AL CENTRAL

Other than Wang, the Yankees are just fine in the rotation.

The bridge to Mo Rivera is quite another story.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees move Joba back to the bullpen to help stabilize it, and call up Phil Hughes for the rotation.

Exactly. They have absolutely no one to take care of the 7th & 8th. And when their starters occasionally don't make it through the 6th, then they get in REAL trouble.

How about Carl Pavano coming up HUGE in hostel territory against his former team!?

Through 6, he's out-dueling his former teammate, AJ Burnett. C-Pav has only given up 1 run so far.

BTW, 2 more home runs so far. Through five and a half games played in new Yankee Stadium, including two exhibitions against the Cubs, there have been 27 homers -- including 19 in the first three games in the Yankees' first home series against the Indians.

That's an average of five home runs per game and, at this pace, there would be about 400 homers hit in the park this year -- or an increase of about 250 percent. In the last year of old Yankee Stadium, in 2008, there were a total of 160 homers.

If the trend continues, I am frightened to think of how many will be hit in late June and July. There is also thought that once the old Yankee Stadium is demolished, even more wind will blow off the Harlem River and will cause even MORE carry to left center (right now, all the pull is towards right center). I wonder if the architect screwed the pooch on the design? These are scary numbers.

BTW, 2 more home runs so far. Through five and a half games played in new Yankee Stadium, including two exhibitions against the Cubs, there have been 27 homers -- including 19 in the first three games in the Yankees' first home series against the Indians.

That's an average of five home runs per game and, at this pace, there would be about 400 homers hit in the park this year -- or an increase of about 250 percent. In the last year of old Yankee Stadium, in 2008, there were a total of 160 homers.

If the trend continues, I am frightened to think of how many will be hit in late June and July. There is also thought that once the old Yankee Stadium is demolished, even more wind will blow off the Harlem River and will cause even MORE carry to left center (right now, all the pull is towards right center). I wonder if the architect screwed the pooch on the design? These are scary numbers.

Personally, I can't wait to see what happens when Texas goes there.

If the Indians could hit like that, imagine what the lumber-loaded Rangers could do!:eek:

Then people will start having the discussion about the record, seeing it's over TWO season, I feel it should NOT be counted as such, jmo
fwiw, we won't have to worry about it anyways.

It is still too premature and I don't think he will reach it, but if it does happen, Orel would still have the SINGLE season record and Zach would have the career record. It would still be a record, just a different, but related one. It is just that right now, the career record is equal to the single season record. I don't see why it wouldn't COUNT.

BARTMAN Part 2! WTF Yankee fans!?! Keep the glove out of the field of play! Trevor Crow would've saved a 2 run homer if the idiot fan didn't stick his mits out and interfere!

Ladies and Gents, we have our first instant replay to review fan interference!

WHAT!!!!!!!! The first replay review and the outcome is WRONG!? Trevor Crow's glove is hit by a fan in the field of play and it's called a home run and not an interference?!

For the 2nd time this series, Phil Cuzzi and the Umpires handed the game to the home team Yankees! This is ridiculous! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

WHAT!!!!!!!! The first replay review and the outcome is WRONG! Trevor Crow's glove is hit by a fan in the field of play and it's called a home run and not an interference?!

For the 2nd time this series, Phil Cuzzi and the Umpires handed the game to the home team Yankees! This is ridiculous! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just hope the Indians come back and win if there is such a thing as justice.

2nd point no one's mentioning... The ball never even clears the fence! Trevor Crowe jumps up, the fans stick their greasy paws out and all of them collide for possession of the ball. The ball deflects back into the field and out of Crowe's mitt. It never even crossed the home run fence!

Grrr. Next batter strike's out.

Instead of getting out of the inning with a 3-2 lead, It is 4-3 Yanks with now 2 outs.

A shame this brilliant Pavano outing is ruined by idiot umps.

Can Wedgie play this game under protest?

NOW...your Tribe must play well enough to absorb this. (A page out of the Angel Way by Big Mike & Co.)

STO said that there is a rule with replays that if the manager argues following the replay decision he is automatically ejected from the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts