Super-DMA is being released!

Any word on whether the SuperDMA maps are still rolling out to Los Angeles this week? The Dolan's little feud may have affected some of the Voom employees a little. I hope they still get my DMA super map working in the next day or so. :D

I did a little channel surfing last night and checked my hidden channels. Lo and behold, I have several new channels! I got the new DMA Supermap! I may have received this a couple of days ago and I just got around to noticing it.

I did a new channel scan, hoping that I might find a new OTA channel. I could only scan the same 43 OTA channels that I have been getting before. Then I went and flipped the hidden bit on the new channels listed. Unfortunately, with the way my antenna is pointed or the geography of my home I wasn't able to receive any of the newly added channels. I ended up hiding them again.

I still have several channels that the supermapping has incorrect info for, so I will need to compile a list of what the box finds vs what my supermap shows so that I can get those final channels added to the program guide.

I wonder if I should pursue this now, or wait until the Dolan's work out Voom's longevity.

Sean...How can that be? Why would VOOM be spending money working on upgrading the DMA's? Didn't they word get out that they are closing shop and shutting down? lol

gutter said:
Sean...How can that be? Why would VOOM be spending money working on upgrading the DMA's? Didn't they word get out that they are closing shop and shutting down? lol

I know that you are joking but this should just go to show every how much they "charles, tom, csrs and techs" care about VOOM.

Cablevision will probably have to yank them from their chairs in order to get them to leave.

It's time for voom employees to picket cablevision

danielle_s said:
I know that you are joking but this should just go to show every how much they "charles, tom, csrs and techs" care about VOOM.
Cablevision will probably have to yank them from their chairs in order to get them to leave.
It's time for voom employees to picket cablevision
...Or they could just join us all on March 5th at the hanging! :D Vicki

Maps for Chicago, Portland, Memphis, Mobile, Pensacola/Fort Walton Beach, FL and Champaign/Springfield/Decatur, IL have been released. Five more cities are expected to be released shortly. If you are in one of those cities, please post your observations.

VOOM is now releasing 5 maps per day and is planning to do 10/day next week.

Got the update here in Mobile. All is good with a boat load of locals. None of them come in but they are there.

received the new dma for springfield-decatur illinois. now shows channels for dma 117 peoria-bloomington. close to getting a signal on the nbc station....82 strength, need to hit the magic number of 85! the other two are around 60-70 in strength. if i would ever get my antenna set up installed right i may pick more stations up. i've been vooming since dec. 04 and still can't connect with voom with this problem. glad they are still with us though! :D

Ok I am in new Orleans and I am planned to have the super DMA some time this week What do i need to do and what do I look for and how do I know when I got it???????

How do you check the signal strength of the local channels? I have a couple that have never come in.

klen said:
I see all of the other channels listed, but none of them have any "strength". What is the point of "super DMA"? Is it that I could possible get these channels if I had a rotor or a stronger antenna? Just wondering what it means to us.

-k

Yes; in my case. I do not have PBS available within my local DMA. But if I rotate my antenna I can get a PBS channel out of my DMA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)