Sunday Ticket discounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All in all a no-go. I went to the directv web site to turn sunday ticket on, and it says I already have it, even though I canceled it last month. The only button there is to cancel, and when I hit that it says I have to call to cancel.

So I called and said "cancel service" at the voice prompt. Got a nice guy, explained the array of problems that I'm having with the dvr's, that I've been a customer for most of the last 15 years, that I just got a promo from comcast offering me cable internet and digital tv for less than my internet service costs, and that the main reason why I'm still with directv is because of the nfl sunday ticket. I explained that I'd seen a lot of people, some of them customers for a lot less time than me, reporting on the internet that they're receiving the sunday ticket with a $20/month 6 month credit, and that considering my length of time as a customer I felt I should qualify for the deal.

The guy flat out assured me that there is no such promotion, and that anyone who said they've gotten it simply isnt telling the truth. I explained that without the sunday ticket, there wasnt any reason why I shouldnt just buy a couple of tivo's and use the cable tv that was already coming into my house. "Okay!", and he was ready to set a disconnection date.

So I guess its time to go get the tivo's and get them set up with cablecards.

You might have tried CSR roulette to see if you eventually got one that said OK, but that would piss me off too and you probably did the right thing canceling.

A Saints football fan site forum has had many people post stating their relative easy success getting the discount with few exceptions.

Yeah, I saw that this morning and have already been advised that monday mornings were a good time to call, gave it a whirl. The saints site was threaded from Slickdeals, so they're going to be pelted by slickdealers.

The guy I talked to said he had a record of the last two times I called, so I wonder how well the csr roulette really works.

It seems that the people who are getting it havent canceled the ST yet, that seems to be the problem I'm having.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that too about them being existing ST customers. That is so damn lame though.

Yeah, the slickdeals effect is probably being noticed.

I agree on the CSR roulette thing too.....I just figured if you wanted it bad enough that it might be worth the issue if in the long run you were going to cancel anyways.

Still sucks!

i'm not renewing this year. i'm sure they'll be happy to hear that. no matter the discount they offer i'm not doing it. i will miss it though.........

I just got the 6@$29.99 deal with the $20 off for 6 months. They would not give me free HD unless I did autopay though.

Well, just dropped them an email to cancel me effective two weeks from now. That should give me enough time to order up some dvr's and get the cablecard install planned.

Yet another vendor who decides that its better to try and hold a line and get no money, than to get some money.

I got an email with an 800# and a PIN to call about my 'problem'.

I guess maybe I'll get someone there who knows about the discount and doesnt think all of you people on the internet are lying about the discount.

Or maybe just someone who is familiar with this "internet" thing and how if you give something to someone, other people may become aware of it. ;)

Are you guys waiting until you see the charge on your bill, or are you just taking pre-emptive action? I'm on the fence about getting it again this year, I definitely won;t if I am unable to get a discount. I've gotten it for the past 4 years, but I'm not sure if I want to continue.

I just got off the phone with my sunday ticket and with all discounts and everything I was given it will be about 100! (they gave me the 6 @ 29.99 plus some other goodies seeing as I have never really gotten anything from them and I have 9 recievers on my account.)

how are you guys getting the 6 @ $29.99 deal? what do you ask for?

Status
Please reply by conversation.