Voom can be closed down in 30 days. Is it really dead this time?

djjsin said:
:mad: These New Channels In March Are Going To Be Awesome!
Maybe they meant new channels at a different sat. provider? (I hope not)

justalurker said:
I noticed that you even changed the title of this thread. Sorry Sean, but even your superpowers won't save Voom now. Its over and its official from Cablevision. Denial won't save voom.

JL

Where is justalurker in these trying times... :D :D Press Releases don't tell you the whole story in this case.

Sean Mota said:
Where is justalurker in these trying times... :D :D Press Releases don't tell you the whole story in this case.

I'll bet that he's desperately searching the web for more "reliable" press releases that contradict the latest developments :p

Walter L. said:
I'll bet that he's desperately searching the web for more "reliable" press releases that contradict the latest developments :p
Now, now. Let's not get as cocky as he was. Who knows what "news" will be next?

Sean Mota said:
Where is justalurker in these trying times... :D :D
Reflecting on my last post:
justalurker said:
Looks like the "inside memos" are the same as the press releases. :D
Oh well. Maybe in the morning there will be 500 web stories about each memo to quote. :rolleyes:
Sean Mota said:
Press Releases don't tell you the whole story in this case.
And the inside memos are not telling a single word more. Cablevision is shutting down Voom in no less than 30 days. Tom and Charlie think they still have a shot to save it. And their bickering has become public in battling press releases.
Walter L. said:
Nahh. I just have a life. :D I had something else to do for a while.

It is still just a bunch of bravado from Charles and Tom Dolan. The only way to save Voom is to GET THE DEAL DONE. As long as Cablevision and James Dolan are in charge of Voom it will be shutting down.

I'd hate to be a Voom employee right now. Do you follow James or Charles and Tom? James just told Tom Rutledge to shut down the company. Charles and Tom said don't worry, be happy. Who is the COO's boss and how long will one be employed if the COO says "shut it down" and one doesn't comply?

Like it or not, Charles and Tom Doland are not in control. Otherwise THEY would have the Cablevision stationary to make their grand claims.

JL

I was wondering where you went. Anyway... Don't call it "shutdown" yet... It is a long way to Madrid from here.... :D :D

I'm starting to think that JL just wants to see voom get shut down so that he can say I told you so.

Sorry JL, Voom's not going anywhere as long as the dolans have anything to do with it, regardless what the "press" as to say about it.

justalurker said:
It is still just a bunch of bravado from Charles and Tom Dolan. The only way to save Voom is to GET THE DEAL DONE. As long as Cablevision and James Dolan are in charge of Voom it will be shutting down.

JL

Correction, the pissing contest has two sides. Problem is these while these guys are playing liar's poker in the board room, a bunch of "common folk" have their lives hanging in the balance.

This little family spat emphasizes all that is wrong with Corporate America.

Chuck Dolan controls 51% of the voting shares. If James Dolan wants to play hardball, I think it's time to have the shareholders speak. Vote him out on his ass if need be.

yup

danielle_s said:
I'm starting to think that JL just wants to see voom get shut down so that he can say I told you so.

Sorry JL, Voom's not going anywhere as long as the dolans have anything to do with it, regardless what the "press" as to say about it.

took you long enough to realize that

Actually, it occured to me that JL is a shill planted here by Jimmy D to spread FUD throughout the Voom community. hehehehe......Sorry, dude, won't work. I want my VOOM!

danielle_s said:
Nah. I don't mind if Voom lives on. It would be much more interesting to see them struggle toward victory than die in a month or so. At the beginning of the year I expected Voom to make it to December. The January 20th announcement was a shock to me (selling the active platform!) but the February 10th letter of intent opened a new book of "How to survive as an FSS carrier". Voom's ANNOUNCED shutdown makes it less likely that I'll get to see Voom HD, LLC try to survive on AMC-6. But "As The World Turns" there is a glimmer of hope.
danielle_s said:
Don't forget one of them thar Dolans is doing the plug pulling. There is one Dolan that has a lot to do with it.

JL

jeslevine said:
I was just in agreement with you that JL always trys to sqwash any hope

Thank You, In my opinion jl needs to be monitored, unfortun... he is intittled to his opinion no matter how wrong he is.

As for the facts that he posts, he needs to start reading between the lines and start realizing that there is somethings more to the story than just what is being posted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts