Super-DMA is being released!

Dave, press help, info, OK

Ilya, still no change to the Pittsburgh map. Channels in Local Channel menu still the same, no additional channels added, no info on neighboring channels. I'll try the unplug reboot and if that doesn't work maybe a hard reboot.

I don't have any changes in the Shreveport Map yet either. I can scan Channel 6/RF15 (NBC) out of Texarkana but I still don't have the Program Info for it.

Anyone know how to tell when you received new DMA mapping. I am in the New York City DMA. I don't see any additional channels. My Off-Air Map says 0001.

Martin21 :confused:

Look in the Local Channel menu (press VOOM, then the green button, scroll down to Local Channels). the channels should show up there.

I don't think the Super-DMA went out yesterday as planned since 3 subs from Pittsburgh, 1 sub from Shreveport, and I'm guessing martin in NYC all didn't get it.

dave7002, Cegarrett, welcome to the forum!

I'll check with VOOM later today to see if they have started the rollout or not. I don't have any updates yet.

martin21 said:
Anyone know how to tell when you received new DMA mapping. I am in the New York City DMA. I don't see any additional channels. My Off-Air Map says 0001.
Your map will remain 0001, but you should start getting PG listings for stations from other cities. Can you currently pick up any stations from outside NYC? If so, see if there is any program info for them.

I'd assume the STB needs to be in standby to get the update, so for those folks that leave it on all the time, they may not see the update. Valid assumption? If so, something to factor in when looking for changes.

Doug

Ilya said:
dave7002, Cegarrett, welcome to the forum!

I'll check with VOOM later today to see if they have started the rollout or not. I don't have any updates yet.

Your map will remain 0001, but you should start getting PG listings for stations from other cities. Can you currently pick up any stations from outside NYC? If so, see if there is any program info for them.

Illya, the answer is yes, ABC, Channel 8-1and 8-2 in New Haven, but on a different receiver not on the Voom receiver. There are no stations outside of NY and NJ shown on the Voom receiver. These have always been there. Should additional stations, e.g. CT, automatically appear in the channel list or do I have to scan? The catch 22 is that I can't scan due to lack of access to Installation Wizard.

Martin21

martin21 said:
Illya, the answer is yes, ABC, Channel 8-1and 8-2 in New Haven, but on a different receiver not on the Voom receiver. There are no stations outside of NY and NJ shown on the Voom receiver. These have always been there. Should additional stations, e.g. CT, automatically appear in the channel list or do I have to scan? The catch 22 is that I can't scan due to lack of access to Installation Wizard.

Martin21
Do a scan and see if you can get these stations on VOOM STB now. If the signal is too weak for you to get them, the Super-DMA won't help you either. In most cases the Super-DMA will not help you get any new channels. It will only help you get PG listings for those stations that are missing PG info now. The only exception is, if there is a distant station that doesn't send PSIP and is currently skipped during the channel scan because of that.

I'm confused :( Shouldn't the channels added to the map show up in the Hide/Add menu in the Local Channels section? I have been looking there to see if channels have been added to the list. I still get "no info" on two of the channels and no additional channels listed oin the Local Channels section. One channel with "no info" is 22 miles from downtown Pittsburgh in another DMA and the other channel is actually part of the Pittsburgh DMA.

I just would like to know if Pittsburgh's Super-DMA was indeed sent since I haven't seen anything added and the STB is still skipping some channels that don't send PSIP :(

I'm in Mobile, Al. and we got updated yesterday. We have a station that went HD a couple of weeks ago and I had it when it first went HD then lost it a couple days later because of work still ongoing with their equipment. Well, it was there last night along with the SD channel also. Now I'm in HD bliss through the whole house and freakin Voom maybe going away. :no

Ilya, I did a Factory Reset today. Either Pittsburgh's Super-DMA wasn't sent or it didn't include any new channels. Attached are some pics. After the reset and before scanning the local channels map was only the 7 Pittsburgh stations. This leads me to believe Pittsburgh wasn't sent or no stations were added to Pittsburgh's Super-DMA map. Other Pittsburgh subs have also reported that their Local Channels list have no additional channels.

I'm going to assume the "new" map only included the original 7 Pittsburgh stations and post infomation on the missing stations in the appropriate thread.

Thanks

Attachments

• Pre-Scan.gif
    Pre-Scan.gif
    104.7 KB · Views: 221
No, I don't think it was sent yet. Looks like the rollout has been delayed. I am still waiting for an updated schedule. I'll post it as soon as I hear anything new.

Thank's

I just thought of something. Since all the guide info is sent to the satellite anyway wouldn't it be easier to load every station into the Local Channel list then pick your stations manually or when you scan it matches up the PSIP with the VOOM list and only those channels with a signal are displayed on the EPG (similar to what it does now). In the case of stations that don't send the PSIP you would have to choose those manually. Seems like that would be much easier.

UPDATE: The Super-DMA rollout has been postponed due to some technical problems. It is expected to resume next week. I'll post the updated schedule as soon as I have it.

Ilya-where do I look to see if I have the upgrade for Super DMA(new to all these service screens)I am outside Washington DC--Thanks

You don't have it yet. Perhaps next week ;)

How will I know when it is sent--is there a screen in the service menu that I can check to see and what should I look for ie: numerical change

I would simply check for the total number of OTA channels. It should go up.

Voomers Win!!!

Cable Guys... Voom Maybe coming to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts