CONFIRMED: New version 6.10 has arrived! (Please post your observations here)

Sean Mota said:
That's what it looks like but I hate to break it to everyone. That surf menu transparency was not meant to be in this release. It sounds like a bug as some of you may seen it and others may not. I have to check my statement to make sure that it is correct but this is as far as I know unless there was something changed at the last minute.
Looks like the transparency on the surf bar tends to come and go, so it may be that it was not supposed to be released in this rev.

Ken F said:
riff,

That's the surf bar, not the program guide. Is the surf bar the only menu that was made transparent?

You are correct Sir...just the surf bar. Also, IMO the colors on the PG looked a little brighter (more intense) this am. Disclaimer: it was mighty early and I had yet to consume my first cup of coffee.

Up here in Coeur d'Alene Idaho 1 of 3 boxes targeted as of 10:56

The time has arrived for the rest of the "HD revolution"

Rick214 said:
With the new version, does the program guide now start with the last channel viewed instead of channel 100?
I don't have the update, but I'd almost put money on this feature only for the "All Channels" guide, but not on any of the others.

HELP! Checked last night. Was targeted for the update. This morning, receiver was locked. Cant do SW reset. Unplugged and reconnected. Now it has all lights lit up, display shows 88:88. Called voom. She said it is downloading new firmware and to leave it alone for 1/2 an hour. Left it alone for 1 hour. Same thing. Any ideas?

With the new version, does the program guide now start with the last channel viewed instead of channel 100?
"All channels" starts with the current channel. Categorized lists start with the first channel in each category. (Note, that the current channel may not even be on that list.)

chrisc909 said:
HELP! Checked last night. Was targeted for the update. This morning, receiver was locked. Cant do SW reset. Unplugged and reconnected. Now it has all lights lit up, display shows 88:88. Called voom. She said it is downloading new firmware and to leave it alone for 1/2 an hour. Left it alone for 1 hour. Same thing. Any ideas?
I would do more of soft and hard reboots.

chrisc909 said:

The DL might have been interrupted it might not happen today at this point I would just leave it like that and wait until tonight.. if you have a 2nd box .... switch em

On Installation Step 3 - Aim off-air antenna, what is the RF number and how do I determine what my number(s) should be.

I'm on a 20" SD set, and the words are not legible for the most part. In Step 2, there wasn't much of a difference in getting the letters in the colored boxes clear from one resolution to another, so I set it on 1080i.

I'm afraid to go further when I can't read the screens, for fear of screwing up the miracle be I even get to see it completely!

Vicki

"All channels" starts with the current channel. Categorized lists start with the first channel in each category. (Note, that the current channel may not even be on that list.)
I use the favorites exclusively (as my guide button), so that fact that the STB can move to the current channel in the "all channels" list is useless to me. I'd understand if the STB moved to the first channel when the currently tuned channel was not on that list; however, when I am on a favorites channel--as I always am--I would expect the guide to move to that channel.

Every Dish and DirecTV receiver can do this; I don't understand why VOOM can't / couldn't.

Very disappointing.

Vicki said:
On Installation Step 3 - Aim off-air antenna, what is the RF number and how do I determine what my number(s) should be.

I'm on a 20" SD set, and the words are not legible for the most part. In Step 2, there wasn't much of a difference in getting the letters in the colored boxes clear from one resolution to another, so I set it on 1080i.

I'm afraid to go further when I can't read the screens, for fear of screwing up the miracle be I even get to see it completely!

Vicki

Go to antennaweb.org to the RF numbers. The RF numbers are the UHF or VHF channels.

Vicki said:
RF numbers are listed at www.antennaweb.org and also shown when you do OTA scanning.
The resolution setting does not affect composite, s-video and coax outputs. They are always 480i.

Ken F said:
I use the favorites guide exclusively (as my guide button), so that fact that it moves to the current channel in the "all channels" is useless to me. I'd understand if the STB moved to the first channel in the list if I were on a channel not in that list; however, when I am on a favorites channel (as I always am), I would expect the guide to move to that channel.

Every Dish and DirecTV receiver can do this (highlight first channel or next adjacent channel); I don't understand why VOOM can't / couldn't.

Very disappointing.

Ken,

I agree 100% as I use the Favorite list as well. I do not think this has been abandoned completly. I don't want to say it will be in the next release but this release concentrated on two big issues --- OTA Scanning and the Micro Stutter problem. I think that other features were not completed on time.

Does the new software allow you to hide channels that have been mapped to you previously? I live in Houston and we have as many Spanish channels as we do English-speaking channels (if not, more). I don't speak Spanish so I'd like to get rid of them in my guide and they were automatically mapped to me. I'd rather not see them and I'd like to use the "All channels" feature so that it picks up where I left off.

I'm North of Atlanta and I have received the new firmware for 1 out of the 2 boxes I have. I'm hoping the 2nd box receives the update tonight as it is on my HDTV. I would love to avoid switching boxes on the TVs.

ChetK said:
Does the new software allow you to hide channels that have been mapped to you previously? I live in Houston and we have as many Spanish channels as we do English-speaking channels (if not, more). I don't speak Spanish so I'd like to get rid of them in my guide and they were automatically mapped to me. I'd rather not see them and I'd like to use the "All channels" feature so that it picks up where I left off.
Yes, you can hide any channel below 100 (including 8.15!). No "All channels" feature though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts