PS4 Owners Thread

Too bad all those installs and such take up so much space. A SSD paired with the power of the PS4 would be awe-inspiring.

Yeah some of the game installs are pretty big even if you have the disk. I think my Killzone install was around 40GB off the disk. The good news is they let you start playing before the install is completed. It only took 1-2 minutes from putting in the disk for the first time in to launching the game. That included a day one patch for the game. This is a huge improvement over the 45 minute install and update process on some PS3 games.

Yeah some of the game installs are pretty big even if you have the disk. I think my Killzone install was around 40GB off the disk. The good news is they let you start playing before the install is completed. It only took 1-2 minutes from putting in the disk for the first time in to launching the game. That included a day one patch for the game. This is a huge improvement over the 45 minute install and update process on some PS3 games.
Right, but the loading benefits for the games would be great. Like I said, when you install an SSD on your computer you will never want to go back to HDD. Yes, HDD games run much better than Optical, but SSD runs even better than that. Hopefully within this generation SSDs will fall more in line with HDD costs.

I know this belongs in the Deals forum, but since the target audience is probably focused on this thread I'll share it here. You can get the new Killzone for $45 with Free Shipping from Newegg via eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Killzone-Sh...5335869999&campid=5335869999&afepn=5335869999

Just an update on remote play over the Internet. I never could get it to work with the AirPort Extreme even with its version of DMZ. It worked great on my local network but something about it was blocking off site access.

I had an old wireless G dlink router in my house that supports UPnP. I set this up as my main router and turned off its wireless radio. I the AirPort Extreme in bridge mode to a switch with all my other devices so I could keep my gigabit home network setup. The only thing plugged into the dlink is one of the gigabit switches.

Now to the part people actually care about. Remote play no works from my parents house. I just played 2 levels of Resogun over the Internet and everything worked great. I didn't see lag problems. One thing I need to point out. Both networks were on the same ISP in the same city. If you are trying to remote play across the country you might not have the same experience. In fact I just set my high score for one of the levels. PS4 owners, I strongly recommend picking up a vita. It's truly amazing to be able to play all my PS4 games from anywhere with a solid internet connection.

My cousin's PS4 showed up dead on arrival. He waited on hold with Sony for an hour and a half before giving up. Did anyone here get a dead system.

My cousin's PS4 showed up dead on arrival. He waited on hold with Sony for an hour and a half before giving up. Did anyone here get a dead system.

Mine has shown signs of disc reading problems. When I first tried to play KZ it would hang up and the disc would spin up and down over and over in the opening cut scene. Had to reboot a few times. It then played just fine. Got a couple of hours of play. Love the game and the graphics are awesome!!!!!! Will continue to monitor the issue. If it continues I will gat a replacement machine.

Mine has shown signs of disc reading problems. When I first tried to play KZ it would hang up and the disc would spin up and down over and over in the opening cut scene. Had to reboot a few times. It then played just fine. Got a couple of hours of play. Love the game and the graphics are awesome!!!!!! Will continue to monitor the issue. If it continues I will gat a replacement machine.

That seems like odd behavior because I only hear my disk spin up when I first turn on the system and then again when I first launch a game. After that it seems to just play from the hard drive.

I'm a little disappointed that PSN has been down all night. I wanted to check out some Killzone multiplayer now that the servers would actually have people in them. My cousin, who was supposed to play with me can't turn his system on anyways. They told him to expect about a week delay in for getting a new system. I will be surprised if it even happens that fast because it doesn't sound like they are going to send him a new console until they receive his.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That seems like odd behavior because I only hear my disk spin up when I first turn on the system and then again when I first launch a game. After that it seems to just play from the hard drive. I'm a little disappointed that PSN has been down all night. I wanted to check out some Killzone multiplayer now that the servers would actually have people in them. My cousin, who was supposed to play with me can't turn his system on anyways. They told him to expect about a week delay in for getting a new system. I will be surprised if it even happens that fast because it doesn't sound like they are going to send him a new console until they receive his. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree. I'm gonna boot it up in a few and see what happens. Sux about your cousins machine.

Arrived safely. Downloading the patch took just over a minute. At 56% installed right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Arrived safely. Downloading the patch took just over a minute. At 56% installed right now.

Nice. I'm surprised you were able to get the patch quickly. PSN is still spotty for me. Sometimes everything appears to be working normally and then the next time I look I get the PSN is under maintenance message. I was able to download contrast so things might be improving.

One thing I learned tonight is that remote play still works over the internet even when the PS4 can't connect to PSN. I was getting the maintenance message but still able to play on my parents network on the Vita.

Nice. I'm surprised you were able to get the patch quickly. PSN is still spotty for me. Sometimes everything appears to be working normally and then the next time I look I get the PSN is under maintenance message. I was able to download contrast so things might be improving.

One thing I learned tonight is that remote play still works over the internet even when the PS4 can't connect to PSN. I was getting the maintenance message but still able to play on my parents network on the Vita.

That was fun. My bro, his wife and his step kid were over for dinner and I let them unbox and then the kid got to play AC4 for a while. I'm going to move the system, swap out the hard drive and get everything tied to my account tomorrow. Should be fun!

Well I can officially post here :) I pulled the trigger on a ps4 killzone bundle from amazon..I had gotten two phones for 199 from them when they messed up and sold those so I had play money again and spent it in a day lol. Ps4 will be here Tues!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Well I can officially post here :) I pulled the trigger on a ps4 killzone bundle from amazon..I had gotten two phones for 199 from them when they messed up and sold those so I had play money again and spent it in a day lol. Ps4 will be here Tues!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Awesome! It's good to hear that people who want them can still get them in a reasonable time frame. I thought they would be tough to find at least until after Black Friday.

I hooked our up yesterday, and was shocked when it downloaded the software in under 15 seconds. (I have a 150 Mbps connection) I was just getting my USB stick out of my pocket which I downloaded on Thursday as I figured their update servers would be slammed. Well guess not.

Didn't get to play anything though, although the kids got to play Klank a little bit.

When we picked up the PS4 we also decided to get the camera and extra controller. I was under the impression from the Jimmy Fallon video that what they showed came with the PS 4 or the camera but nothing came with them. I was also disappointed to buy the extra controller only to find that the charging cable did not come with it.

We wont be home today as we are headed out to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra today, but hope to play tomorrow.

PS I see a lot of people buying HDMI switchers for christmas, as TV's do not have enough for all these HDMI devices.

The demo they showed on Fallon is free. It's called playroom.

Last edited:
That was fun. My bro, his wife and his step kid were over for dinner and I let them unbox and then the kid got to play AC4 for a while. I'm going to move the system, swap out the hard drive and get everything tied to my account tomorrow. Should be fun! Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

How big of a HDD can it be upgraded to? I don't remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)