Voom can be closed down in 30 days. Is it really dead this time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This comes as a complete shock. :( a COMPLETE shock.

I was just talking with a few people at VOOM and they were all Gung Ho finishing off the upgrades to their encoders so they could launch a bunch of new channels.

VOOM had agreed to advertise here for March, don't know whats going to happen now. :(

Sean Mota said:
how many of these life support dramas can we take? This has become better than ER...
I'd say it's more like "Lost" where people pick apart every little detail until no one can tell what means something and what doesn't. But it sure is entertaining! :D

Is this going to suck or what, My installer is due to come out on march 31st. Now what? Will I get my $1 back, since I have not received my equipment and have never watched the programing? Oh well? It's a sad day to say the least, but you know what? It's not midnight yet. So unless cablevision decides they want to close up shop and go home early then it might not be to late after all.

justalurker said:
The PR was put out less than an hour ago. Unless they make a mass announcement to staff, they are not dumb just uninformed.Your source is misinformed.

JL

how do you know that his source is misinformed... Just asking... I understand about the press release. But again how do you know? I have my reservations as well.

I hate to hear it, but I can say I'm very happy with my Directivo HD DVR. It's been flawless and completely bug free since I got it about a month ago. I recommend it highly. You better head for the stores, though. There's going to be about 30k shoppers out there looking for new service and DVRs.

Horsnuts said:
So what do the 25,000 subscribers get offered now? Cable Boxes? E*?

Theya re under no obligation to offer you anythng. Expecta raft of solicitaions form other providers though.

Would it do any good you think to flood Mr. Dolan email address and plead with him.

Geno said:
I hate to hear it, but I can say I'm very happy with my Directivo HD DVR. It's been flawless and completely bug free since I got it about a month ago. I recommend it highly. You better head for the stores, though. There's going to be about 30k shoppers out there looking for new service and DVRs.
Not me at $999.00 or $800 a pop for something else that D* is not even committed to..
... I got a $10.00 a month lease TWC new dvr that works just as well thanks..

I wasn't implying that they were dumb

justalurker said:
The PR was put out less than an hour ago. Unless they make a mass announcement to staff, they are not dumb just uninformed.Your source is misinformed.

JL

Usually when companies close down, the employees have a general meeting first before it becomes public, that was what I meant

Geno said:

I can get a DVR for $10/mth... I am not given away $$ to anyone...

Geno said:
I'll be sorry for you in 6 months when D* migrates to MPEG4 and your HDTiVo becomes obsolete. But that's a good topic for another thread ;)

jeslevine said:
Usually when companies close down, the employees have a general meeting first before it becomes public, that was what I meant
With this company who knows .. It could have been 20 paces then the father and son drew pistols...

Cablevision sucks. I wouldn't give up just yet until we get all the final details. Here is hoping that something can be resolved.

Sean, do you have any information about what will happen to all voomers that purchased their STB.....will they take it back and refund us, or dish will pick up the service..and continue in a modified way??

Sean Mota said:
how do you know that his source is misinformed... Just asking... I understand about the press release. But again how do you know? I have my reservations as well.
Sean, you are a nice guy and I realize that the end of Voom will lead to the end of your forum, but why is it that despite CLEAR STATEMENTS from Cablevision that they are shutting down you hold on to a line posted by a three post poster? There is a point where giving people the benefit of the doubt ends.

I noticed that you even changed the title of this thread. Sorry Sean, but even your superpowers won't save Voom now. Its over and its official from Cablevision. Denial won't save voom.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)