NEWS FLASH: New Channels: LIFETIME Net, CMT, National Geographic,...

Million dollar question, I guess he cant make as much money selling Voom as he does with Dish.

Jamey K said:
Why is it, that some people seem personally threatened if Voom survives?

Probably because they bashed it once, so they would not want to eat crow later on so they just keep on bashing it because it makes them feel better.

If that's not it, they just can't cope with the fact that what ever service they have does not have as many HD channels (You can not dispute that with anything, yes the 21 count).

Sadly, if VOOM doesn't add Fox Sports West, I will have to cancel my VOOM. I would hate to have to do that. I have been enduring not watching Laker home games since November and now that baseball is starting up, not being able to watch my Angels is unaccpetable to me. Here's hoping VOOM adds Fox Sports West.

I guess I'm the odd ball, Am I the only one that has voom to the massive selection of movie channels and HD content? Sports mean nothing to me....

Confused?

When I had Fox Sports Net with Dish Network all the baseball and hockey games were always blacked out....is this not the case anymore?

NewChanels.jpg

Yep but I heard they're adding the Military Channel, Disc Times, Wings, Kids, Home, BBC America, History International... arggh cant remember them all but it was like 14 or so.

CSRs + the guy from CES are like from the sales department. They're job is to get you to sign up with VOOM regardless whether they do what is promised. But you all need to remember is that EVERYTHING currently on rainbow 1 needs to be moved to rainbow 2. Cablevision or should I say VOOM doesn't have a lot of time to do this. I would rather have only a couple of channels added to my lineup until everything is moved and then once everything is moved, I'd waked up one morning and turn on my tv and find out that I have got over 200+ brand new channels.

As for the dvr, it pretty much is the same in my opinion, I would like to see everything get moved before the dvr is launched. Don't get me wrong, I want the dvr as soon as possible, that's why I wish VOOM would start moving everything over right now.

freezetime said:
Sadly, if VOOM doesn't add Fox Sports West, I will have to cancel my VOOM. I would hate to have to do that. I have been enduring not watching Laker home games since November and now that baseball is starting up, not being able to watch my Angels is unaccpetable to me. Here's hoping VOOM adds Fox Sports West.

There is always the original option, which has some appealing aspects, like SHD (super high definition) and Sensoround and better than just 5.1, 53000.1 sound. You could just opt for season tickets for the Lakers and Angels.

67Yv8t said:
There is always the original option, which has some appealing aspects, like SHD (super high definition) and Sensoround and better than just 5.1, 53000.1 sound. You could just opt for season tickets for the Lakers and Angels.

LOL, um would you like to give me the money for the season tickets. I can only afford to go to maybe 4 Angel games a year. Lakers are too expensive and are farther away from where I live than the Angels.

I feel I must respond regarding PQ on VOOM vs. other providers.

I currently have VOOM, Dish and Charter Cable.

I've had Dish SD for four years and am very happy with service and PQ -- but, very unhappy with management's decision to have the provider drag its feet on HD content deployment. Also, the original Dish HD-DVR, the buggy 921, was priced at nearly $1,000 with no lease option. This situation essentially forced me to consider another provider when I purchased my glorious Sony KDF-60XS955 in October 2004.

Enter VOOM. I signed up in November 2004 for only $49 at the time and the ability to lease the HD receiver for only $9/month. DVR under development. Way more HD content than Dish. No-brainer decision. VOOM installed using separate coax run so I can see both signals in side-by-side windows on my new HDTV. As soon as VOOM HD-DVR is available and my committment to Dish is up in May 2005, Dish will be gone from my home.

Needed a HD-DVR for Super Bowl, so here comes Charter Cable and their Scientific-Atlanta HD-DVR that I can lease for only $7/month, plus free premium channels for 90 days. Life is good. As soon as network feeds or local channels are added to VOOM, Charter will be gone from my home.

My entire family (six beautiful and highly intelligent people with perfect vision and hearing) all agree that VOOM has the best PQ of the three providers and offers equal, if not better, digital surround sound. Some channels are better than others. The HD content on VOOM has most definitely the best picture quality -- brighter and sharper. It's that simple.

I'm not a salesman or otherwise affiliated with the industry. In fact, I'm a scientist -- specifically, a clinical laboratory scientist with training in proper observation and evaluation of processes.

I am impressed with VOOM and I certainly hope they continue to lead the industry in HD content delivery and superior PQ and superior digital surround sound. As long as 79-year-old Charles Dolan stays healthy, I'm sure they will.

Charles: My kids are begging you to add NOGGIN.

"I was told that during the month of March there will be a total of 70 HD channels and 200 SD. A couple of different CSR told me this so I am hoping it is still the case."

I think the (capacity) was stated, not the channels. That many HD channels would be difficult to provide..... As they don’t exist, for Voom or anyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts