Voom can be closed down in 30 days. Is it really dead this time?

First memo date 2/28 is from Tom & Charles Dolan address to all Rainbow DBS and Voom 21 Employees.

In the memo it states that Voom is going through difficult times but that members of the Dolan Family are committed the business. Financing for the purchase of VOOM is in placed. They are working hard to make this work and satisfied all parties involved.

In a while I will give you the second memo...

the thing that makes me wonder the most

charles dolan is still the chairman of the cablevision board right? He is the majority stockholder right? So why would his company put out press releases, going against what he is saying? Shouldn't he get final approval on all press releases going out?

Apparently the battling Dolans have taken to fighting through public announcements. Voom HD, LLC doesn't own Rainbow DBS and can't keep it running unless it manages to BUY the company ... :rolleyes:

Next press release from Cablevision: Oh yes we will ... :p

JL

One "television insider" website reports that the HD News staff has been told the operations will shut down, but no date was given. This sounds consistent with the Cablevision release.

As for those of you fed up with Cablevision, it may not last much longer than Voom.

You know the VOOM press release was from VOOM and was a hopeful statement that Cablevision would be willing to negotiate again.
However the Cablevision press release said that time was up and they were closing VOOM down.
The fact that Voom said something does not make it so unless the board approved it.

i think it should be

"Voom HD ... Nobody know's what the hell is going on"

djjsin said:
the thing that makes me wonder the most

charles dolan is still the chairman of the cablevision board right? He is the majority stockholder right? So why would his company put out press releases, going against what he is saying? Shouldn't he get final approval on all press releases going out?
Scott is probably right. You have both Dolans at their typewriters firing off press releases. One says Voom is dead. The other says Voom is going forward. Seriously dysfunctional family right about now, I'd say.

That's the problem

1080iBeVuMin said:
Scott is probably right. You have both Dolans at their typewriters firing off press releases. One says Voom is dead. The other says Voom is going forward. Seriously dysfunctional family right about now, I'd say.

they are using typewriters. It would be much quicker if they used computers

This one is also date 2/28 but it comes from James Dolan and it was sent to Distribution (which does not show in the memo).

It basically stated that the board and VOOM HD could not come to an agreement and therefore the board has directed to close VOOM DBS business including Voom 21.

It goes on to say that he has assigned his COO to work with all the executives of VOOM 21 to shut it down so that the transition goes smoothly. He also states that he is committe to treat all employees and subscribers in the best possible way.

whats worse is there typewriters are probubly right next to each other. And one looks at the other right before they send a press release out. Now lets see what they all say after we say this. LOL

its like there own reality show.

And so once again I have to raise the specter... what about those of us that OWN the equipment. Nothing short of a cash refund is going to do it for me if they go dark.

Seems like chuck needs to remind his son who the boss is and teach him a little respect. If he has to he should put little jimmy over his knee and remind him to respect his father, especially since he wouldn't be sh*t without him.

rtt2 said:
You know the VOOM press release was from VOOM and was a hopeful statement that Cablevision would be willing to negotiate again.
However the Cablevision press release said that time was up and they were closing VOOM down.
The fact that Voom said something does not make it so unless the board approved it.
Tough negotiations. That's what it is I think...
Both parties had to make a point and they did. Nothing is final. Each side can come out with a different offer tomorrow. The saga continues!

patrickpiteo said:
Man you should see the way this guy runs the Rangers and Knicks. These two teams will never win again in my lifetime with this guy owning them. He has no clue...

I really don't care much about Rangers or Nicks and how somebody runs them. But I am care about Voom, and so far it looks like CVC tries to get something from C. Dolan, but he wants to get for free (smart!) and hopes that nobody will try to steal it from him. It is just maneuvering… Wait until it settlles in couple days. There is a hope for us Voomers, that father will outsmart his son. :D

And so once again I have to raise the specter... what about those of us that OWN the equipment. Nothing short of a cash refund is going to do it for me if they go dark.

I agree with you 100% but I'm pretty sure you not getting your money is the same as if your equipment became obsolete.
Also, I doubt if Dolan's investers are going to give people their money back since they were investing to keep VOOM VOOMING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)