2012 Masters Tournament

Day 1 - Leaderboard

1 Lee Westwood -5
T2 Louis Oosthuizen -4
T2 Peter Hanson -4
T4 Bubba Watson and 5 others -3
T29 Tiger Woods E
T55 Phil Mickelson +2

Offhand, Tiger looked good early but bogied 17 and 18. Phil struggled with his driver (triple-bogey didn't help) but somehow managed a couple late birdies to stay in the tournament.

So I won't ruin it for you although I really want to say something :eek:

That's Okay, I would have avoided the thread had you posted. Anyway, Freddie is back on top; Lee, Rory and Bubba are at the front of the pack; Phil is back in the hunt after firing a 68 (-4); and Tiger's get went south...especially on the back nine. He will have to fire a 67 or better to back in competition. Overall, the course continues to play "soft and slow" then there will continue to be a gaggle of players within a couple shots of the lead. However, if is firms up and the greens get quick (which is expected at Augusta)...well, we're gonna see some separation between the players.

Day 2: Leaderboard

T1 Jason Dufner -5
T1 Fred Couples -5
T3 Louis Oosthuizen -4
T3 Lee Westwood -4
T3 Sergio Garcia -4
T3 Rory McIlroy -4
T3 Bubba Watson -4
T12 Phil Mickelson -2
T40 Tiger Woods +3

What a disaster of a day for tiger riff :/. Phil is in much better shape. I'm disappointed. Tiger and Phil are my favorite golfers and when they struggle it gets difficult for me to keep watching. It's a shame. I was really looking forward to this. But I'll tune in tomorrow again :)

What a disaster of a day for tiger riff :/. Phil is in much better shape. I'm disappointed. Tiger and Phil are my favorite golfers and when they struggle it gets difficult for me to keep watching. It's a shame. I was really looking forward to this. But I'll tune in tomorrow again :)

Tiger looked like a beaten fighter coming off the 18th green. In fact, he was cursing and kicking his clubs on the last few holes. I don't know if he can pull his game together by tomorrow morning. On the other hand, Phil is looking pretty good and has that twinkle in his eye. You gotta believe that he's going to be a factor this weekend. Finally, if anyone deserves to win it's just got to be Lee Westood. He's a good guy and he has been so close, so many times, to winning a major he could taste it...but still in search of a major.

Wow tiger's got no game :/

Yep, after winning the Arnold Palmer Invitational we all thought he would have come into Augusta bringing a determined "A" Game. Instead, he pulled a Patsy Cline. You know...he fell to pieces.
:facepalm

Regardless, did you see fell shot a 66 today? He tore up the back nine. Wow! His score was only better by the tournament leader, Peter Hanson, who fired an incredible 65. Mickelson will be paired with Hanson in the final pairing tomorrow. To be honest, I thought Phil was done after his terrible start on Thursday. Just goes to show you how little I know...

Day 3 Leaderboard

1 Peter Hanson -9
2 Phil Mickelson -8
3 Louis Oosthuizen -7
4 Bubba Watson -6
5 Matt Kutcher -5

Several other notables are also contending, but you gotta love Fred Couples who is at -2. Woods is tied for 38th at +3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)