DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

He wasn't talking about AMC. He was talking about the channels they are forced to carry in a bundle with AMC: IFC, Sundance, and WE-TV. Charlie said he would like to carry AMC if he could get it without being required to carry the other three. Read the source article.

The article says he is talking about all the channels - AMC included. Even if he did mean only the secondary channels, he also states that his viewers don't have a "clue about zombies (The Walking Dead on AMC) or New York (Mad Men on AMC; also a reference to the organized zombie demonstration in NYC sponsored by AMC).

I guess Charlie and his friends LOVE having 20 home shopping channels - being so rural as to not live near any shopping centers and all.

Can we merge this thread into one of the other two threads already discussing this topic?

To the OP, search is your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

seenett said:
Sorry - if this article has been posted, my bad. I relied on the auto search.

I can't speak to the specific article. But the contentious quotes have been discussed quite a bit since the transcript of the analysts call was released.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This is still America. If you don't like the selection of channels you're receiving, change providers. If you've established yourself as one of the country's richest individuals and created a company that measures customers in the millions (by making risky business decisions), you keep doing the same thing!

This is still America. If you don't like the selection of channels you're receiving, change providers. If you've established yourself as one of the country's richest individuals and created a company that measures customers in the millions (by making risky business decisions), you keep doing the same thing!

I can see the headline now: "Charlie Eagen switches to Directv for better choice in channels!":D

Ghpr13:)

Some have to get over this blame/hate Dish thing and open your eyes.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-trib-20120817,0,4832532.story

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/cablevision-founder-dolan-sells-72m-amc-networks-stock/2012-08-15

If you need an explanation, Dolan owns Cablevision. Dolan ranted about Dish dropping AMC and said it was over pennies, now he is doing exactly that with his cable company. Dolan is selling AMC stock, big time.
Maybe dolan sees the writing on the wall and AMC is another sinking ship like Voom.
Wouldn't that be funny. I can see headlines now "Dish Kills Another dolan Owned Company".:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)