DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Just got a confirmation email from Dish (after they said they'd send me a roku).
It shows that they are sending me an HDMI cable?!? I see nothing about a roku player. LOL.
Hopefully they just put it in as HDMI, because they have No normal code for sending out a Roku player.

Just got a confirmation email from Dish (after they said they'd send me a roku).
It shows that they are sending me an HDMI cable?!? I see nothing about a roku player. LOL.
Hopefully they just put it in as HDMI, because they have No normal code for sending out a Roku player.

It was mentioned earlier that the roku was coming straight from roku store.The hdmi cable is coming from dish.So if you get an email about the roku it would come from them not dish.

I received 2 emails from FedEx. The first saying shipping information had been received and the second, about an hour later, saying it had been picked up. Both emails said it was shipping from Roku, not Dish and, it will be here by 3pm tomorrow.

Teehar said:
It was mentioned earlier that the roku was coming straight from roku store.The hdmi cable is coming from dish.So if you get an email about the roku it would come from them not dish.

Correct, for me I am still leary about my hdmi cable. The guy told me 2 separate shipments cause they come from different places, however I do not have any record of the hdmi order in my shipments. I find others do so I will wait to see what all I get tomorrow.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I just spent about an hour online chatting and waiting...mostly waiting. I was polite and honest in that I told them I was shopping for another provider because of the AMC situation. The first rep offered me a month of free Cinemax; I told her that I previously had Cinemax and didn't see the value in it, which is why I dropped it. I was then transferred to the "Loyalty Department." The second rep reviewed everything, asked the Wi-Fi and PS3/360 questions and then offered a Roku. I told her that I would still need to pay for the shows that I'm missing...Mad Man & Walking Dead, once they return, and Comedy Bang! Bang! and Bunk on IFC, which are currently airing....she then offered a $35 credit. Not wanting to press my luck, I stopped there after verifying that this would not change my status of not being under contract. So, I'll give the Roku a shot and if the AMC channels are still not on DISH come October, then I will be leaving them.

If Dish is really sending an HDMI cable on top of the free Roku AND credits, then they have bent over WAY to far, IMHO.

Correct, for me I am still leary about my hdmi cable. The guy told me 2 separate shipments cause they come from different places, however I do not have any record of the hdmi order in my shipments. I find others do so I will wait to see what all I get tomorrow.

I haven't gotten any updates other than the roku setup email.Nothing shows in my shipments at dish.Not worried I'll wait a day or two and see if anything shows up.

KAB said:
If Dish is really sending an HDMI cable on top of the free Roku, then they have bent over WAY to far, IMHO.

yeah, the guy that confirmed my info did that on his own. I'm ok with it though, that is if I actually get it.

Hello all! Registered just to post to this thread. I must have been on the early end of the Roku offers, as I called the number as soon as I got the email yesterday. It was pretty painless and straightforward.

Today, I received a phone call from someone at dish conducting a survey about the "loss of certain channels." Basically, the survey asked questions about "what compensation would make you stay with Dish." Questions included free premiums, free hopper upgrade, free packages, monetary discounts, etc. Just thought I would mention this and see if anyone else has gotten this phone call as well?

It seems like they're going to great lengths to try to keep customers, and keep them happy, in light of losing AMC. It also appears that they don't expect to have AMC or its programming back anytime soon (or ever.)

If Dish is really sending an HDMI cable on top of the free Roku AND credits, then they have bent over WAY to far, IMHO.

I think dish is doing far more than necessary, but to me the HDMI cable really doesn't increase the value any since you can get HDMI cables from Monoprice for really cheap. As reference, you can get a 6 foot HDMI from there for $3.50.

I think dish is doing far more than necessary, but to me the HDMI cable really doesn't increase the value any since you can get HDMI cables from Monoprice for really cheap. As reference, you can get a 6 foot HDMI from there for $3.50.

Call me crazy but I think kab was being sarcastic.:D

Just got off the phone with Amy in Loyalty. My original call went overseas and when I asked about the Roku offer he said there was no such offer. I immediately asked to be transferred to the Loyalty Dept. I could hear the relief in his voice as he said "of course". When Amy came on, I asked about the free Roku offer. She acknowledged the offer and had two questions: 1. What series on AMC would I be missing and 2. Did I have wifi. The credit card was a non issue since I already have an Amazon account.

As she was waiting for the order to go through, I mentioned the $10/12 mo credit. She surprised me when she said that was automatic to pay for the episodes through Amazon.

All in all a pleasant experience that only took about 10 minutes total. Thanks for keeping me informed SatGuys.

Just thought I would mention this and see if anyone else has gotten this phone call as well?

I got my order in early too. I received a call earlier, but it was dead air. I know it was dish by the number.

I just got of the phone from the "special retention team" number.
They said the HDMI cable is being sent, because they don't want to assume that I already have one.

In my opinion, I think DISH has handled this whole AMC issue amazingly.
They are bending over backwards to keep us as happy as they can. Within reason.

That being said, I have a feeling AMC is not coming back ANYTIME soon. As much as they'll be losing on all these ROKU boxes, you'd think they would have used that Money to pay AMC the extra .35 or so per viewer that they wanted. I think DISH basically just said "SCREW YOU" to any of these networks who decide they should get more money because they have a few popular shows.

I say Kudos to DISH for sticking to their guns. At least for now.
That can ALL change of course, in February when their Price Freeze ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)