2015 NCAA football discussion thread

To be honest I could see it either way. But I'm wondering if the call was reviewed for being forced out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally after watching that I have questions. After watching the Miami ending I did not.

Did he turn to him, put hands and shove him out? No.

Were they both running with heads towards the ball and the defenders path put the receiver out of bounds? Looks like it.

Is it the NCAA not wanting to embarrass the Officials publicly or is it just a corrupt system?....................I say it's CORRUPTION.... Way too much of this happening to use the "Human Err" defense or "Well... it was a Judgement Call" anymore. These people need to be held accountable. I mean we have seen this in more issue in almost every Conference this year on at least one occasion.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Did he turn to him, put hands and shove him out? No.

Were they both running with heads towards the ball and the defenders path put the receiver out of bounds? Looks like it.

There was no question he was never pushed out of bounds. You NEEDED replay to show a knee down in the Miami game. You did not need replay to clearly see he just ran out of bounds.

I'm confused on what the announcers said. They said the replay official could not review the penalty of the push or lack of the push.

Then what were they reviewing ?

From reading more this and the Miami situation are totally different. In the Miami game the replay officials blew the review. On something they could review.

In this instance here is an explanation. The replay official probably should not have even been involved.

Bill Carollo, the Big Ten's coordinator of officials, said in a statement after the game via ESPN: "They can't review whether it was a force out/contact on the play. They can only review if there was clear evidence of no contact and he (Reilly) re-established himself in the field of play. If he goes out of bounds on his own with no contact, it's an illegal touch. Therefore the call stood."

Basically they are saying what I saw and said a few posts up. I get the ruling and within the written rules it was the right call.

From reading more this and the Miami situation are totally different. In the Miami game the replay officials blew the review. On something they could review.

In this instance here is an explanation. The replay official probably should not have even been involved.

Bill Carollo, the Big Ten's coordinator of officials, said in a statement after the game via ESPN: "They can't review whether it was a force out/contact on the play. They can only review if there was clear evidence of no contact and he (Reilly) re-established himself in the field of play. If he goes out of bounds on his own with no contact, it's an illegal touch. Therefore the call stood."

Basically they are saying what I saw and said a few posts up. I get the ruling and within the written rules it was the right call.

There is always some jossiling while going down the field between both players ... it sounds like they are saying because the recvr was touched (not pushed) the play stands ...

Heres the statement from the Big Ten (which you expected to follow along with the officials).
http://espn.go.com/college-football...ed-nebraska-game-winning-td-vs-michigan-state

Yep. That again reconfirms what I saw and said. I really do not see the outrage by the rules. Especially when used in comparison to the Miami game.

Yep. That again reconfirms what I saw and said. I really do not see the outrage by the rules. Especially when used in comparison to the Miami game.

The ESPN article isn't saying the Big 10 thinks they got the call right. They said that particular rule is a judgement call and the only way it can be overturned is if there is no contact at all. Basically the refs of the field got it wrong and there was nothing the replay official could do about it.

I think it's clear that the defender didn't force him out. He had his back to the receiver and was playing the ball. The defender has as much right to play the ball as the receiver.

Michigan State should have done a better job of putting a weaker team away and this wouldn't have been an issue. They have done this against weaker opponents all year and it was bound to bite them eventually. I'm not a Michigan State fan but I think it's clear that they got screwed by a bad call here and it's going to cost them a chance at making the playoffs.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/misso...t-as-students--and-that-s-good-021854997.html

And in other college football news. If this turns into a long term thing, I wonder what impact it might have on the bowl season. I assume any non played games would be treated as a forfeit and win by the opposing team, which would put Tenn and Arkansas as bowl eligible without actually winning another game. If of course it lasts three more weeks.

And like the Lemmings they are, the AP & Coaches polls disregard everything they've been doing this year and just copy the Committee Poll.

They should just turn in their ballot pens and stop the pretending that they're independent and/or relevant.

(Not that I don't agree that Clempson should be up there, but at least stand behind your previous votes and not copy someone else.)

Reactions: Jimbo
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/misso...t-as-students--and-that-s-good-021854997.html

And in other college football news. If this turns into a long term thing, I wonder what impact it might have on the bowl season. I assume any non played games would be treated as a forfeit and win by the opposing team, which would put Tenn and Arkansas as bowl eligible without actually winning another game. If of course it lasts three more weeks.

I can't imagine it lasting that long. What they are trying to do probably comes from a place of good intentions. Many of them are on scholarship to play football though. If they are rufusing to play football the university is probably not under any obligation to honor those scholarships.

. Many of them are on scholarship to play football though. If they are rufusing to play football the university is probably not under any obligation to honor those scholarships.

I agree, however I am not sure that the university would risk the backlash in this situation.

Maybe so, but I still don't see an SEC team that can win it all. Guess I'm a glass half empty kind of guy. ;)
I do. I think LSU AND Bama would wipe the floor with Clemson who would be lucky to only have 3 losses if they were in the SEC West. Ohio State is probably still a legit Title team and I just dont see them losing to Clemson either.
I personally think it was more that he was miserable in the NFL environment than anything else. He had one decent year, and the second was not so good, but that pretty much fell in line with what Miami had achieved in years right around that time. Given time, and the right people I have no doubt Saban could have been a successful NFL coach. That's fairly true of most coaches at that level.

Lets not forget, he was in no danger of being let go, and many in Miami wanted him to stay. They would not have felt that way if they did not think he would eventually get them on the right track.
thats because you can think.

I can't imagine it lasting that long. What they are trying to do probably comes from a place of good intentions. Many of them are on scholarship to play football though. If they are rufusing to play football the university is probably not under any obligation to honor those scholarships.
Word is Missouri president is set to resign. So this should be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)