PS4 Owners Thread

How big of a HDD can it be upgraded to? I don't remember.

I don't know the upper limit but after shopping for one I can tell you that it's hard to find anything bigger than 1TB in the 2.5" laptop hard drive size. PS4 doesn't take the 3.5" desktop hard drive that is easily available with more storage. Amazon does have 2TB drives in that laptop format but there are only 2 choices and they are both over $210. The 3.5" 2TB drives are available from $90-$100 and there are lots of choices.

I don't know the upper limit but after shopping for one I can tell you that it's hard to find anything bigger than 1TB in the 2.5" laptop hard drive size. PS4 doesn't take the 3.5" desktop hard drive that is easily available with more storage. Amazon does have 2TB drives in that laptop format but there are only 2 choices and they are both over $210. The 3.5" 2TB drives are available from $90-$100 and there are lots of choices.

That's a bit steep.

Just got my shipment email!! Ps4 will be here monday..Killzone and one year of ps+ included in the bundle

How much does that bundle cost? It shows as unavailable on amazon now so they no longer have a price listed. I normally hate being forced into a bundle to get a console shipped. Retailers often hold back standalone systems and only sell to people willing to buy more stuff like Killzone and PS+. However, those add ons are basically essential for people getting a PS4 at launch so it's not a bad bundle. If the price was reduced from buying the 3 items separately it's even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How much does that bundle cost? It shows as unavailable on amazon now so they no longer have a price listed. I normally hate being forced into a bundle to get a console shipped. Retailers often hold back standalone systems and only sell to people willing to buy more stuff like Killzone and PS+. However, those add ons are basically essential for people getting a PS4 at launch so it's not a bad bundle. If the price was reduced from buying the 3 items separately it's even better. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got the same bundle. $499

Just got my shipment email!! Ps4 will be here monday..Killzone and one year of ps+ included in the bundle

I got the same deal. In mine the Kill Zone game box had a voucher for 7 days of PS+ Then, in the PS4 box was another voucher for 30 days of PS+, 10 dollars credit for the PS Store, and 30 days free of the music service. Amazon emailed me the code for the 1 year of PS+.

I got the same bundle. $499

That's basically saving $10 over buying each item separate. Not too bad.

My PSN name is the same as the one I use here if anyone wants to add me. It might be fun to see which satellite guys are putting up the best high scores in the arcade games like Resogun.

I got the same deal. In mine the Kill Zone game box had a voucher for 7 days of PS+ Then, in the PS4 box was another voucher for 30 days of PS+, 10 dollars credit for the PS Store, and 30 days free of the music service. Amazon emailed me the code for the 1 year of PS+.

Awesome! Can't wait and my psname is jackthejanitor

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

image-1981828898.jpg

My babies!!!!!!:)

If you are currently a PS Plus member those 7 day and 30 day trial vouchers probably won't work, i.e., won't stack with your current membership (though it never hurts to try of course).

If you aren't already a Plus member, my understanding is they won't stack if you enter them at the same time, but you should be able to enter one, then after it expires, the other, then sign up for the year using the 1 year code.

If you are currently a PS Plus member those 7 day and 30 day trial vouchers probably won't work, i.e., won't stack with your current membership (though it never hurts to try of course).

If you aren't already a Plus member, my understanding is they won't stack if you enter them at the same time, but you should be able to enter one, then after it expires, the other, then sign up for the year using the 1 year code.

Yep. I activated the 7 day. Then I'll do the 30 day. Then the one year.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Make sure to get your free PS+ downloads of Resogun and Contrast. I haven't tried Contrast yet but I am really into Resogun.

Make sure to get your free PS+ downloads of Resogun and Contrast. I haven't tried Contrast yet but I am really into Resogun. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep. Downloaded both. Also have Been using the voice recognition. I like it. Works quite well.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Yep. Downloaded both. Also have Been using the voice recognition. I like it. Works quite well.

I got my camera yesterday but I haven't set it up yet. I am waiting until I change out the hard drive so I don't have to do as much setup. I'm planning on replacing the hard drive later today but I want to make sure all my game saves are backed up to the cloud first.

I got my camera yesterday but I haven't set it up yet. I am waiting until I change out the hard drive so I don't have to do as much setup. I'm planning on replacing the hard drive later today but I want to make sure all my game saves are backed up to the cloud first. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How big did you go?

How big did you go?

I went with 1TB. That's the same as what I have in my gaming PC. I have lots of games on that thing and I'm not even half full yet. The PS4 installs have been huge so far though. Outside of indie games most of my PC games range from 8GB to 30GB. Knack and Killzone both asked for over 40GB of space.

I'll be putting in a 1 TB in myself (salvaged from my PS3 fat after it died a few months ago. I haven't been home much today. It'll either get set up tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)