Spaceway 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mike_augie said:
checked on my h20 getting nada here in ok at least signal wise.....but so have a question I know that the h20 gets lower signal than my hr10-250 but i am only getting 70-75 on each sat....but hr10-250 gets 85-90 do i need to get a adjustment or not????

My installer said the H20 was deliberately tuned down in the indicator values. So you are getting strong signal showing on the Tivo so its the same as the H20. You wont get signal loss. The 70's is very normal on the H20.

shows zero's on sat 99* (net 11) and sat 103* (net 13)
i think it shows the evelvation -3* off
A realignment set for saturday

Nashville Area Reply

Well I guess that sounds pretty good. I am in the Cookeville/Livingston area. I guess it want be long now till they turn-on the Nashville HD feeds!!!!!!!!!!

Does it really make sense to be going crazy about realligning your dishes because your current signals aren't what you'd like them to be? I imagine they'll be doing some more testing, increasing some power levels or whatever. Maybe SW2 is parked a hair off where it's supposed to be. I wouldn't be going bonkers over signals in the 40s yet. It's not like you can get any channels off of it yet anyways.

You are right PoitNarf. Its too early to know the dish is off kilt. Plus, I dont think a household will be using more than 1 or 2 transponders for the local stuff. So wait till its parked, have your locals released, find the corresponding transponder, and check the strength. Until then, lets keep looking for signs that its coming. Amen.

PoitNarf said:
Does it really make sense to be going crazy about realligning your dishes because your current signals aren't what you'd like them to be? I imagine they'll be doing some more testing, increasing some power levels or whatever. Maybe SW2 is parked a hair off where it's supposed to be. I wouldn't be going bonkers over signals in the 40s yet. It's not like you can get any channels off of it yet anyways.
I agree, don't worry about the signal off Spaceway 2 now. If your getting the signals off SW1 of 90 or above you should be OK with SW2. If your signal is low on Spaceway 1 then a realignment of the dish is needed.

directvfreak said:
I'd say your dish needs realigned!
Thanks for the reply directvfreak.In regards to any and all programming that we are currently receiving,there is no picture freeze or signal loss of any kind.Please correct me if I am wrong,but if the dish is out of alignment,wouldn't that have a negative effect on picking up our current programming,such as not being able to acquire channels,etc.?I have taken the time to check every channel that we are currently getting,and everything is tuning in just fine.The current signals we are getting on the 99 bird (Network 11) are TP3:54 and TP7:49.It is picking signals up from 2 of 13 TPs.When I check the 103 bird (Network 14),it shows 16 TPs,but there are no signals coming from that satellite.

Last edited:
Signal Levels

Well that is all fine and dandy if you live in an area that gets any signal from Spaceway 1. There is no signal from S1 here, I had to align my in the blind. So getting in the seventies and eighties on Spaceway 2 is very nice!!!! And, since both of these are going to be for locals, my locals will be on Spaceway 2.

Signal strengths seem to be increasing a little more on the 99 bird currently.TP3:64 and TP7:57.

Big difference. Spaceway 2 hasn't been delivered to D* yet. E*X made the front page when it not only got delivered, but was serving channels. SII isn't doing either yet.

I have ti up and going in chicago. The highest I had was 57% but it was also cloudy out last night.

Brewer4 said:
Hmmm nothing at 99(Network 11) here in Hartford/New Haven CT.

I do have 4 at 103(Network 14). Transponders 6, 7, 14, 15

Might be coincidence but I am now getting signal strength of 92 (94 & 97 Monday morning) on transponders 6 and 14 for 103. They've been around high 70's since installation a month ago. I am also now seeing signal strength between 0 and 10 on transponder 6 on 99. This is the first time I have ever seen a reading.

Last edited:
Latest readings on the 99 (Network 11) bird...TP3:65 TP7:59

any word yet if sw2 is parked. the rumored date for some people's locals in the next 24 is comming up (tommorow the 19th) and i would think by now something would of been released if this is a vaild date. just like to know before i make some decisions to stay or not. its a big drawback not having hd locals when the nba finals will be comming up here soon.(next few months)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts