DISH Network Software Release Notes 9/30/10

The Logitech Revue premieres on Oct 6th, I would think everyone should get the update prior to that date. Hummmm!

Not the VIP 922 no new firmware in sight. This Wednesday the google box will be out and the folks who will probably order this box through dish will not be able to intergrate it their 922.

Not the VIP 922 no new firmware in sight. This Wednesday the google box will be out and the folks who will probably order this box through dish will not be able to intergrate it their 922.
One theory holds that the "box" is already integrated into the ViP922.

The update broke the guide on my 722. Guide is VERY slow. Takes 4 seconds to come up after pushing the button on the remote and 2-3 seconds to scroll each time a push the button. New batteries in the remote. Problem started with the new update (I think I got it on Thursday). Spoke with someone in Advanced Support - ran through the usual drill. Complete power disconnect seemed to help (about 2 seconds for the guide to appear, but scrolling is sporadic - sometimes it is speedy others it is slow) - at least right now it is tolerable.

Can't find anywhere to enable/disable SRS. Also noticed my Caller ID stopped working - not positive that is related to the software update though.

So far I have not found anything that is of benefit to me, though Dish has managed to get even more promotional materials on - graphic push-buttons for on-demand movies now appear when getting to DVR recordings.

The update broke the guide on my 722. Guide is VERY slow. Takes 4 seconds to come up after pushing the button on the remote and 2-3 seconds to scroll each time a push the button...

Same issue here on my 622. Only affecting the program guide portion. Regular performance on the My Recordings menu. The program guide is next to unusable.

I search for NFL Football in themes and get no results, search for college football and only get Sport PPV and ESPNU results. I did the whole power button and power cord reboots, after power cord reboot I hit Themes and message came up that guide info was not complete, so I choose the option to update guide info, it said it could take minutes to complete update, but it only took about 15 seconds. Prob. still exists. Maybe I should try for a re-hit from E*.

Any chance to get VOD on 211K with external HD? Otherwise, what is the network connection on 211K for?

I just read on the "other" forum that L668 for the 722k was a dud and that they're no longer spooling it?

I received my software update last night on my 722. The My Recording screen changed and finally a way to sort out the online stuff. But I have looked everywhere and I see nothing about SRS sound settngs. Where is it? Also, nothing about Google TV.

SRS Volume Leveling must be automatic and involuntary, because I cannot find an option for it...
I'd like to be able to enable/disable this, just in case. The 722k has had it for a while now and no user-interface either, so don't expect or look for it on your receivers. Reason is, my old-a** rear-projection HDTV has had this option for 5+ years and it works really, really well. What I've noticed with Dish's addition is "loud" parts of TV shows or movies are now toned way down, taking away the effect.

I don't have that option on my 722. I have it on my 722k, but not my 722 (L670.)
Hmm, I guess I haven't looked lately... When they first added it, there was no UI for it, as I recall. Looks like the 722/622 doesn't get the UI either on the initial release. It will probably be added later. :confused:

No SRS Volume Leveling for VIP722 in this new release

Just got the update 670 update last night on my VIP722. There is no options for Volume Leveling in the Dolby Audio menu and no audio change in the volume performance since update 629, They must have defered this feature once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts