X4 poll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
...And I just checked and X4 is there! It must have happened during the day today. Only one boot needed... it just didn't show up immediately like AI did...which is now gone from the "Program Satellites" screen. AI is still on the satellite select screen but it doesn't work anymore....

...And I just checked and X4 is there! It must have happened during the day today. Only one boot needed... it just didn't show up immediately like AI did...which is now gone from the "Program Satellites" screen. AI is still on the satellite select screen but it doesn't work anymore....

You needed to remove AI from the active satellite tile list before you went for X4 that way it would be gone for good in both screens. Now the only way is to do a MR. I took AI out then went for X4 and no problems.

Here in Tulsa I have on X4 the 100-856 on my 922. It is exactly the same numbers as I have on W-5 except I have more channels at end which are higher numbers than on W-5. I see exactly the same stuff on the TV on W-5 & X-4. But On X-4 the higher extra numbers are the DMX channels which I listened to last night. So guess I am good to go for change in Jan.?

Why do some people have 100-856 and some 201-941.
What is the meaning to this TVRpro? And which one is better.:)

Why do some people have 100-856 and some 201-941.
What is the meaning to this TVRpro? And which one is better.:)

It's because some people had the old ku maps and some did a MR after X4 ku ended and they have the 410's mapping instead of the old ku 4DTV/W5 numbers. Personally I like the 100-856 #'s (which I have) since I don't have to relearn the numbers :) Still don't know all the numbers on Direct yet and I'm going on 6 months already. :eek:

You needed to remove AI from the active satellite tile list before you went for X4 that way it would be gone for good in both screens. Now the only way is to do a MR. I took AI out then went for X4 and no problems.

Oops! I have X4 and a total of 39 satellite tiles. I don't want to do a MR and possibly lose some of them so the non-functional AI can stay. :)

I had to do a MR to get rid of non-function AI too.

The correct X4 (201+) should pretty much match the channel numbers in this PDF.

http://www.skyvision.com/pages/information_center/DSR410channels.pdf

Once the dust settles and we're sure there are no more number changes I'll make a PDF of a nice long card sized channel line up for printing to keep next to the remote. I remember when cable companies gave those out, lol.

The old ku map that matches the 4DTV numbers will give you more channels than the 410's list. If channels go ITC (which occasionally happens on HITS) I won't even have to mess around with a generic. It's kinda like Motorola did the 4Play thing for us with the older map. I wish I still had the old C3 map that had the MTV master suite mapped in it was cool to have that mapped too.

Why would they hide any channels? It's because they don't want us to know about them. Back in the day when we had 1-24 with VC-2 if something went ITC that was commercial only we got it easy as pie. No generics no messing around. I always thought channel mapping was BS ever since cable started it on their STB's back when I had cable. They unmapped the premiums if you didn't sub and if they ran them ITC you never knew unless you looked with a cable ready tv.

Like I always say with dishes, bigger is better. The same applies here, more channels is always better :)

Got the same as everyone else... I had to reprogram W5 back into my 922 and as soon I put it on TP 600, I got X4. No subs at this point since I am waiting to see what happens next with 4DTV...

For those who went over to W5 and got the new satellite tile & channel maps for X4 what number scheme do you have. 100-856 or 201- 941? Seems there are two sets of channel numbers out there.

I have 100-856. Showtimes are mapped in too :)

I had the 100-856 yesterday with 4809 channels but after a power outage I now have the 201-941 and 4782 channels.

Regards,

Candid

I had the 100-856 yesterday with 4809 channels but after a power outage I now have the 201-941 and 4782 channels.

Regards,

Candid

That's weird maybe the soft boot changed things. Do you have a 920 or 922? Was your dish on W5 during the power outage and rebooted there or another satellite?

That's weird maybe the soft boot changed things. Do you have a 920 or 922? Was your dish on W5 during the power outage and rebooted there or another satellite?

I have a 922 but I cannot remember which satellite is was on. I also have a second 922 that was never used and I hook it up today to download the tiles and that also has 4782 channels. I am also reading somethings here that I did not know about as I only found out about this site by accident on Dec 11, 2010.

I have the second receiver in the box as it is brand new but I was reading a post about the battery and I am wondering if keeping the receiver in the box would kill the battery?

Today was the first time I took it out the box to download the tiles. I bought two receiver and one was for a friend who decided he was not interested anymore and would not pay for it, both receiver are about 4-5 years old and only the one in use had subscription from both NPS and Sky. I even have the pink board to go in the back of the 922 for analog subscription for the second receiver. I am also using a 12ft Sami mesh dish.

I am current excited by the news that C-band will still be alive beyond 2010 and after reading the information on this forum. I am also hoping that channels like Espn1 & 2 and TNT could also be added to the W5 or X4 list or are these only provided by Dishnetwork?

Once the channels are available and the pricing is good this new venture by Comcast and the rest should see the revival of the C-band lovers. What is unfortunate is the news that circulated that the big dish last days is the end of this year and NPS kept telling me this and I was actually exploring Dishnetwork options.

I have also added your 4DTV Online by Tvpro website to my favourites so when January 2011 comes around I will be able to see the test results.

Regards,

Candid

I have to say.... That's a good-looking, professional style 4DTV site ya' got there 'Pro! :)

Thanks Euro, built totally by me, one of the things I do for a living, websites. I normally don't put up stuff for myself beyond my business sites (too much like work) but this is needed. I want the word to get out. My goal is to right the wrong NPS & Charlie did to us. Maybe I'll expand into selling satellite stuff, who knows. My real love is Satellite Communications.

Thanks Euro, built totally by me, one of the things I do for a living, websites. I normally don't put up stuff for myself beyond my business sites (too much like work) but this is needed. I want the word to get out. My goal is to right the wrong NPS & Charlie did to us. Maybe I'll expand into selling satellite stuff, who knows. My real love is Satellite Communications.

Hi TVROPRO,

Can you give me an answer on the issue raised in my post above?

Thanks,

Candid

I have a 922 but I cannot remember which satellite is was on. I also have a second 922 that was never used and I hook it up today to download the tiles and that also has 4782 channels. I am also reading somethings here that I did not know about as I only found out about this site by accident on Dec 11, 2010.

I have the second receiver in the box as it is brand new but I was reading a post about the battery and I am wondering if keeping the receiver in the box would kill the battery?

Today was the first time I took it out the box to download the tiles. I bought two receiver and one was for a friend who decided he was not interested anymore and would not pay for it, both receiver are about 4-5 years old and only the one in use had subscription from both NPS and Sky. I even have the pink board to go in the back of the 922 for analog subscription for the second receiver. I am also using a 12ft Sami mesh dish.

I am current excited by the news that C-band will still be alive beyond 2010 and after reading the information on this forum. I am also hoping that channels like Espn1 & 2 and TNT could also be added to the W5 or X4 list or are these only provided by Dishnetwork?

Once the channels are available and the pricing is good this new venture by Comcast and the rest should see the revival of the C-band lovers. What is unfortunate is the news that circulated that the big dish last days is the end of this year and NPS kept telling me this and I was actually exploring Dishnetwork options.

I have also added your 4DTV Online by Tvpro website to my favourites so when January 2011 comes around I will be able to see the test results.

Regards,

Candid

If the second receiver was never subscribed before it has no location set and currently will only work on ZK programming. It will not do FP stuff, it needs to have had a sub at one point for that. Downloading the maps on G1- 3 now was a good thing. At some point it's best to subscribe that thing. You can wait till next year and do a HITS only sub if you want since time for 4D subs is almost up. Also since it sat for so long unplugged it has been running on the battery for very long. I would keep it plugged in even though your not using it. This will prevent any more draining of the battery that powers the chip that contains its unique unit ID number and keys. Without this information the unit is toast for subscribing or anything digital. As far as the pink VC board don't use it. It's no longer worth anything more than a conversation piece.

Regarding channels, I have posted this before. There is a possibility of something to be added next year. It will depend if Comcast wishes to do this. Subscriber numbers will make it happen faster than anything else, so support HITS if you want this to happen. Dish Network does not have any exclusive rights on the channels you mention or anything else. DirecTV and Shaw have rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think they are the only ones who have any exclusive rights.

Last edited:
If the second receiver was never subscribed before it has no location set and currently will only work on ZK programming. It will not do FP stuff, it needs to have had a sub at one point for that. Downloading the maps on G1- 3 now was a good thing. At some point it's best to subscribe that thing. You can wait till next year and do a HITS only sub if you want since time for 4D subs is almost up. Also since it sat for so long unplugged it has been running on the battery for very long. I would keep it plugged in even though your not using it. This will prevent any more draining of the battery that powers the chip that contains its unique unit ID number and keys. Without this information the unit is toast for subscribing or anything digital. As far as the pink VC board don't use it. It's no longer worth anything more than a conversation piece.

Regarding channels, I have posted this before. There is a possibility of something to be added next year. It will depend if Comcast wishes to do this. Subscriber numbers will make it happen faster than anything else, so support HITS if you want this to happen. Dish Network does not have any exclusive rights on the channels you mention or anything else. DirecTV and Shaw have rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think they are the only ones who have any exclusive rights.

I took it back out of the box and plug it into a socket in a spare room.

Your assistance was appreciated.

Thanks,

Candid

In Poteau, OK, I get X4 and it starts on channel 201. I also enjoy getting all the DMX channels again with the info. Sure makes for great listening. I have the audio coming through my stereo and I forget that I don't have my XM radio anymore. LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts