Official Tracking of PGI on Channel 106...

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I am working with Voom in trying to track down where this the PGI for channel 106 is incorrect. I picked channel 106 because this is the one that has been consistently incorrect since 10/31/04. I've got the information from the Voom 21 Exclusive channels programmer that they were playing the correct movie that it was on their schedule. So I am going to post some of this information for you. In the meantime, I suspect that zap2it has it wrong but they are still investigating where the problem is originating from. Here's the schedule fo channel 106. Understand that although you have seen Kung Fu movies on this channel, this channel does not have Kung Fu movies 24/7 yet as the HD transfers are not all inhouse yet.

All ET

11/11
7:00 AM Switching Channels
9:00 AM Falling From Grace
10:45 AM Switching Channels
12:45 PM Falling From Grace
2:30 PM Switching Channels
4:30 PM Falling From Grace
6:15 PM Switching Channels
8:15 PM Falling From Grace
10:00 PM Switching Channels
11:50 PM Falling From Grace
1:35 AM Switching Channels
3:25 AM Falling From Grace
5:10 AM Switching Channels

11/12

7:00 AM Around the World in Eighty Ways
8:35 AM The Europeans
10:15 AM Around the World in Eighty Ways
11:50 AM The Europeans
1:30 PM Around the World in Eighty Ways
3:05 PM The Europeans
4:45 PM Around the World in Eighty Ways
6:20 PM The Europeans
8:00 PM Around the World in Eighty Ways
9:35 PM The Europeans
11:10 PM Around the World in Eighty Ways
12:45 AM The Europeans
2:20 AM Around the World in Eighty Ways
3:55 AM The Europeans
5:30 AM Around the World in Eighty Ways

11/13
7:00 AM Legend of the Swordsman
8:45 AM Dragon Lord
10:30 AM Legend of the Swordsman
12:15 PM Dragon Lord
2:00 PM Legend of the Swordsman
3:45 PM Dragon Lord
5:30 PM Legend of the Swordsman
7:15 PM Dragon Lord
9:00 PM Legend of the Swordsman
10:45 PM Dragon Lord
12:20 AM Legend of the Swordsman
2:05 AM Dragon Lord
3:40 AM Legend of the Swordsman
5:25 AM Dragon Lord

11/14
7:00 AM Born to Defense
8:45 AM The Master
10:15 AM Born to Defense
12:00 PM The Master
1:30 PM Born to Defense
3:15 PM The Master
4:45 PM Born to Defense
6:30 PM The Master
8:00 PM Born to Defense
9:45 PM The Master
11:15 PM Born to Defense
12:50 AM The Master
2:20 AM Born to Defense
3:55 AM The Master
5:25 AM Born to Defense

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
what about the other movies they were suppose to play? Best of The Best, China Strike Force?

Understand that although you have seen Kung Fu movies on this channel, this channel does not have Kung Fu movies 24/7 yet as the HD transfers are not all inhouse yet.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
so in time they will play these movies?

I can't give you a 100% "YES" but it is the plan to have this channel totally comitted to Kung Fu movies and those movies fall into this gendre.

if that's the list of movies playing why can't VOOM just put the titles in the computer or what ever makes the PG? And how do they play the movies anyways is it some type of special DVD and the computer reads it or something?

Sean,
Thanks working out this problem with VOOM. Although others Cinema channels are also occassionally wrong, I think that it is a good idea to initially focus on Cinema6.
Also, I'm pleased to know that the KunFu HD channel will eventually come.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
if that's the list of movies playing why can't VOOM just put the titles in the computer or what ever makes the PG? And how do they play the movies anyways is it some type of special DVD and the computer reads it or something?

Yes those are the titles of movies playing. VOOM does not maintain the PG. They hired a third party to do this for them (Tribune also known as zap2it). What VOOM does is what every provider does. They give the information to zap2it. Now there may be iteration to the information and what I've got and posted was the 4th iteration to the schedule on channel 106 (which I assume was given to Tribune as well).

HD transfers are mostly done in Hard Disks. As to what they use for playing or archiving the movies, I do not know. But it is not a DVD. A current DVD does not have the capacity to hold an HD Transfer movie.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
what about the DVDs that say Mastered in HD? Are those not HD?
Mastered in HD means that it was filmed in HD (as oppose to 35mm), but the DVD is still a downconverted version (example Star Wars II).
HD-DVD technology is sitll 2 year away

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
let's hope they fix everything b4 the DVR comes out or the whole point to DVR will be pointless :)

To me the DVR is most needed for OTA. Voom stuff repeats all the time so you can always watch it later. DVR NOW! DVR UBER ALLES!

barth2k said:
To me the DVR is most needed for OTA. Voom stuff repeats all the time so you can always watch it later. DVR NOW! DVR UBER ALLES!
If OTA is the most important to you, there is a solution TODAY. You can use a PC with an HD tuner card such as "MyHD" or "HDTV-Wonder".

I know about those. But I don't want to watch TV on my PC, so I would need to set up a PC that hooks to my TV. It's not really convenient in the space I have, which is already too crammed. Plus I have a CRT RP which doesn't interface well with a PC.

barth2k said:
I know about those. But I don't want to watch TV on my PC, so I would need to set up a PC that hooks to my TV. It's not really convenient in the space I have, which is already too crammed. Plus I have a CRT RP which doesn't interface well with a PC.
Try an SD Tivo. Most of the local OTA programming is not HD anyway :D

Like Walter said. I also record many HD shows in SD mode on my Panny E85H and the playback looks great, not HD, but DVD quality. At least there's no mosquito noise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts