Constant breakups since with new software

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
Constant breakups with new software

Since I got new software last night I am experiencing constant picture and sound breakups, all day long. Rebooted box few times, still the same. Breakups occur every few seconds on every single channel but not on OTA and Inside Voom (?!). Anybody else has this problem with new software?

Exactly the same here in CA! Funny...it used to be the other way around...breakups of OTA, VOOM pretty solid. :confused:

Haven't had time for any sustained viewing yet, but so far I haven't seen any problems on OTA, but did see them on every channel I flipped through from 100 to 106.

Vicki

Is anyone with 568 getting this too?

I have noticed a couple breakups here and there plus my box has rebooted itself two times since I started watching. I add my off air and than about 10 mins later it rebooted itself twice. My box has been rock solid till now. :(

For those experiencing this problem, is it on both DVI and component?

Also, what is your display mode (1080i, 720p, native, etc)?

I am on Component Video, in 1080i mode. I will try it again later in native mode and see if it makes any difference.

Ilya said:
Is anyone with 568 getting this too?
I don’t see it on VOOM on my 568 set, but my OTA channels are doing it, but then they always have. Either my WOW factor is fading or my eyes are (and that’s a real possibility), but…pictures are not nearly as sharp and detailed as before. The only other thing I did notice is that the breakup and pixilization that has always occurred when changing channel is decidedly worse today, but once the picture came in, I didn’t see any problems.

And in my earlier reply I think I lied :eek: about the new software…earlier I didn’t see it on OTA, just on VOOM, but it’s there now! Also, the pillar box on NBC is wider on the left (1 ½'') than on the right (½''). I saw this when it first downloaded this AM, but thought my eyes were just strained from work and exhaustion, but it’s for real. The other channels are about 2" each side.

In a similar vein, back on my 568, NBC’s pillar box is 4” on the left, 3” on the right. All other pillar boxes are 3 ½” each side. And then...just for good measure, one of my PBS channels had a very strange pillar box, 2 ½” on the left, 1 ½” on the right. But running down the left pillar closest to the picture was a ½” strip that had like white bars randomly appearing and disappearing up and down that strip. This weird strip didn’t go all the way to the bottom of the picture, but stopped about ½” short of the bottom.

Might these pillar box problems be from the stations or do you think it’s something else?

Ken F said:
For those experiencing this problem, is it on both DVI and component?

Also, what is your display mode (1080i, 720p, native, etc)?
Component, 4801 :(

Vicki

My Sat strength is dropping like a rock right now, and its a clear sky outside. Tons of breakups on the Sat channels.

I'm home now and still have 568 :no on all 3 of my boxes.

I am not experiencing the lockups and I'm on Component.

Of course I have only been home for about and our.

I have 5.68 and had signal trouble between about 30-45 mins ago. Like rain fade, but the weather is perfect tonight.

titanic.gif

I've been getting breakups with 5.68 since 7:15. Its not the new software as it is not installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)