AL CENTRAL

zumaya

Bonderman pitched 2 scoreless innings. He said his felt fine, we'll see today. Another inning of great relief pitching from Ryan Perry. this kid is looking like a lock for the bullpen. Lot's of speculation around Detroit that Zumaya may be finished. I hope it's just that- speculation. Nothing solid from the Detroit brass on the matter.

Funny thing is if Zumaya drops 7-9 mph off his fastball, and develops a + to ++ secondary pitch...he would still be really effective

He would effective if he were just healthy. I think his velocity is a big part of his effectiveness. He does have a really hard breaking curveball that keeps hitters off balance.

Funny thing is if Zumaya drops 7-9 mph off his fastball, and develops a + to ++ secondary pitch...he would still be really effective

He would effective if he were just healthy. I think his velocity is a big part of his effectiveness. He does have a really hard breaking curveball that keeps hitters off balance.

Yes, Zumaya was throwing 3 pitches early in the preseason they were clocked at 97,87 and 77....
If he can stay healthy, those would be devastating .

Yes, Zumaya was throwing 3 pitches early in the preseason they were clocked at 97,87 and 77....
If he can stay healthy, those would be devastating .

A healthy Zumaya throwing 77 and then 97 would be virtually unhittable!

Good news for the Tigers and Nate Robertson ....
4 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk and 5 K's

In a 5-2 victory over Washington today.

Q. Has a Tigers Starting Pitcher pitched this year without giving up a walk, 2 innings or more ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Good news for the Tigers and Nate Robertson ....
4 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk and 5 K's

In a 5-2 victory over Washington today.

Q. Has a Starting Pitcher pitched this year without giving up a walk, 2 innings or more ?

Jimbo

Hopefully there's your #5 starter, Jimbo. :up

Well see how he looks the next time out.

7 shutout innings in a row. It's a start, right? We need all the arms we can muster. Bonderman reported no pain yesterday.:D:D:D Zumaya threw also on Thursday, and was all smiles. Things are looking better. Porcello goes against those damn Yankee's today. Now if we could just get the rest of the team into camp....:)

7 shutout innings in a row. It's a start, right? We need all the arms we can muster. Bonderman reported no pain yesterday.:D:D:D Zumaya threw also on Thursday, and was all smiles. Things are looking better. Porcello goes against those damn Yankee's today. Now if we could just get the rest of the team into camp....:)

Porcello,

2 1/3 innings, 4 hits, 2 runs, 1 walk, 1 K
vs yankees, partial team, just like the Tigers partial team.

Tigers RHP Jeremy Bonderman, who missed most of last season after surgery to repair a circulatory condition in his shoulder, threw off a bullpen mound and is to make his second spring training start in a minor league intrasquad game Tuesday. LHP Dontrelle Willis also is to throw in Tuesday's game. ...

Though what about willis? Do you eat the twelve million in salary (Such is life:)) or does he just move into the bullpen for mop up duty. After the last outing, beat wiriters were saying that there was improvement seen? I have a buddy who saw the spring training game he last pitched, and he said he looked just as bad as he has been!

Though what about willis? Do you eat the twelve million in salary (Such is life:)) or does he just move into the bullpen for mop up duty. After the last outing, beat wiriters were saying that there was improvement seen? I have a buddy who saw the spring training game he last pitched, and he said he looked just as bad as he has been!

From what I've read, Willis went back to his old delivery for a inning in the last game and had the same results he's had all spring.
I think they said he'll go back to the old wind up in his next game and use it exclusively and see if the motion he's been comfortable with all along works ....

He said, he's been concentrating on the new delivery and they think that he's not been letting it loose like they wanted.

We'll see.

If this doesn't work, I would imagine he'll go to LONG bullpen mop up work, problem with that is he would be taking up a roster spot.
I suppose they could leave him in Florida, I think they did that last year as well, Zumaya will probably stay down there as well, unless he proves to be fine before his last few outings.

Also, It was announced that Zack Minor would NOT be in the rotation at the start of the year, which is fine, he's a good swing man, spot starter.

Jimbo

Fortunately for us, we only need 4 starters for the first 2 weeks. I think Willis is pitching his way down to AAA. This kid has lost his confidence. What else could it be? He hasn't been complaining of any arm soreness. It's a big bullet to bite financially, glad it ain't my money. I'm still hoping he finds his form this season, one can never have enough pitching.

Fortunately for us, we only need 4 starters for the first 2 weeks. I think Willis is pitching his way down to AAA. This kid has lost his confidence. What else could it be? He hasn't been complaining of any arm soreness. It's a big bullet to bite financially, glad it ain't my money. I'm still hoping he finds his form this season, one can never have enough pitching.

What a pick up it would be if the Tigers got Willis back in his form by the trading deadline ...

One way or the other.

Jimbo

Although Verlander's pitch count was higher than he'd like today :
He went 5 innings, gave up only 2 hits and no runs, 2 walks and 4 K's.

On the other hand:
Nolasco for Florida has given up NO hits thru 7 innings to the Tigers.
(Palonco and Sheff are the only starters the Tigers are playing today, but many regular subs are in as well)

Jimbo

IF he sticks around, I bet he signs his next contract at a MUCH lower value.

If he sticks around that would mean he regained his old form, which in that case, it may be a bigger contract. He has at least 2-3 yrs. left on the extension he signed when the Tigers acquired him.

I'm not worried about hitting. We'll score more than our share of runs this year. The pitching is what I'm concerned about, and so far it's been pretty damn good. Especially the bullpen.

Tigers lose 7-6 to the Red Sox.
Jackson went 4 innings, No runs, 2 hits and 2 walks, 1K

Rodney gave up 3 runs on 3 hits and 2 walks in 1 inning.

D. Ortiz had a STOLEN base, wonder who stole it for him :D

Tigers still waiting for the WBC guys to get back, thats thier 1, 3, 4 and 5 hitters.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)