Sunday Ticket discounts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
how are you guys getting the 6 @ $29.99 deal? what do you ask for?

I think they are getting the standard 6 for $49.99 deal with 6 $20 credits. I just called in and asked when the first charge would post to my account and how much it would be. Then I asked if there were any promotions to offset the price increase from last year and I mentioned I had the $20 off for 6 months credit last year to help with the cost. The rep looked and said I could have the same deal.

Well that went from one extreme to the other. I called the phone # they gave me with the PIN.

Guy had no problems giving me the $20/6 months deal on sunday ticket. Now for the fun part!

When I told him my HR20's were annoyingly slow, he offered to send me two HR24's for free. Yes, I asked him about 4 different ways what he meant by 'free' and he said 'completely free upgrade'. Now for the other fun part...

I asked as many ways as possible about whether there were any other conditions or attached strings, waiting for him to tell me about the 2 year contract extension for getting the 'free' HR24's. Nada. Not until I implicitly asked him if I'd get a contract extension did he talk about it. "Yes, we would request a two year commitment".

I took the sunday ticket deal. No thanks to the HR24's. I have too much programming to watch stored up on the 20's and I dont want any more two year commits.

Now I just wish they'd offered this to me on the first phone call, and not on the fourth.

Congrats on you getting your discount.

Don't think I'll be trying for the discount myself. Not sure that being a customer since tomorrow triggers any loyalty discounts.

Well that went from one extreme to the other. I called the phone # they gave me with the PIN.

Guy had no problems giving me the $20/6 months deal on sunday ticket. Now for the fun part!

When I told him my HR20's were annoyingly slow, he offered to send me two HR24's for free. Yes, I asked him about 4 different ways what he meant by 'free' and he said 'completely free upgrade'. Now for the other fun part...

I asked as many ways as possible about whether there were any other conditions or attached strings, waiting for him to tell me about the 2 year contract extension for getting the 'free' HR24's. Nada. Not until I implicitly asked him if I'd get a contract extension did he talk about it. "Yes, we would request a two year commitment".

I took the sunday ticket deal. No thanks to the HR24's. I have too much programming to watch stored up on the 20's and I dont want any more two year commits.

Now I just wish they'd offered this to me on the first phone call, and not on the fourth.
Alright!! Glad you got it!:up

Just got off the phone with D*( Bill in Omaha was my rep) He told me that he was paid by the hour AND for any "saves" or new ST customers. Unfortunately for him, I was bound and determined to cancel despite the $20X6 discount. (BTW< the first bill showed on my account today.) I took the savings to switch to MRV. I had to pay $99 for an additional DVR but my HR20, H20 and D11 will be replaced for free. I could not get them to ensure an HR24, so I'm pretty astounded they offered your two for FREE. Oh, well. :cool:

Here is what I got Sunday ticket for $314.95 credit of $74.99, bringing it to $239.96 and they gave me the to go/ computer access for $49.95 with a credit of $49.95 which made it free. I did it as a one time charge so I did not have to screw around with the payment plan. Total cost for the ticket with everything $239.96 not too shabby. Plus I had them add hbo which got me Cinemax for free for 3 months. Happy hunting those deals folks. I have been a customer with the Sunday ticket since 1999.

Here is what I got Sunday ticket for $314.95 credit of $74.99, bringing it to $239.96 and they gave me the to go/ computer access for $49.95 with a credit of $49.95 which made it free. I did it as a one time charge so I did not have to screw around with the payment plan. Total cost for the ticket with everything $239.96 not too shabby. Plus I had them add hbo which got me Cinemax for free for 3 months. Happy hunting those deals folks. I have been a customer with the Sunday ticket since 1999.

If you have had Sunday ticket since 1999 why didn't you get the early renewal rate of $299.94 instead of the $314.95 you are paying??

I could not get them to ensure an HR24, so I'm pretty astounded they offered your two for FREE.

He said they'd send me two HR24's in boxes and I could hook them up and send my HR20's back in the same boxes. Otherwise it would have been pointless; I complained in detail about the performance issues I was having, so sending me HR21/22/23's wouldnt have solved my problems.

Maybe he was wrong and it wouldnt have worked out that way, but he seemed quite positive that there was no problem with this at all.

Any idea of when the usual NFL ST deal for new subs is coming out? I usually get that deal and I like the movie channels for free for 5 months to load up my DVR.

Any idea of when the usual NFL ST deal for new subs is coming out? I usually get that deal and I like the movie channels for free for 5 months to load up my DVR.

You get this every year ?
Why can't the rest of us get that deal ?

Word is the NFL special has started already.

Its another one of those Your Mileage May Vary deals where you might have to call 5 times to get it. They offer new customers 5 months of premier and free sunday ticket for a low monthly fee. After that you can reduce the premier to a cheaper package. If you're an existing customer, you can call and wheedle away at them and maybe get it.

Last year it was $59/month, heres the fatwallet thread. It started July 21st last year.

DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket+Premier Package $59/month for 5 months Starts 7/21 For New Customers, Existing customers YMMV

Just made first call to get a break on signing up for ST.

No deal was offered beyond 314.93 or 44.99x7. I had it last year for a partial season and cancelled at the end of the season. CSR said I didn't have it long enough to qualify.

Been with DIRECTV since 2007 and am on autopay.

Any suggestions? The number I called was 800-DIRECTV (800-347-3288). Is there a better number to call? Is it better to call later in the year?

Called back, they advised because I am getting $20 off for 2 other discounts (programing credit and a HD credit) I don't qualify for an additional discount, otherwise they would offer.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Called back, they advised because I am getting $20 off for 2 other discounts (programing credit and a HD credit) I don't qualify for an additional discount, otherwise they would offer.

Any suggestions?

Typical Bullsh!t answer. Call today as Monday it the day there credits reset.

Is it a better strategy to add it, then call back before the season starts to cancel it?

If you do the payment plan when do you get the first charge?

I think that was my problem is that I canceled and the offers were for people who have it and were calling to cancel. I couldnt uncancel it on the web site as it said 'you already have this!'.

I guess once you have it and cancel, you have to call to uncancel.

I think the first charge is this month, it went on my bill immediately.

You cant cancel once the regular season starts, its permanent then.

So I guess the best strategy is to call and add it, see if you can get a deal then. If you cant, call back in a week on monday and say you changed your mind because its too expensive, are there any better deals on it to have you keep it?

I think that was my problem is that I canceled and the offers were for people who have it and were calling to cancel. I couldnt uncancel it on the web site as it said 'you already have this!'.

I guess once you have it and cancel, you have to call to uncancel.

I think the first charge is this month, it went on my bill immediately.

You cant cancel once the regular season starts, its permanent then.

So I guess the best strategy is to call and add it, see if you can get a deal then. If you cant, call back in a week on monday and say you changed your mind because its too expensive, are there any better deals on it to have you keep it?

Good info. Thanks.

And good luck on getting your discount too.

You get this every year ?
Why can't the rest of us get that deal ?

Word is the NFL special has started already.

I usually cancel it prior to being charged and then call back when the new sub deal is out and ask. I gave never missed or been late on a payment and have auto pay. My father gets it too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts