2012 Masters Tournament

Final Pairings...

The Masters Tee Times And Pairings: Phil Mickelson, Peter Hanson In Final Afternoon Group - SBNation.com

Tiger tees off at 11:30AM. Here are the top pairings:

1:20 PM
Fred Couples
Jason Dufner

1:30 PM
Ben Crane
Nick Watney

1:40 PM
Fredrik Jacobson
Sean O'Hair

1:50 PM
Francesco Molinari
Ian Poulter

2:00 PM
Lee Westwood
Paul Lawrie

2:10 PM
Padraig Harrington
Henrik Stenson

2:20 PM
Matt Kuchar
Hunter Mahan

2:30 PM
Louis Oosthuizen
Bubba Watson

2:40 PM
Peter Hanson
Phil Mickelson

*My top picks to contend are bolded

This has been a very enjoyable Masters, but then aren't they all? :)

I was pulling for Couples to be able to pull another one off, but I think age and condition are working against him.

One note was the Japanese amateur, at +1 he's playing superb golf and is ahead of a hell of a lot of big name pros. For some strange reason, I keep hoping to see a Masters won by an amateur.

And what can you say about Phil? Just freaking amazing and a pure joy to watch! :)

So how is Tiger going to play this afternoon now that he is effectively out of contention...fantastic or flub?

I think it will all depend on how he starts. If he flubs a couple of holes at the start, then the day is essentially over. It just seems these days that Tiger cannot handle making bad shots and certainly can't keep from remembering them way too long. OTOH, if he bangs early, he'll probably move up a fair bit.

One of the commentators yesterday made the point that Tiger needs to start playing the game instead of trying to make shots. I think he hit the nail on the head.

This has been a very enjoyable Masters, but then aren't they all? :)

I was pulling for Couples to be able to pull another one off, but I think age and condition are working against him.

One note was the Japanese amateur, at +1 he's playing superb golf and is ahead of a hell of a lot of big name pros. For some strange reason, I keep hoping to see a Masters won by an amateur.

And what can you say about Phil? Just freaking amazing and a pure joy to watch! :)

Yes, they are all memorable - some more than others. I too has been pulling for Freddie...a real gentleman and a nice guy. Hopefully he plays well this afternoon and finishes in the Top 5, which would be pretty good for a 52 year old. As for Phil...what more can you say? Phil is loved by fans and, equally important, by his fellow players. You just know 99.9% of the gallery is going to be pulling for him to win his 4th Masters Green Jacket.

Go Phil. :)

I think it will all depend on how he starts. If he flubs a couple of holes at the start, then the day is essentially over. It just seems these days that Tiger cannot handle making bad shots and certainly can't keep from remembering them way too long. OTOH, if he bangs early, he'll probably move up a fair bit.

One of the commentators yesterday made the point that Tiger needs to start playing the game instead of trying to make shots. I think he hit the nail on the head.

Mentally he hasn't been the same since his "Personal Life Crashed." This is a quote from one of the CBS announcers yesterday afternoon, although I can't recall who said it. This statement is 80% correct. The other 20% deals with Tiger's injuries. Of course, the mental and physical issues are working together to create a mega-mental issue of sorts. To be honest, everyone expected Tiger to compete for a Green Jacket this year (I did) after finding his game two weeks ago at the Arnold Palmer Invitational - his first win since 2009.

Tiger needs to have a really good round this afternoon to help boost his confidence. It's gotta touch on Woods from being the #1 golfer to being just another guy on the tour.

NICK FALDO has questioned Tiger Woods’ mental state

It was Nick Faldo who I was thinking of earlier...

Source

SIR NICK FALDO has questioned Tiger Woods’ mental state after witnessing the collapse of his game at the Masters.

Woods went into the tournament as favourite after his runaway victory at the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill a fortnight ago but his erratic performance at Augusta National has called Faldo to question the path the former world No1 is on.

Yesterday Woods made no impression on the leaders and appeared to be out of contention after his level-par 72 followed the previous day’s 75.

Faldo stripped down his own game mid-career and reinvented himself to become a Major-winning machine, and Woods is attempting something similar under coach Sean Foley.

But Faldo, who described some of Woods’ swings as “dreadful”, feels the four-time Masters champion has merely been left confused in the season’s opening Major.

Full Article

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)