Arc Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
also there is not alot east of 91 until you get to 72 AMC 6. the bird on 89 has some cbn feeds, and a few scrambled channels, the SES bird on 87 has to be very fine tuned to get the retro mix of 30 or so channels, then on 83 the signal is quite weak, for me anyways.. I get the P.A network at around 45 pct and there are not many feeds on that sat, Simon Bolivar has 8-10 channels.

I am a perfectionist so I would still work on the dish to get it tracking properly, however if you are not a perfectionist then the only thing you are missing really are the rtv mix on 87.

Best thing to do is to swing down to the 139 sat and have a way to view signal strength, if you push up on the dish and your signal gets higher that means you are low so rotate the mount to the west a hair, do not change elevation at all! If vice versa and your signal gets better when you push down which I am sure is the case here then you are high in the arc and you need to move the dish eastwards.

Thats what worked for me to get my signal work. A big mistake is when you change the elevation. that will not fix anything unless you are a little low or high on both ends of the arc.

Not so sure you'll 'see' anything on 139W unless you're in the NW US to Alaska area. AFAIK only hidden, occasional, audio channels are available CONUS. 137W on the other hand currently holds a bonus* besides the RTN mux. * back2daFuture is on one like right now. It's only SD but we'll take what we git.
Besides that, if you get it peaked real well at 135, 137 & 139 should 'fall into place' nicely.

Well I finally got some progress last night. I turned the polar mount a little bit east and 89 and 87 came it with great signal. Gonna try getting 84W when I get home.

84.0°W - Brasilsat B4? Good luck, it's footprint is way 'down south', Brazil-sat. 83W would be next in 'my list'.
If by chance you lose the other (west) side of the arc, by adjusting the azimuth to the east, your declination is mis adjusted.

Looks like you're just on the west side of the arc. Adjust your azimuth on 123w. On 123 lift the dish lip. if Q goes up, rotate the mount/dish to the west slightly, repeak Q with the actuator. Q goes down, rotate wast.

Mark the pole/mount relation when peaked up (azimuth) to the west. Then do azimuth to the east, If readjustment is needed, then mark pole again. You'll have two marks. The declination will be correct when the mount mark ends up half way between the two. This is if the 'aim' to the E and W satellites are the same deviation from true south. (SUPER TUNE procedure)

Last edited:
:up but middle 40's sounds a bit low. What receiver?? Mine are usually mid 70's and some 80's with some only in the 50's on the S9.

With a nano HD you should be getting quality near 70 or above. on 123 w.

I have been reading back in this thread and it seems to me that your elevation is still off. My guess is that when your dish is at its zenith you are aiming high and to the east. According to google earth, N liberty Indiana is at 87 degrees west longitude which would make your true south 87w. When your elevation is correct, and the dish is at its zenith, you should be able to rotate the polar mount on the pole and find 87 w. Once that is correct you will be able to see sats on both sides of the arc. Even if your declination is off, you will still get sats on both sides of the arc near your true south sat.

Last edited:
Here is how it looks when aimed at 87W. I'll try lowering the elevation tomorrow and see if that does anything. Sorry about the bad quality picture, this phone has been to hell and back countless times. 20140211_222039.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)