Possible NFL RedZone offering on Directv w/o Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its already been mentioned that it seems like there is a very good chance HD, redzone, gamemix, sunday snap, shortcuts will all be included in ST this year.

+ reading all the posts didnt most people always get the $100 superfan free from directv anyways every year ?

I haven't seen anything stating that that stuff will be part of ST.

Also, NO, SF is not FREE, I have got SF free once in the time I've had the ST /W SF which is EVERY year it's been available.

Hmm, I've always gotten the SF free just by asking. I say that I dont see any reason to subscribe to ST without getting the games in HD, and that its not worth $100 to get HD games on my HD receiver with HD service attached to an HD tv when i'm already paying for all those HD layers.

Hmm, I've always gotten the SF free just by asking. I say that I dont see any reason to subscribe to ST without getting the games in HD, and that its not worth $100 to get HD games on my HD receiver with HD service attached to an HD tv when i'm already paying for all those HD layers.

When I went that route, they explained to me that the SF HD is entirely seperate from the HD Fee that D* charges ..... I didn't agree with them, but also ddin't get any offers for free SF.

I got Free SF the second year it was out after paying full price the first year and then finding out that they were giving it away for half price later.
they sent out a letter that I kept and they honored it the next year.

I still think the Redzone channel (the version that came out last year) would be a nice add for Direct. But hopefully subs wont have to pay for the HD feed this year for ST

had to call dtv a few days ago about something else but asked the guy if he knew when auto renewal pricing would kick in. he checked and didn't see any info. i hinted that i had heard rumors about different options with st this year but didn't get any response.

Also, NO, SF is not FREE, I have got SF free once in the time I've had the ST /W SF which is EVERY year it's been available.

a) well SF included in ST is the rumour.

b) u musnt be calling enough....sometimes it takes 4 calls to get SF free....if they dont give it free just hang up and try again the next day & eventually u get a csr that will do it....i have had HD about 4 years now & have gotten free SF every year.

A user from dbstalk took a DirecTV survey that made indication of an offering for NFL RedZone as a standalone monthly option (similar to Dish and Cable via NFL Network RedZone).

Very little details at this point, and considering it came from a survey I would call it simply positive speculation (not news), but the fact that they are thinking about it is a good thing.

DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket Survey says Stand-Alone Redzone - DBSTalk.Com

That thread was about one fan's hope that Directv would offer a "Redzone" channel like on cable or Dish. Ain't gonna happen. Directv derives a lot of the revenue not to mention - exclusivity - by having the NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't believe they will add a Redzone like on NFL network because that would be shooting themselves in the foot. I have been a happy subscriber of NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv since 1996 and love the way it is currently structured with the Mix, Redzone and individual NFL Sunday afternoon games.

When I went that route, they explained to me that the SF HD is entirely seperate from the HD Fee that D* charges ..... I didn't agree with them, but also ddin't get any offers for free SF.

Then you needed the second part where you note that in no other instance where you buy any service or channel package from directv do you get only the SD version and have to pay extra for the HD version.

Then you throw in that the cost is just too high to get the games in HD, and that you'd like to drop ST. And since you're really only subscribing to directv for the ST package, that you'd probably be just as happy with cable and the $5/mo red zone channel.

I'm with ya. I want to see this in writing. All I see is $314 and $99 for Superfan on the site.

Apparently some people around here have so much free time on their hands they can play CSR roulette by calling 20 times a day until they get SF for free.

I'm with ya. I want to see this in writing. All I see is $314 and $99 for Superfan on the site.

Apparently some people around here have so much free time on their hands they can play CSR roulette by calling 20 times a day until they get SF for free.

Apparently some people here can just throw away $99.

I dont see a mention of $99 for superfan for 2010 on the site...can u link it ?

I've never had to call more than once. I explain my situation and my opinions and tell them what I'd like and what would keep me as a customer in a highly competitive business.

Actually, one call, thats all last year. Got a great deal on the whole package, posted a thread on it. It can be done. It is generally how you ask, and who you talk to.

Well thats 2 people who go Superfan for free.:p

I called for the first time last year and got free SF with the 1st call. Total price last year got out of my range, so I'll be calling again this summer if the rumors don't pan out about HD being included with the ST pkg.

Just a guess, but it your numbers are correct and D* decides to add it into the ST price, they would probably give it at about $ 399, just a guess.

Actually there was a multipage thread on people that got the deal, here and at DBS talk. I will try to find it.

In the past I have got it free as well. I have not had ST for two years since I was with Dish, but I look foward to getting the ticket this year. If I can SF for no cost that would be great, if not oh well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)