PS4 Owners Thread

Just got my 1TB drive installed. The entire process took about 15 minutes and most of that was installing the 1.5 update again. I already got all my games reinstalled and the save data downloaded from the cloud too. Very easy process.

Waiting at a train station with my grandmother (she's off to visit my Aunt). Once I get her and her luggage on the train I'll likely turn to the PS4. Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Good luck my friend!!!!!

Just got my 1TB drive installed. The entire process took about 15 minutes and most of that was installing the 1.5 update again

How much was it?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

After messing around with it more, I don't think it was the hard drive making the noise. I think the fan was just revving up. It was weird because I haven't heard the fan at all except for when I first changed my hard drive. It was louder than my PS3 and constant until I turned the PS4 off. Today I haven't heard any fan noise and everything seems to be running smoothly off the 1TB drive.

i would have done this to my PS3 a long time ago if I knew how easy this was. I was constantly deleting games to make room for the new free games from PS+. A 1TB drive would have pretty much eliminated that problem.

Last edited:
After messing around with it more, I don't think it was the hard drive making the noise. I think the fan was just revving up. It was weird because I haven't heard the fan at all except for when I first changed my hard drive. It was louder than my PS3 and constant until I turned the PS4 off. Today I haven't heard any fan noise and everything seems to be running smoothly off the 1TB drive.

i would have done this to my PS3 a long time ago if I knew how easy this was. I was constantly deleting games to make room for the new free games from PS+. A 1TB drive would have pretty much eliminated that problem.
I think in the 5 years I've had my PS3 I only HAD to delete some stuff once (80GB, and that was deleting game install files), but then again I didn't have a PS+ membership.

I think in the 5 years I've had my PS3 I only HAD to delete some stuff once (80GB, and that was deleting game install files), but then again I didn't have a PS+ membership.

Mine was 120GB and between game installs, patches, and free games it always seemed like I was almost maxed out with 5 or 6 downloaded games on my system.

I installed a hard drive in my PS3 a couple years ago. Is it just as easy or easier to install in the PS4?

I'd go with easier (but that's probably do to the hell of a times had getting the the blue screw out of my ps3- practically stripped the damn thing). My bias aside, it's certainly not more difficult.

So I got a chance to play some NBA 2K14 before my power went out with the crazy storms we were having in Michigan last night. First I will say that I'm not a huge NBA fan. I like the game of basketball. I played in high school and love watching college games. I used to be really into the Pistons back in 2004 when they won the championship and I watched almost every game in those years when they were relevant. It has been hard to care about them the last few years when they have been so bad though. I was never a fan of the league as a whole so when I lost interest in the Pistons I lost interest in the NBA too. I used to play quite a bit of NBA Live and then made the transition to the NBA 2K series when they became the superior product. It has been years since I played an NBA game though and I wouldn't have bought this product. After hearing how great it looked I added it to my gamefly queue along with just about every other PS4 game. It was #7 in my queue but it just happened to be the first game they shipped me. The point of all this rambling is to say that I'm not the target audience for NBA 2K14 but I do know basketball well enough to grasp the sim nature of this game.

Now about the game itself... This is the most photo-realistic game I have ever played, period. Even as someone who isn't a big fan of the NBA anymore I can tell who the players are just from seeing their faces. The facial expressions and animations are beautiful. The tattoos and details like Greg Monroe's knee braces appear to be perfect. They really have every detail of these players down from their free throw routine to celebrations individual players do. I am doing a season (shortened to 14 games) with the Pistons and the commentary is smart enough to bring up details from past games on the schedule while I'm playing a current game. They use real coach and player voices when the reporter on the court interviews them. We are no longer in the 360 launch days when Madden released a completely stripped down game that was not as good as the last generation. The simulation aspect of this game feels right too. You have to run plays and do stuff a real team would do if you want to win. You aren't going to be able to just hit turbo with your favorite player and do a bunch of cross overs and a dunk every time.

My time with this game will be short. I plan on finishing my shortened 14 game season and sending it back to gamefly. I want to try out other PS4 games like Assassin's Creed IV and Lego Marvel. Putting tons of hours into a basketball game doesn't fit my interests as much anymore even though I would have been all about this game when I was younger. If a basketball sim does sound good to you this is your game without a doubt. Steer clear of NBA Live. Even if they made a great game this time I doubt it has this level of detail. I always thought MLB the Show (Sony exclusive) was the best sports game of the 360/PS3 generation. It looked the best and its simulation was the closest to the real thing of any sports game out there in my opinion. The MLB has my interest much more than NBA does too. After seeing how well NBA 2K14 is built for next gen consoles I can't wait to see what MLB the Show looks like this year.

Last edited:
OH MAN! the countdown has begun the ps4 is on the truck for delivery....I need to get sick and go home early.

Gonna be a looooong day. Hang in there buddy.

might go with the finger method, make it really loud so everyone hears and asks me to go home.

You really might have to do this. Fed Ex required a signature for my PS4 due to the dollar value of the package. If I wouldn't have been there to sign for it I would have had to wait for them to try again the next day or get to the Fed Ex shipping center before they closed to pick it up. I don't know if UPS does the same thing but it's something to think about if you want to be sure to get it tonight.

I had originally scheduled a day off for the 15th to sign for my package and be home to play with the PS4 for 3 days straight. Once I found out it was coming the 13th I moved my day off from Friday to Wednesday just for this PS4. Yes I have a problem. The first step is admitting it.

You really might have to do this. Fed Ex required a signature for my PS4 due to the dollar value of the package. If I wouldn't have been there to sign for it I would have had to wait for them to try again the next day or get to the Fed Ex shipping center before they closed to pick it up. I don't know if UPS does the same thing but it's something to think about if you want to be sure to get it tonight.

I had originally scheduled a day off for the 15th to sign for my package and be home to play with the PS4 for 3 days straight. Once I found out it was coming the 13th I moved my day off from Friday to Wednesday just for this PS4. Yes I have a problem. The first step is admitting it.

My wife is home all day to day and I have grounded her for the day, she is to do nothing but sit in the living room

99.9 percent of the stuff I buy from Amazon is delivered by UPS. The few times FEDEX has been involved, the package was either delivered late in the day, or looked like it bounced around in the back of the truck for a week. One time because it was a Saturday delivery (by noon), Amazon used FEDEX. 1230 and no package. Checked online, and it said no one was home. BS!!!!! Come to find out, through FEDEX, the driver quit early to go to the Hogs game!!! So when I saw my PS4 was going to be delivered by FEDEX I was instantly PO'd!!! I too had taken the day off thinking it would be dropped off by UPS at around 1100. So I called FEDEX and changed from a home delivery to store pick up. Well, my daughter had a doctors appointment in Little Rock that morning, so I told the better half since i was off, and the appointment was early morning, I would handle it. The store where I was to go and pick it up was two blocks down from the allergy doctors office i was taking my little girl to. So that worked out perfect. I like you, have a problem.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)