Spaceway 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Current signal readings on the 99 (Network 11) bird....TP3:70 TP7:63

dervari said:
Seems the board leans more towards E* in many respects.
This board has always been leaning towards Dish. That's OK. It will be interesting to see that if between the Tivo lawsuit loss, FCC denial of additional KA-band bandwidth, and other recent negative Dish news, perhaps the Dish horizon isn't as sunny in the near term and there will be some defections.

dervari said:
IMHO, it's just because there always more things to talk about with E* then D*. E* has all their new boxes with the growing pain bugs. What orbital position will be used for what programming, what the dish of the week will be, etc. D* has mostly HD Light.

dervari said:

This is a member driven forum. I thought it was great when Scott posted "D*'s plans for 2006-07"

The response from members was tremendous.

as rad stated there is more to talk about with E* than D*.

E* has Charley chats and is a more forth coming with information.

I think if youre a D* sub, as I am, our time will come in the future. IMO I think D* will be the leader in HD and PQ. Right now the decks are being shuffled and the cards are just starting to be dealt. In 2007 when all of D*'s cards are dealt Im sure there will be plenty to talk about. Right we are only holding 3 cards and the dealer still has 4 more to deal us. When they are all dealt, then we can Hoothand hollar at how great it is to be with D* or fold our hand in disgust and move over to the E* table.

I placed a call to D* a short while ago...went through the voice prompt menu and asked for "HD programming"...it transfers my call to advanced tech support :confused: Anyway,I asked the tech that I spoke with about the Nashville HD locals coming online tomorrow...He asks what equipment I have (2 H20s and the AT9 5LNB dish) and also asks for my zip code,checks my information out,and he says yes,you should be seeing the locals in HD sometime tomorrow....We will see in a few more hours,for sure....Latest check of the 99 (Network 11) bird shows TP3:74 and TP7:67...looks like the signal strengths are increasing a little more this afternoon.

Last edited:
I doubt the HD locals coming on tomorrow are being delivered on 99 (edit: I was wrong...keep reading...). I'm not sure about it, but I'd be surprised since we've heard NOTHING of them even "testing" 99 out.

Still, it's odd that I'm getting 99-100 on two transponders on 99, but 0 on ALL transponders on 103 :)(). I've got to believe that my dish is aligned correctly, as I get excellent signal on 101, 110, 119 & 99...then 103's gotta be aligned, too...right??

Last edited:
syphix said:
Still, it's odd that I'm getting 99-100 on two transponders on 99, but 0 on ALL transponders on 103 :)(). I've got to believe that my dish is aligned correctly, as I get excellent signal on 101, 110, 119 & 99...then 103's gotta be aligned, too...right??
Same situation here...we get signals on all but the 103 birds...Current programming is received just fine,no signal loss or pic freeze.In this area,the 99 (Network 11) bird is giving good signals on 2 TPs.

steve615 said:
Same situation here...we get signals on all but the 103 birds...Current programming is received just fine,no signal loss or pic freeze.In this area,the 99 (Network 11) bird is giving good signals on 2 TPs.
Okay...so, two markets, both *supposedly* going live with HD LiL's tomorrow, and BOTH getting no signal on transponders on 103, but signal on 99....hmmm...maybe they are releasing them on 99 and not 103...

syphix said:
Okay...so, two markets, both *supposedly* going live with HD LiL's tomorrow, and BOTH getting no signal on transponders on 103, but signal on 99....hmmm...maybe they are releasing them on 99 and not 103...
That is what I'm thinking too...We are relatively new customers to D*,but from alot of the threads that I have read on here,D* seems to like to do some things unannounced,or with little advance notice.

Before we start counting down the minutes to midnight, D* actually seems to add channels at 6am EASTERN....so, I'll have to check the TV before I head out in the morning.

D* told me today that Birmingham would be live 4/19/06. NBC was live today in Birmingham.I think on 99-3.

bearmur said:
D* told me today that Birmingham would be live 4/19/06. NBC was live today in Birmingham.
Welcome to the site bearmur...Are your HD locals coming from the 99 or 103 bird?

No I answered the question of what 'SS/L' was. SS/L (aka SSL) is the most recognized abbreviation for Space Systems / Loral. If they were talking about something or someone else, it would be just another example of why we should stop abbreviating everything and just rely on actual names. SeaLaunch (actually Sea Launch Company, LLC) would not be abbreviated SS/L.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts