of Rainbow DBS. Charles Dolan has agreed to fund any costs incurred by Rainbow DBS above those that would have been incurred under a shutdown scenario. The agreement, which was approved by the Board of Directors of Cablevision at a board meeting today and by a special committee of independent directors, terminates on March 31, 2005.

AxE said:
All I have to say is that without VOOM's own HD channels, all they would be is just another broadcast company.

I am a salesman at a local satellite retailer/installation company in AZ. We stopped selling VOOM a couple of months ago because, 1-thier financial situation was uncertain, and 2- they were not paying comissions in a timely manner. It took us months to receive the commissions we were due.

VOOM's HD channels are great, but we get a lot of complaints about looping of these shows like we can do anything about it.

As for common HD content, everyone is getting the same channels available to them via the networks. Discovery, ESPN, TNT, HDNet, HDNet Movies, Showtime, HBO, and in some areas Cinemax, and Starz. Like I said, without VOOM's original looping channels they would just be an overpriced satellite television provider.

As for PQ of VOOM vs. E*. In our showroom we had both providers on identical televisions with identical settings showing the same channel (Discovery HD) and Dish Network blew VOOM out of the water as far as PQ went, which was the same for SD channels. These T.V.'s are the new JVC HD-ILA series so they are not by any means a middle of the line televisions.

And BTW, the best way to get your locals in HD is to buy an off air ant. and plug it into the back of your HD receiver. They are broadcast for free from the local towers in your area. Depending on your service provider, you can eliminate the fee for the local channels and save yourself a few bucks a month on your bill.

In war, the object is not to die for your country, but make the other guy die for his.

Mister HD salesperson, I would have to say that you are either poorly informed, a poor salesperson or intentionally trying to deceive people. I can't respond about the picture quality but I can respond about the local OTA channels and about the VOOM content.

There is no service provider in the Dallas area showing Starz HD or TNT HD, besides the VOOM21 channels, some of channels I watch most. Last I heard VOOM was still showing 39 HD channels where as Dish was showing, what eight? As for the local channels I only get digital with VOOM where as Dish I believe still makes you weed through all the analog to get to the digital.

I'm surprised the people in these forums have been so lenient with you. Maybe they are more interested in talking about all the new channels VOOM is adding than to waste time responding to your narrow post. Me, I can't help but to provide a little expansion when needed.

"Is the DVR coming out by the end of the month now????" Lets see the company saved first eh? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts