DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Almost proves the point of how few people actually watch AMC if they just found out now.
Or...how few watched until now.

Remember, the carriage dispute had nothing to do with money or ratings. There was no negotiation. Dish (Charlie) simply decided to drop them at the end of the contract with no discussion. The most popular theory that he did it as either leverage or revenge for the Voom trial, still seems the most viable one.

'The Walking Dead:' Huge ratings record

Source

"The Walking Dead" - which came to life last night with an especially gory, over-the-top, zombie splatterfest that eschewed talking in favor of killing already-dead-zombies - has set a record: 10.9 million viewers. That ranks as the most viewed episode of any drama in cable history, or as AMC put it: "The season 3 premiere now reigns as the biggest telecast for any drama series in basic cable history among all viewers." This figure does not include, obviously, additional viewing from DVR sources. Those could conceivably add a couple million more viewers by the end of the week.

Apparently, AMC not being carried by Dish didn't hurt The Walking Dead too bad.

Source

"The Walking Dead" - which came to life last night with an especially gory, over-the-top, zombie splatterfest that eschewed talking in favor of killing already-dead-zombies - has set a record: 10.9 million viewers. That ranks as the most viewed episode of any drama in cable history, or as AMC put it: "The season 3 premiere now reigns as the biggest telecast for any drama series in basic cable history among all viewers." This figure does not include, obviously, additional viewing from DVR sources. Those could conceivably add a couple million more viewers by the end of the week.

I wonder if AMC kept tabs on how many folks streamed from their site?Also how many folks got via amazon,itunes,or vudu?

I wonder if AMC kept tabs on how many folks streamed from their site?Also how many folks got via amazon,itunes,or vudu?

I'm sure they do track the Anti-Dish Stream, however those other streaming outlets you mention didn't go live until early this morning (my e-mail from Amazon came at 3:36AM) and don't impact any Neilson ratings. There was a little statement in a Hollywood Reporter article that mentioned Dish:

Dish subscribers, meanwhile, were shut out of the episode due to its carriage dispute with AMC. The cable network's online stream of the episode -- created specifically for Dish subscribers -- crashed due to overwhelming demand. The premiere is now streaming AMCTV.com (or watch the episode, below).
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-3-premiere-ratings-378945

It didn't crash for me last night, but I wasn't watching the stream live either. I came into it late after it had aired and was able to back their live stream up to when the episode actually started. I'm going to watch the episode properly using one of my many Amazon streaming boxes when I get home tonight.

Source

You must be mistaken. No one watches AMC because it doesn't have high quality programing. Just ask customer service on Dish chat.

gpollock87 said:
I just did a chat. I asked about credits for the walking dead. the lady said she couldn't give me any credits. but, she said she could give me showtime free for 3 months. i accepted the offer. that seemed fair to me.

Ok, definition of irony. I wanted the free Showtime and got the Season pass of Walking Dead instead. Guess I'll apply it somewhere.

I kind of wish I would have realized amazon didn't have 5.1 sound for The Walking Dead before I bought the season pass. iTunes does have it with 5.1 sound and I could have moved my Apple TV from the other room.

Amazon does do 5.1 sound for some movies and TV shows so I'm not sure why they didn't for walking dead.

Last edited:
king3pj said:
I kind of wish I would have realized amazon didn't have 5.1 sound for The Walking Dead before I bought the season pass. iTunes does have it with 5.1 sound and I could have moved my Apple TV from the other room.

Amazon does do 5.1 sound for some movies and TV shows so I'm not sure why they didn't for walking dead.

You can cancel an amazon season pass at any time. So you can cancel amazon and switch to iTunes. You'll be out an extra few bucks for episode one, but if 5.1 sound is that important, you have that option.

dangue said:
You can cancel an amazon season pass at any time. So you can cancel amazon and switch to iTunes. You'll be out an extra few bucks for episode one, but if 5.1 sound is that important, you have that option.

I think I might do that.

Holy gigantic urls batman!:D I hate it when google does that.

(hxx//theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/10/15/14457943-walking-dead-premiere-shatters-cable-ratings-record?lite#__utma=14933801.1369548664.1342729337.1350349604.1350354621.94&__utmb=14933801.2.10.1350354621&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1342729337.1.1.utmcsr=%28direct%29|utmccn=%28direct%29|utmcmd=%28none%29&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc|local%20news|indianapolis%2C%20in|indianapolis%2C%20in=1^12=Landing%20Content=External=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Internal%20to%20External=1&__utmk=174708258)

Google? What do you mean? It's a zap2it url. Or are you just saying that Google does that too?
My fault...had posted another link from nbc.com which was all gobblygook, then replaced (edit) with zap2it...which is good.Teehar was too quick on the draw.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts