Constant breakups since with new software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, macro-blocking. Chetk posted the best example of it.

DD_before_after.gif

Sean, Conjuror: Did you try tdillons idea?

Posted above:
I saw a theory proposed in another thread which I believe may have some merit. If the last OTA channel that you tuned is marginal, it may be affecting your ability to lock on a satellite channel also. Often my wife will change from channel 7.1 (KABC Los Angeles) which is one of my weaker OTA stations and then cruise the VOOM channels. There can be a lot of audio dropouts or video blackouts. I think that if she left the OTA tuner on channel 4.1 which is a stronger station, maybe the satellite channels wouldn't experience the problems.

It could be coincidence, but it made my problems go away. :D

I was having the exact same problem. I did multiple soft reboots (pressing and holding the power button) and it did nothing.

I took the advice on this thread and unplugged the Voom STB for 1 min or so and replugged it in and it has worked fine since with no issues.

Thanks and good luck.

moltensilver

I'm having lots of sound and video dropouts since the upgrade and its driving me crazy

1080i & component hokup

Version 5.68 / DVI / 1080i / 29" Oval

Watched TV for over two hours straight without problem. Receiver required unplug when I got home, then again when I plugged in the phone line.

Seeing the posts, maybe I do not want the upgrade...

TechCop said:
Posted above:
I saw a theory proposed in another thread which I believe may have some merit. If the last OTA channel that you tuned is marginal, it may be affecting your ability to lock on a satellite channel also. Often my wife will change from channel 7.1 (KABC Los Angeles) which is one of my weaker OTA stations and then cruise the VOOM channels. There can be a lot of audio dropouts or video blackouts. I think that if she left the OTA tuner on channel 4.1 which is a stronger station, maybe the satellite channels wouldn't experience the problems.

It could be coincidence, but it made my problems go away. :D

Yes, this worked for me too. Please see this thread.

Random Drops In Feed; Wed July 28 2125 PDST

POSTED AT: 2125 PDST

I am experiencing random drops at about 1 minute apart on the west coast on all satellite channels. OTA is unphased.

Signal is steady at 94.

Clear skies... no weather issues. Perhaps boomers in the East?

This just began about thirty minutes ago.

Received 1.10, 6.10 072704 and did not experience problems until now.

Don't think it is related.

All my OTA signals are at >90. I'm experiencing the AV drops. Hard reboot sometimes helps, sometimes it doesn't. Could be problem with software, solar activity, blah..blah..blah. Just make it go away!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts