OTA adapter on the Edision OS MIO 4K

Your current display (bouquets/last scanned) is showing the servics as logged during the last terrestrial channel scan. Press the Grren RCU button a 2nd time to display a service list. Press the Green RCU button a 3rd time to select list display by services or provider.

Create a favorites list to order the terrestrial channels to your preference.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Your current display (bouquets/last scanned) is showing the servics as logged during the last terrestrial channel scan. Press the Grren RCU button a 2nd time to display a service list. Press the Green RCU button a 3rd time to select list display by services or provider.

Create a favorites list to order the terrestrial channels to your preference.
Call me stupid, but I can't see how to make a favorites list after hitting the green button a third time.

Sorry, as you were displaying your found terrestrial channel list in last scanned bouquet, I thought that you might not be aware of the other ways to sort the service lists. I was just defining the multiple ways to display your service list (channels).

The easiest way to make or manage a favorites list is with a PC on your network with native WebIF (the router assigned IP address in a browser) or using editing software like DreamBox Edit.

Hey Guys, I am a new one to FTA and am just learning how this all works. I am trying to get my Edision OS Mio to work with my Hauppauge TV receiver and looking trhough here I am finding lots of information, but, nothing that my newbie brain can process. Is there a step by step set of instructions on how to get this to work? I have it working on my computer, but, not with the STB. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Guys, I am a new one to FTA and am just learning how this all works. I am trying to get my Edision OS Mio to work with my Hauppauge TV receiver and looking trhough here I am finding lots of information, but, nothing that my newbie brain can process. Is there a step by step set of instructions on how to get this to work? I have it working on my computer, but, not with the STB. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which Hauppauge dongle do you have?

You have to go into the Plugins menu and download the drivers for the dongle.

Only certain models are supported.

Menu->Plugins->Download plugins->Drivers and then select which Hauppauge device you have. You have to reboot after installing the driver. Then you can scan in the local OTA channels.

Last edited:
Are any of you having to reboot your box because the edison stops seeing the 950q? No matter what image I use I have to reboot my mio 4K plus for it to see the 950q again.

Are any of you having to reboot your box because the edison stops seeing the 950q? No matter what image I use I have to reboot my mio 4K plus for it to see the 950q again.

Yes. I have a 955q though. It happens probably because it doesn't securely plug into the usb port.

I find that I have to keep rebooting my osmio4k in order to get the dish to move again, also.

Menu->Plugins->Download plugins->Drivers and then select which Hauppauge device you have. You have to reboot after installing the driver. Then you can scan in the local OTA channels.
Thanks for the help! I was able to get the drivers, seems they were loaded when I plugged it in. I had to go into the tuners and set up them up. This then allowed me to do a scan. I am now getting the off air channels! Thanks again for the help.
PS. I am also located in a field in Southern Missouri, deep in the Ozarks and so far back I am lucky to have a zip code!!!

FWIW, I recently acquired a 950Q and have it on my OS Mio 4K. In the limited amount I've been able to use it, it seems to tune the OTA channels just as good as any of the TVs that I have. I am pleased with the purchase.

Are there other adapters that are compatible with the osmio4k? The audio quality that I get from the 955q has a lot of background white noise.

Are there other adapters that are compatible with the osmio4k? The audio quality that I get from the 955q has a lot of background white noise.
did you try your 995Q on a PC? I have a 950Q and i have not noticed any background noise on the osmio4k. Only negative I have seen is that occasionaly it will lose its lock on a signal (maybe to a temprary drop in an already weak signal) and not recover it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)