Voom can be closed down in 30 days. Is it really dead this time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well its back to comcast for me. im not giving directv 600 dollars for 2 hd receivers. i just cancelled dishnetwork in january to get voom and im sure i still owe them money.
damn damn damn damn damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justalurker said:
Sean, you are a nice guy and I realize that the end of Voom will lead to the end of your forum, but why is it that despite CLEAR STATEMENTS from Cablevision that they are shutting down you hold on to a line posted by a three post poster? There is a point where giving people the benefit of the doubt ends.
JL

JL, get a job and a life, or lurk off a cliff.

As far as Voom, it may be just posturing and bad blood. Nothing is set in stone yet. When it goes dark, then it is final. Until then I will enjoy it.

If the worst happens, then it is Netflix and OTA. Once I have tasted Voom, there is no going back to D* or E*. So they have a DVR, but nothing to watch.

Sean Mota said:
I could give the benefit of the doubt to sources who are in the inside and know more than you or me.
Or you could give them precidence over offical reports. :D

The title of the press release is
Cablevision and VOOM HD End Discussions without Agreement Regarding
Sale of Rainbow DBS

The previously announced letter of intent between Cablevision and VOOM HD to pursue such a transaction expired today. As a result, Cablevision will close down the VOOM business.
Cablevision said that it plans to provide the VOOM service to current satellite television customers during a transition period of a minimum of 30 days.

Balance that FAIRLY against a "source" that says ...
I heard from a reliable source that its really not dead...
and ask yourself why the thread title changed ...

JL

edtorious said:
Should I go ahead and call Voom to cancel my subscription? I've had voom for about a month now, are they going to refund me for the installation charge? If I cancel are they going to charge for early cancellation fee? Maybe I should wait this out huh? If it ends, it ends... At least I won't get charged for early cancellation fee. Maybe I shouldn't pay my subscription fee for this month? Oh well, very sad indeed :no . I guess I'm back to cable :no .
Yes. It may be time to panic. When you get off the phone I recommend we take to the streets screaming and running and wilding. Can the looting of D* dishes and DVR's be far behind? :D
Just kidding. Ride it out. See what happens. We were having these exact same conversations a month ago.

I know for a fact another memo to employees followed this release saying VOOM isn't shutting down. I'm not saying VOOM will live on, but don't throw the dirt on just yet.

See they don't even know wha to say or do that is why they are keeping us in limbo cause they don't know what to do. If i was Mr. Dolan my son would no long have a job he would be in the unemployment line first thing in the morning.

If voom was a cat... How many of its nine lives would you say have been spent?

Seriously, it would come as no shock to me to find this was just another negotiatiing and/or posturing move by CVC. Perhaps they want to drive the selling price up or gauge value and then run to E* to see if they'll counter. Maybe E* has re-thought and now wants more (or less) assets. Since they declared their intentions to talk to VOOM LLC, they must now declare the talks over to consider new offers in good faith.

how many times have headlines been realized?

justalurker said:
Or you could give them precidence over offical reports. :D

Sale of Rainbow DBS

The previously announced letter of intent between Cablevision and VOOM HD to pursue such a transaction expired today. As a result, Cablevision will close down the VOOM business.
Cablevision said that it plans to provide the VOOM service to current satellite television customers during a transition period of a minimum of 30 days.

Balance that FAIRLY against a "source" that says ...
I heard from a reliable source that its really not dead...
and ask yourself why the thread title changed ...

JL

In todays media circus I would say 50% they are right and 50% they are wrong

justalurker said:
Sale of Rainbow DBS

JL
Can't imagine that they could start discussions again, eh? :rolleyes:

remember the media was calling Voom dead a month ago

No matter what happens, I will enjoy it as long as it is available

TYORK said:
I know for a fact another memo to employees followed this release saying VOOM isn't shutting down. I'm not saying VOOM will live on, but don't throw the dirt on just yet.

See they don't even know wha to say or do that is why they are keeping us in limbo cause they don't know what to do. If i was Mr. Dolan my son would no long have a job he would be in the unemployment line first thing in the morning.

Amen To That

The problem with this press release is it doesn't specifically mention any names at cablevision or voom and they got the name of Voom wrong, since the original annoucement it has been called Voom HD LLC. Something just isn't right about this, if calblevision hasn't put it in their press release section.

TYORK said:

Man you should see the way this guy runs the Rangers and Knicks. These two teams will never win again in my lifetime with this guy owning them. He has no clue...

I just heard from a contact, who reminded me, it's not over until the fat lady sings.

What a roller coaster!

Folks if you see a fat lady walk on stage on a VOOM HD Sideshow, please CHANGE THE CHANNEL QUICK! :D

This is not over, there will be more surprises and VOOM will be running tomorrow and much longer than the 30 days this release says.

kex63 said:
The problem with this press release is it doesn't specifically mention any names at cablevision or voom and they got the name of Voom wrong, since the original annoucement it has been called Voom HD LLC. Something just isn't right about this, if calblevision hasn't put it in their press release section.
mabye that medium Swani wrote it... :mad:

Forward the memo to a third party for verification. Sean or Scott if need be. I could just as easily say that I had seen the memo spoken of in the press release ...
The company also said that it will encourage employees whose jobs would be affected by the closing of the VOOM service to pursue employment opportunities elsewhere at Cablevision.

On January 20th a thread started giving a list of signs that Voom was shuting down. And now the signs are being ignored?

JL

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just heard from a contact, who reminded me, it's not over until the fat lady sings.

What a roller coaster!

Folks if you see a fat lady walk on stage on a VOOM HD Sideshow, please CHANGE THE CHANNEL QUICK! :D
So tonight the banner on the menu reads: "it's not over until the fat lady sings"

It may not be over yet???
This just in.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050228/nym238_1.html

JERICHO, N.Y., Feb. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- VOOM HD, LLC today announced that it is prepared to finance the continued expansion of the VOOM satellite service. Supported by the family interests of Charles and Thomas Dolan, VOOM HD, LLC has advised Cablevision that it continues to be interested in completing a transaction on the terms and conditions of the Letter of Intent into which the two companies entered several weeks ago. These include the purchase of assets and the assumption of liabilities related to the satellite service.

Said Tom Dolan, VOOM HD's CEO, "We are more than ever convinced of the viability of the VOOM service. We believe our offer to Cablevision is in the best interests of Cablevision's shareholders and VOOM's 46,000 subscribers across the nation. If we are able to complete negotiations with Cablevision, we are certain that VOOM HD will emerge as a robust new vendor providing a valuable alternative to the two services that now dominate the satellite industry."

VOOM is the first television service to provide a comprehensive array of high-definition (HD) programming for the rapidly growing but underserved HDTV audience. With a lineup of nearly 40 HD channels, VOOM delivers more HD programming than any other satellite or cable service provider. VOOM's HD lineup includes STARZ! HD, Encore HD, Showtime HD, Playboy Hot HD, ESPN HD, HBO HD and Cinemax HD, as well as an exclusive package of brand-new, commercial-free VOOM HD Originals such as WorldSport, Equator and Animania. The service also includes 87 of the most popular cable channels in standard- definition (SD), 23 digital music channels, and free over-the-air digital broadcast channels in HD, where available. VOOM is offered across the continental United States through local Sears retailers; at BrandsMart USA stores; and through O'Rourke Sales Company's independent electronics retailers with approximately 10,000 locations in all 50 states. Customers can also purchase the service by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM or by visiting http://www.voom.com.

Says voom has 46000 subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)