2012 Masters Tournament

Tiger Woods Looks in Shape for Masters After Quick Recovery?

Source

Tiger Woods eased concerns he would miss the first Masters of his career by coming through 18 holes of an exhibition event yesterday, just eight days after an Achilles injury forced his withdrawal from the WGC Cadillac Championship.

Not only did Woods survive the opening round of the Tavistock Cup in Florida, but he showed no sign of a limp and, partnering England's Justin Rose in a better-ball format, played with distinction.

"I did the smart and prudent thing this time, hence I'm back in a week," said the 36-year-old who quit in Doral with seven holes of his final round remaining. "I've played through pain before and set myself back. Last year I missed two majors because of it. I want to be ready for Augusta."

Full Article

Lots of a really good golf being played by the top players who are getting ready for this years Masters. Tournament play tees off in less than two weeks. :) Anyway, Tigers Woods is up by 1-shot going into the final-round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational, and I expect to see many of the top players at next weeks Shell Houston Open.

Well, Tiger Woods last week but he is idle this week prior to the Masters. Phil is playing in the Shell Houston Open this week and it tied for 5th place (3-shots back) going into the weekend. Both players appear to be playing well going into the Masters. Will we see a Tiger vs Phil shootout? We shall see...

Phil coudn't hit any putt yesterday, but he is still in distant contention going into today's final round of play. Perhaps we'll see Tiger and Phil goes head-to-head next week at Augusta. We shall see...

Phil is striking the ball well, but he missed a few key shots and couldn't get any putts to fall. He finished the Shell Houston Open tied for 4th and is looking pretty good going into the opening round of the Masters. Hunter Mahan held on to win and will move up to be the higest ranked U.S. golfer at the Masters this year.

Hunter Mahan -16
Carl Pettersson -15
Louis Oosthuizen -14
Phil Mickelson -12

Elsewhere, Tiger Woods moved into the Top 10 World Rankings last week after winning the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Mahan will jump from #14 to #5 or higher. And Phil may move from #15 into the Top 10. The new rankings should be out tomorrow. This years Masters promises to be the most exciting in the past three years. :)

World Golf Rankings

1. Donald 9.70
2. McIlroy 9.59
3. Westwood 7.76
4. Mahan 5.75
5. Stricker 5.67
6. Kaymer 5.64
7. Woods 5.53
8. Schwartzel 5.09
9. Rose 5.06
10. Simpson 5.03
14 Phil Mickelson 4.82

Masters chairman sidesteps membership issue

Source

There is a new hospitality area near Augusta National's fifth fairway. A Masters application can be downloaded to a golf fan's cellphone. A restroom wrecked by a fallen tree should be rebuilt by day's end.

No word, though, on whether the club is ready to open its membership rolls to women.

With questions coming from all angles short of the point of a bayonet, Augusta National Golf Club chairman Billy Payne stayed virtually mum on a topic that has moved back to the forefront with one of the Masters' chief sponsors recently appointing a female CEO.

"All issues of membership are now and have been historically subject to the private deliberations of the members," Payne said when the question came up in his annual Q&A with Masters media.

Masters Par 3 Contest...

...is on ESPNHD right now. Elsewhere, tickets for this weekends play are going for as high as $2000 each. Umm...I think that I'll say home and enjoy the action from the front row. :popcorn

I was sad to see the Par 3 contest rained out. I recorded it and only got to see a few mins. I really like it because all the players let their hard steel exterior down and just have fun.

I was sad to see the Par 3 contest rained out. I recorded it and only got to see a few mins. I really like it because all the players let their hard steel exterior down and just have fun.

Me too! I really enjoy the Arnold, Jack and Gary show...and we don't have many more of them left.

Anyway, we have tee-off! About 20 golfers are on the course and E or +1 early on...

Source

There is a new hospitality area near Augusta National's fifth fairway. A Masters application can be downloaded to a golf fan's cellphone. A restroom wrecked by a fallen tree should be rebuilt by day's end.

No word, though, on whether the club is ready to open its membership rolls to women.

With questions coming from all angles short of the point of a bayonet, Augusta National Golf Club chairman Billy Payne stayed virtually mum on a topic that has moved back to the forefront with one of the Masters' chief sponsors recently appointing a female CEO.

"All issues of membership are now and have been historically subject to the private deliberations of the members," Payne said when the question came up in his annual Q&A with Masters media.

ANOTHER great article on this issue was on CNN this morning:

Augusta National a powerful holdout among men-only clubs - CNN.com

No event honors its champions, and no other event celebrates the game's champions, like the Masters. No other sport or event comes close...not even close.

A one point a very long time ago, before it became corrupt... EVERYONE knew who the World Heavyweight Champion in boxing was...in every corner of the Earth.

Tiger Woods tee'd-off at 10:35am and Phil Mickelson is schedule to tee-off at 1:53pm. It's too bad we don't get to see the early coverage on the Golf Channel, and ESPN doesn't start broadcasting until 3:00pm. I imagine that Phil will be on the 5th hole, but Tiger will already have concluded play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts