PS4 Owners Thread

Looks like Max Payne on PS2 is coming to the PS4. I hope this is a cleaned up or fixed version, because the original PS2 version was GOD AWFUL. It was very prone to slowdown and crashed often when I played it. It seems like the majority of people have forgotten that little fact.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/max-payne-rated-for-playstation-4/1100-6432895/

FYI, for the same price (I'm willing to bet this will cost $15) you can get Max Payne 1 and 2 for the PC

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/603/

Just got a PS4 purchased on Friday and hooked up on Saturday. Picked up Until Dawn, Trials Fusion and Madden with it. The system included the Nathan Drake collection as well. Been really blown away with it though I must admit I have only played Trials Fusion this far. At $9.99 I decided to give it a shot and it has certainly proven to be addictive for me. Plan on plugging in Until Dawn tonight.

Reactions: Zookster
Really had a hard time pulling Trials Fusion out. Can't believe that game has me so amazed and addicted. Really like Until Dawn... Nice storyline in my opinion and I kind of like how it saves so quickly so I can't backtrack my decisions and really play the story out. Briefly played a game in Jacksonville and Atlanta in Madden (as the Jags at home and Vikings visiting the Dome)... The game has gotten some hate but it's the first Madden game I got new in years and, as has been the case with the other two games, I'm blown away by the graphics and I like the features such as moving your team. We got off of work at the university today until January 4... Stopped by a co-workers house who thought I'd like Project Cars as I enjoy road racing. Stepped into a 36 car race at Laguna Seca and was in love. A car had crashed well ahead of me two laps into the race and the spread of debris was very cool. Ordered that one for pickup at Best Buy and I'll drive down Monday to get it. Enjoying the experience immensely so far. I picked up a Samsung Blu-Ray player as well as I didn't want the PS4 to be relied upon for my movies / TV viewing. I'll probably be stopping by this thread a bit more.

Reactions: king3pj
Good! We could always use a few more in the video games area. Be sure to check out other threads here too because a lot of the games discussed in other places are also available on PS4.

The "where are my satellite guys gamers at?" thread in particular might be useful. That's where a few of us go to talk about the games we have been playing lately and write up our own reviews.

Crap!!!! Really looking forward to Uncharted 4. I hope it isn't delayed longer. It will shift into summer and I will be spending all of my free time at the lake as opposed to playing games.

Usually when it's a small delay like that it means that they need to clean things up a bit. The game itself is probably done, but is probably not running well and/or is buggy. When things are REALLY bad is when you do a 3+ month delay.

I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and say thank you for putting up with me since I have been a part of this thread. I see so much interesting information that will help me decide what to purchase for my PS4. Got Project Cars the other day and it wasn't a disappointment. Also picked up The Golf Club and it's a true simulator. Been told the likelihood is a Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis. Not crippling but there are going to be (and already are) days I don't feel so well in the summer. That simulator will be nice for those times. The course designer is quite responsive so I've started creating the local courses I sometimes play.

Sorry to hear about the MS. I have several family members going through that and my dad has Parkinson's, which has some similar symptoms. Gaming can be a nice escape from whatever BS happens to be going on in your life. Don't be shy about posting here and in the other gaming threads. Half the fun in gaming for me is talking about games with other people who have the same hobby as me. We all have different tastes and will naturally gravitate towards different games but I have been encouraged to play many games I wouldn't have otherwise tried after reading about them here and I ended up loving some of them.

Keep at it and don't be a stranger.

I know I love beating this dead horse, but it occurred to me while putting a music CD in my PS3 this morning: I wonder how many people received a PS4 on Christmas morning and tried to put a CD of favorite holiday music in it, only to find it wouldn't play and maybe even thought their PS4 was broken and called tech support. lol

I know I love beating this dead horse, but it occurred to me while putting a music CD in my PS3 this morning: I wonder how many people received a PS4 on Christmas morning and tried to put a CD of favorite holiday music in it, only to find it wouldn't play and maybe even thought their PS4 was broken and called tech support. lol
What's a CD? Lol

Reactions: meStevo
Yeah, I can't imagine many people getting a PS4 for Christmas are really worried about CD playback. CDs are probably as relevant to kids as 8 tracks are to me. Most people stream their music these days and even the people who own their music library are probably more likely to have it in MP3 form.

Still, it is dumb that they don't have it. I mean if nothing else if they kept it in it would allow for easy PS1 backwards compatibility. Hell my old Nexus 1 was able to handle PS1 games via software emulation, so I have to believe it would have been well within the PS4's processing capabilities. I'm just glad the PSN (apparently) didn't go down today. Maybe the companies really did beef up their security.

Still, it is dumb that they don't have it. I mean if nothing else if they kept it in it would allow for easy PS1 backwards compatibility. Hell my old Nexus 1 was able to handle PS1 games via software emulation, so I have to believe it would have been well within the PS4's processing capabilities. I'm just glad the PSN (apparently) didn't go down today. Maybe the companies really did beef up their security.

I'm beginning to suspect more and more this is the real reason Sony won't enable CD playback on the PS4, so people with PS1 discs would have to rebuy these games digitally or sign up for PS Now if they ever want to play them again. The PS3 could of course handle PS1 discs without any problem.

Though the majority of music I listen to these days is streamed (either over my network to my PS3 or via Pandora or Spotify), I was reminded on Christmas morning how much more amazing it sounds when played directly from the original CD on the PS3 connected to a good (not even great) surround sound system.

I'm beginning to suspect more and more this is the real reason Sony won't enable CD playback on the PS4, so people with PS1 discs would have to rebuy these games digitally or sign up for PS Now if they ever want to play them again. The PS3 could of course handle PS1 discs without any problem.

Though the majority of music I listen to these days is streamed (either over my network to my PS3 or via Pandora or Spotify), I was reminded on Christmas morning how much more amazing it sounds when played directly from the original CD on the PS3 connected to a good (not even great) surround sound system.

You could always rip your music to a lossless format like FLAC. In that case it would be bit-for-bit identical to the file on the CD after it has been uncompressed during playback.

Yeah but FLAC is also very large. It's like using wav format.
I just had XMAS music playing on my iPad from SiriusXm for my holidays. Actually it made me miss listening to the songs on the radio with the static

You could always rip your music to a lossless format like FLAC. In that case it would be bit-for-bit identical to the file on the CD after it has been uncompressed during playback.

Yeah but FLAC is also very large. It's like using wav format.
I just had XMAS music playing on my iPad from SiriusXm for my holidays. Actually it made me miss listening to the songs on the radio with the static

I'm sure I'd have the hard drive storage, but it's so much easier to pop a CD in my PS3 than rip over 100 CDs on my PC. I also find it easier to grab the CD I'm looking for from my racks than scroll through scores of folders when I stream over my home network, which requires that my laptop is on.

OK, Star Wars did it for me, was trying to resist buying a next gen machine because of limited time dealing with my wife's illness and my age of 48, thought I just did not need a new game unit, Battlefront comes out and the next thing I know I am ordering a PS4/Battlefront combo and then ordering a few games with it, $700 later I hit order and it will be here on Thursday.

Just want to say I do really like this machine, still love playing games at my age.

Right now just playing Battlefront for the online fun and Arkham Knight for the normal single player type of game, after I finish Batman I have 3 Call of Duty games to jump into or The Last of Us or The Uncharted Collection, can't decide which one, once I start a game I must finish it ( if I like it) before I start a new one.

Just want to say I do really like this machine, still love playing games at my age.

Right now just playing Battlefront for the online fun and Arkham Knight for the normal single player type of game, after I finish Batman I have 3 Call of Duty games to jump into or The Last of Us or The Uncharted Collection, can't decide which one, once I start a game I must finish it ( if I like it) before I start a new one.

I'm currently using my PS4 to play the Uncharted collection. I never played Uncharted 2 or 3 on my PS3 so it's been cool to finally experience it.