NFL Sunday Ticket 2013

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How should I go about doing this? Is there a special number for retention? Or do I need to say something special at the voice prompts? Thanks!

I called retention, they only offered me $15 off discount and that's about it. I had them cancel DirecTV Sunday Ticket because it was still a bit pricey.
I guess I could always call them next month to see if they have any deals, but I am trying to save money this year.
I guess It wasn't meant to be to get discounts, but then again they did offer me the new receiver earlier on this year with 2 years contract and discounts for 12 months and 6 months on premier package & other stuff.

I may even consider getting ST through the PS3.

Once you end up cancelling, I take it that you may not get as good of a deal as other customers?

I got 6@29 so around $180 for max. I was happy with that. Maybe could of sweat him out for more but the rep I was on the phone with was just rolling with laughter the entire time we talked. I saved a little, wasn't serious about dropping it and saved me another call later on to try and get a deal to pick it up.

not true call after week one preview
good luck

I see,

I found this as well from DBSTalk:

Called today, after saying cancel service got to retention dept. Asked if they had any deals for Sunday ticket, told rep times were tough and Sunday ticket was the main reason for being with directv. He said if you can held a 1 yr commitment I can give you the ticket for free and 15$ credit for 15 months. I asked if he could throw in Redzone channel, he said no problem. I was no longer under contract, but for this deal I took it with a 1 yr commitment.

The above is a good deal, I have no problem extended my contract since I don't see myself changing to anyone else in the foreseeable future since Charter Cable is terrible and Dish Network has been left in the rear seat.

I see,

I found this as well from DBSTalk:

The above is a good deal, I have no problem extended my contract since I don't see myself changing to anyone else in the foreseeable future since Charter Cable is terrible and Dish Network has been left in the rear seat.

I got a similar deal last summer, free ST with the 1-yr contract. I had been out of contract for years before calling last summer. I don't think about contract extensions for the same reason, I'm not switching providers for the foreseeable future. I haven't called yet for this season.

I got a similar deal last summer, free ST with the 1-yr contract. I had been out of contract for years before calling last summer. I don't think about contract extensions for the same reason, I'm not switching providers for the foreseeable future. I haven't called yet for this season.

Glad you confirmed this.

When you call the general number go through prompts as if your canceling service.
You will be routed to retention.

Ok so I just say cancel service at the prompt? I'm still under contract for another year though and I still have some new subscriber AAA credits on my bill until my contract is up next year. Can I still successfully haggle with them to lower the price of Sunday Ticket?

Last edited:
Ok so I just say cancel service at the prompt? I'm still under contract for another year though and I still have some new subscriber AAA credits on my bill until my contract is up next year. Can I still successfully haggle with them to lower the price of Sunday Ticket?

worth a try
my advice week after free preview
good luck

Ba$tards already auto renewed mine, just got charged the first of 6 $40.00 payments yesterday
that is interesting, when i was on the phone with them i was told that the auto bill would not start till next month. call and complain

Ba$tards already auto renewed mine, just got charged the first of 6 $40.00 payments yesterday

With six payments if they didn't start billing you in July then you would still be paying for ST after it ended into January when the playoffs are going.

Generally they start billing early enough to match up the last payment before the package ends. If for no other reason than if a customer leaves before the season is paid off but had already ended.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts