Super-DMA is being released!

Most of them will be hidden, or you will be able to hide them yourself.

both of our boxes updated to .37 last night here in dallas tx.

d151b said:
c'mon ilya, what's the word?
Ok, here is the deal. The new plan is to start the Super-DMA rollout on Monday and initially do only one per day for the first week - then crank back up to 10 a day if all look good. Any suggestions for the first few? Which of you guys are getting strong signals from neighboring DMAs?

I'm in Mobile Al. on the west side close to the Miss. state line. I get all my locals and early on I was getting some of Biloxi's stations. With the new dma I would think those would come in but they are not. I'm currently not getting anything out of my current dma.

joverstr2 said:
I'm in Mobile Al. on the west side close to the Miss. state line. I get all my locals and early on I was getting some of Biloxi's stations. With the new dma I would think those would come in but they are not. I'm currently not getting anything out of my current dma.
If you are not getting those stations because the signal is not strong enough, the Super-DMA won't help with that...

Ilya said:
Ok, here is the deal. The new plan is to start the Super-DMA rollout on Monday and initially do only one per day for the first week - then crank back up to 10 a day if all look good. Any suggestions for the first few? Which of you guys are getting strong signals from neighboring DMAs?
That would be me! My home DMA is Washington DC, but I receive Baltimore (MD), Richmond (VA) and Charlottesville (VA) just fine. Perhaps VOOM will create a Deluxo DMA Map for me and the three other VOOMers in my area.

This is what I get in 21-Pittsburgh if it helps with a decision:

RF/Analog----Call/City------------Market------Signal----Listing in EPG
25/2---------KDKA/Pittsburgh-----Pittsburgh---99-------YES
26/16--------WQEX/Pittsburgh----Pittsburgh---89--------NO
33/24--------WNPB/Morgantown--Pittsburgh---86--------NO*
38/13--------WQED/Pittsburgh----Pittsburgh---89--------See Note+
42/22--------WCWB/Pittsburgh----Pittsburgh---86--------YES#
43/53--------WPGH/Pittsburgh-----Pittsburgh---99--------YES#
48/11--------WPXI/Pittsburgh-----Pittsburgh---98---------YES
50/40--------WPCB/Pittsburgh-----Pittsburgh---85--------YES
51/4---------WTAE/Pittsburgh-----Pittsburgh---85--------YES
57/9---------WTOV/Steubenville---Whlg/Stbn---94--------NO#

+ Listings for WQED are on 13.3 when the video is actually on 13.2

* WNPB multicasts, 24.1 is West Virginia PBS, 24.2 is West Virginia PBS-2, 24.3 is PBS You and Annenburg/CPB

#(1) WCWB 22.1 is HDTV, 22.2 is an SD simulcast (no listings on 22.2 but is the same as 22.1)
#(2) WPGH 53.1 is HDTV, 53.2 is an SD simulcast (no listings on 53.2 but is the same as 53.1)
#(3) WTOV multicasts 9.1 is the regular schedule and 9.2 is doppler radar.

When speaking with other VOOM users WQEX, WTOV, & WNPB are the only digital stations users have reported as receivable, but not listed. Note that 2 of those 3 stations are in the Pittsburgh DMA, but aren't on the Pittsburgh channel map :(

Ilya said:
Which of you guys are getting strong signals from neighboring DMAs?

I'm in Whitewater, WI and am mapped to Milwaukee. But I actually pick up more stations from Madison than Milwaukee.

Paul

Ilya said:

Ilya - I'm in the Sacramento CA DMA (0019) and get good reception of the San Francisco stations on a regular basis. Already in my locals, just no guide data. Would love to be a test subject.

Doug

Todd from Florida here. I live right between Orlando, FL and Tampa, FL. Can see all locals from both Orlando and Tampa, just no guide info from Tampa (outside of my current DMA).

d151b said:
now when is dallas targeted for dma rollout?

I'm in the Dallas area also. I don't think that we will get any more stations with the Super-Dma. There are no other major metro areas near us, unless you count Sherman. I'm in McKinney and I don't pick up the Sherman station. I've tried to manually tune it and I can't get a strong enough signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)