Voom can be closed down in 30 days. Is it really dead this time?

danielle_s said:
Thank You, In my opinion jl needs to be monitored, unfortun... he is intittled to his opinion no matter how wrong he is.

As for the facts that he posts, he needs to start reading between the lines and start realizing that there is somethings more to the story than just what is being posted.
I think we should be discussing the topic and not the posters.

JL

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have proposed we simply enact censure upon justalurker.

censure

n 1: harsh criticism or disapproval [syn: animadversion] 2: the state of being excommunicated [syn: excommunication, exclusion] v : rebuke formally [syn: reprimand, criminate]

Reuters:

But VOOM HD LLC said it was prepared to finance the continued expansion of the VOOM satellite service. Supported by the family interests of Charles and Thomas Dolan, VOOM HD, LLC has advised Cablevision it continues to be interested in completing a transaction on the terms and conditions of the letter of intent into which the two companies entered several weeks ago.

Quotation city...and a few of my thoughts

I posted this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating...

"Patience and shuffle the cards." -- Miguel De Cervantes
Walter L. said:
The 1st time we heard VOOM was dying, the rumor lasted ~1 month. This time it only lasted ~1 hour. :D
Sounds like progress to me! :)
Walter L. said:
I'll bet that he's desperately searching the web for more "reliable" press releases that contradict the latest developments :p
Maybe he thinks he is Einstein… "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -- Albert Einstein
jeslevine said:
I think Mark Twain said it best:
"The news of Voom's death has been greatly exaggerated
Ya beat me to it!! :D

To the following, AND many others I didn't take time to quote...:
Sean Mota said:
(snip) Press Releases don't tell you the whole story in this case.
danielle_s said:
Thank You, In my opinion jl needs to be monitored, unfortun... he is intittled to his opinion no matter how wrong he is.
As for the facts that he posts, he needs to start reading between the lines and start realizing that there is somethings more to the story than just what is being posted.
Ilya said:
Tough negotiations. That's what it is I think...
Both parties had to make a point and they did. Nothing is final. Each side can come out with a different offer tomorrow. The saga continues!
100% agreement from me… :)
"It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears." --
Rod Serling

justalurker said:
My condolences.JL
Now, WHY do I detect a note of insincerity here? :rolleyes:
justalurker said:
Nah. I don't mind if Voom lives on. It would be much more interesting to see them struggle toward victory than die in a month or so. At the beginning of the year I expected Voom to make it to December. The January 20th announcement was a shock to me (selling the active platform!) but the February 10th letter of intent opened a new book of "How to survive as an FSS carrier". Voom's ANNOUNCED shutdown makes it less likely that I'll get to see Voom HD, LLC try to survive on AMC-6. But "As The World Turns" there is a glimmer of hope.Don't forget one of them thar Dolans is doing the plug pulling. There is one Dolan that has a lot to do with it. JL
My emphasis added, not his…draw your own conclusions.
justalurker said:
I think we should be discussing the topic and not the posters. JL
You’ve come to THAT conclusion now rather conveniently and late in the game, don’t you think??
Was it getting warm in here? :rolleyes:
Does your memory need refreshing?? Here for instance you accuse people of
lying, taking drugs and being ignorant.

Being the ever-faithful cheerleader I am
party01.gif
...one parting thought tonight...

"Let us, then, be up and doing, with a heart for any fate; still achieving, still pursuing, learn to labor and to wait." -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

You know Vicki,

I think that this night was the night we all couldn't take it anymore. Already being stressed out about Voom possibly going dark we didn't need JL spreading "his 2cents" around all over the place.

We just couldn't take anymore and finally decided to stand up for ourselves.

justalurker said:
There is a topic around here somewhere ...
Posts on topic would be most appreciated.JL
Is it only "on topic" if you decide so? :what

Seems to me many are only responding to your posts...but you don't seem to like to discuss the pointed questions...so you plead "topic" and "personal attack". I'm so sorry. :river :river :river Vicki :)

You people are really amazing.
Sorry...but I, for one, enjoy the content AND opinion that JL brings to the board. This has all been beat to death before. There's a simple solution for those that don't want to read his posts...put him on ignore.
And I'm in 100% agreement with his most recent posts...regarding the topic of the thread.

I mean...after all...he's a RACOON fer Chrissakes! :)

Lob

JL brings much to the table. You should be embarrased that you'd insult him just because you don't agree with him. Is this a teen board we're on?

This thread is starting to sound too much like the f'in Lifetime Network.

Good news!!! JL should no longer be a problem here on the forum. I am pretty sure I ran over him on my way home last night. Sure looked like his Avatar! (Before the carnage anyway) Can you say road kill? :yes

Indy said:
Good news!!! JL should no longer be a problem here on the forum. I am pretty sure I ran over him on my way home last night. Sure looked like his Avatar! (Before the carnage anyway) Can you say road kill? :yes

I saw Bruce/Boo stopping behind you. I think he scooped him up to make stew while the body was still warm.

I just lost signal on every channel. Does everyone else have signal?

Bill

Billnut said:
I just lost signal on every channel. Does everyone else have signal?

Bill

Should have paid your Voom bill. Voom is still on here with every channel coming in fine.

"I just lost signal on every channel. Does everyone else have signal?"

Considering they've already stated "plans to provide the VOOM service to
Current satellite television customers during a transition period of a
Minimum of 30 days"

I'm sure it's just temporary.

Indy said:
Yep...that was him:

zdeadraccoon.jpg

Kind of funny though. I was watching HDNews and it just stopped. The snow ended here hours ago so that is not a factor. Didn't mean to jump the gun but with everything going on it just seemed a little strange.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts