2012 Masters Tournament

Wow! Westwood is now on fire and has come from 4-shots back to possibly tying for the lead. Hanson just hit one of the ugliest shanks of the day.

Louis Oosthuizen -8 12
Peter Hanson -7 11
Phil Mickelson -6 11
Lee Westwood -6 14 (staring at an 8 footer for eagle on 15)
Bubba Watson -6 12 (coming off a bogey at 12)

Well, Phil finishes tied for 3rd. He played a bogey-free round, but that triple-bogey on the 3rd, along with the fact none of his putts were falling, did him in this afternoon. It's onward to the 18th where Louis Oosthuizen and Bubba Watson will tee-off in a playoff. Let's go Bubba!

I mean a hook wedge? :)

I'm constantly amazed at the skill these pros show. I keep thinking, that 2nd shot on 13 (I think), they all are around 190yds out or so and going for it. Crap, if that's me, I'm still in the fairway after my 2nd shot and of course, my drive isn't anywhere near that to begin with!

I keep thinking back to Phil's triple bogey. I'm curious if he had taken the penalty and replayed how things might have turned out. Regardless, he and others had several missed opportunities. I have to say I was happy for Bubba - what a shot that placed him on the green and set him up for the win.

I keep thinking back to Phil's triple bogey. I'm curious if he had taken the penalty and replayed how things might have turned out. Regardless, he and others had several missed opportunities. I have to say I was happy for Bubba - what a shot that placed him on the green and set him up for the win.

This was just another case of Phil being a bit more aggressive than he probably should have been. That hole was playing damned tough and it seemed that the best shot was just to get somewhere on the green, take a 3 and move on. The ones that had the most trouble I saw were the ones that were trying to stick it close to a nearly impossible pin placement.

This was just another case of Phil being a bit more aggressive than he probably should have been. That hole was playing damned tough and it seemed that the best shot was just to get somewhere on the green, take a 3 and move on. The ones that had the most trouble I saw were the ones that were trying to stick it close to a nearly impossible pin placement.

Phil didn't hit a good shot, but the ball took a horrible bounce and he didn't get any relief. That triple-bogey was a major blow. Moreover, he couldn't get a putt to fall..literally, had a half-dozen birdie putts graze the edge of the cup. It was just meant to be Bubba's day.

Phil didn't hit a good shot, but the ball took a horrible bounce and he didn't get any relief. That triple-bogey was a major blow. Moreover, he couldn't get a putt to fall..literally, had a half-dozen birdie putts graze the edge of the cup. It was just meant to be Bubba's day.

If Phil had just taken a unplayable and went back to the tee, he could have ended up with a bogey instead and then he would have played in the playoff too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)