Spaceway 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
vurbano said:
Maybe it doesnt work

Perhaps there is another unrelated reason. Can D* get enough HD receivers to satisfy the demand? If there's no receivers, what's the point to light up additional markets?

Tower Guy said:
Perhaps there is another unrelated reason. Can D* get enough HD receivers to satisfy the demand? If there's no receivers, what's the point to light up additional markets?

I dont think there is a shortage of H20's. You can walk into any Best Buy not in an HD covered market and buy one.

Just checking signal strength on my H20 and noticed DirecTV satellite 99 degrees network 11 transponder 26 with signal strength of 100.

fsds said:
Just checking signal strength on my H20 and noticed DirecTV satellite 99 degrees network 11 transponder 26 with signal strength of 100.

I also am picking up signal on 99 network 11

Transponders 22 and 30. Both are giving me numbers in the 70's right now but then again I did not go through final alignment with the dish when I installed it in January (-20 at the time)..

Lynskyn said:
Getting signal on transponders 3 and 7 here in Houston.
Receiving signals on the same transponders (3&7) here in the Nashville area.

Are there any other satellites on Spaceway 2 besides the 99 bird?

In Houston I am getting a 29 on tsp 3 and 31 on tsp7.

Did this bird just go live? I know yhe installer said 2 days ago nothing was active on 99

So once this bird goes live are we going to see some more national HD? I hope so. I'm in DMA 114 so I'm not going to see locals anytime soon but a few more nation channels wouldn't hurt anything. Especially with how many channels E* is offering.

BhamBrad said:
In Houston I am getting a 29 on tsp 3 and 31 on tsp7.

Did this bird just go live? I know yhe installer said 2 days ago nothing was active on 99
---------
Probably just in test mode by D*...Boeing has not made any announcement yet
that they have turned over control to D* yet..

Getting signals of 31 on transponder 4 and 27 on transponder 7 on the 99 bird (Network 11) over here.

hahler2 said:
So once this bird goes live are we going to see some more national HD? I hope so. I'm in DMA 114 so I'm not going to see locals anytime soon but a few more nation channels wouldn't hurt anything. Especially with how many channels E* is offering.
-----------------
Doubt it....both S/W 1 & 2 are spot beams, designed for locals, not National.
We will have to wait for Direct10@11 in 2007 for more National(MPEG4) stuff.

moonman said:
-----------------
Doubt it....both S/W 1 & 2 are spot beams, designed for locals, not National.
We will have to wait for Direct10@11 in 2007 for more National(MPEG4) stuff.

Wouldn't it be possbile to spot a few national channels? I hope they plan on doing that.

BhamBrad said:
Wouldn't it be possbile to spot a few national channels? I hope they plan on doing that.
----------------
In theory, with the new tech. birds, yes it's possible but not probable. They want
to provide as many locals in H/D as possible.

moonman said:
----------------
In theory, with the new tech. birds, yes it's possible but not probable. They want
to provide as many locals in H/D as possible.

Directv 8 has a Ka payload. They say it will be used for sat to sat uplink or something. Could they use Directv 8's KA payload for national HD now and then offload to the new D* 10 & 11 when launched? I'd love to see NGC HD and HGTV HD and the other channels in MPEG 4 - that would rock.

With S/W2 about to go live(after testing) D* will need direct 8 as a "traffic" cop
for handling data to S/W1&2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts