Review of Manhattan RS-1933

Scott Greczkowski said:
Rick's company is him and his wife.

Skyvision is a little larger then that. :)

Rick the rip u off master company.. nice lol

Sent using SatelliteGuys with my EVO non 3D LoL
Oh press "like" if u liked my reply lol

There IS an Editor for the Manhattan stb. I sent it up into the Downloads queue over a week ago. I've used it to edit the Manhattan sat file, and it works. Eventually , I'm sure it will show up, otherwise you can PM me and I'll email it to you. Early days yet, with the Manhattan RS-1933, clearly . :)

Brent,

How do you get the files out of the Manhattan? I don't see a export in the menus.

Don't know that ! Only know that you can edit the file before you load it. Have to figure an export utility will be added shortly. Jeff Schumann sent me the editor, and I've used on the Sat file that he sent later.

Just got a call from Skyvision telling me that they got my order on Monday but forgot to ship it... and if I still want it shipped 2nd day air or regular ground...

Umm guys there is a reason why I ordered it second day air. ;)

Grrrr...

eh if they do they do
If they don't oh well...

I can't see why they wouldn't want an official review of it on America's Largest and most popular FTA Satellite Forum... unless there was a reason why they wouldn't want it reviewed such as a major flaw with the box they dont want exposed or something like that.

How well does the manhattan play high datarate video signals - stutter-free? and is the firmware actually being updated - I hear about this July update, but I don't see it posted on their website so is it only firmware updates posted out of sight only for insiders at this point and not their customers?

I have not noticed any stuttering as of yet on anything. If there is something you have in mind let me know and I will check it out.
New firmware is being written and should come out soon. Sorry for any inconvience.

Sorry for any inconvience.

Stone1150, Are you writing the code? If you are not, don't apologize for an inconvenience caused by firmware not provided by you....

I am sure that firmware will be released in due time to correct operational issues. Usually the first factory release firmware on new STBs have rough edges....

Last edited:
Stone1150, Are you writing the code? If you are not, don't apologize for an inconvenience caused by firmware not provided by you....

I am sure that firmware will be released in due time to correct operational issues. Usually the first factory release firmware on new STBs have rough edges....

I have nothing to do with the code. That said i am at the site that support the Manhattan. Files were there and then removed. Some did get those files and some were advised to get them before they were pulled. That is why I offered an apoligy. You are correct that I don't need to. That said, Don't I owe the people I told to get the files something in the way of an explanation of why they are not there?. Shouldn't I apoligise for telling them to get something that isn't there anymore? Or should I just let them chase their tail? Questions and assumptions like the one a couple posts above start up. However, If people are going to assume that I have anything to do with code simply because I apoligise for people not seeing files that were posted at one time, I will just keep my mouth shut and let people assume what they want I guess. Have a great day!

Personally, I suspect that since they are "adding" features, rather than improving on already coded features, the chances for inadvertent programming screwups ( to be blunt) are high. Later, once the features are implemented in code, and evaluated in the field, more fine-tuning will take place. Generally fewer screwups in this phase. It's an adventure ! :)
I'm quite happy with my Solomend 800, even though nobody seems to want to fix the few things that are not quite right, I can live with them. With the Manhattan being a North American targeted receiver, we should see something better , in time, than my buddy, the Solomend 800 . :)

How well does the manhattan play high datarate video signals - stutter-free? and is the firmware actually being updated - I hear about this July update, but I don't see it posted on their website so is it only firmware updates posted out of sight only for insiders at this point and not their customers?

Probably no one has bothered to check this out, yet. Certainly not me. I only got as far as checking out that it did, indeed , record. The really high datarate signals are out in the East where I can't get them anyway. :)
I'm going to bet, though, that there is some signal that it can't record faithfully, because frankly, unless you spend a lot of money for a very fast cpu, and fast I/O control, you're not going to get world class performance. There are probably feeds out there that cannot be recorded and played back except by a dedicated PC with PCI tuner, because of the processing power required to do all that.

I have nothing to do with the code. That said i am at the site that support the Manhattan. Files were there and then removed. Some did get those files and some were advised to get them before they were pulled. That is why I offered an apoligy. You are correct that I don't need to. That said, Don't I owe the people I told to get the files something in the way of an explanation of why they are not there?. Shouldn't I apoligise for telling them to get something that isn't there anymore? Or should I just let them chase their tail? Questions and assumptions like the one a couple posts above start up. However, If people are going to assume that I have anything to do with code simply because I apoligise for people not seeing files that were posted at one time, I will just keep my mouth shut and let people assume what they want I guess. Have a great day!

So I'm confused. My Manhattan has May software, should I be loading the July release or are we waiting for something else since July was pulled?

So I'm confused. My Manhattan has May software, should I be loading the July release or are we waiting for something else since July was pulled?

Without the option to "dump" your current software, I'd suggest you wait. That would be prudent. See what happens. Basically the May software works for me, but not as well as I hope for in the future. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)