Good Points And Bad Points After The Software Update (Are you Targeted?)

Well I got home last night and found my stb was still running on 5.08.
Oh well, at least it was still running. I was looking forward to the improvements. Not sure why it didn't load the new version.
It was off for two days and has not been rebooted, does that matter?

faithntim said:
Just got off the phone with VOOM. They had me do a hard reset (unplugging power cord), and it seems to have worked.

BTW, my system settings show the new software (5.5c). Signal quality on satellite around 95 and OTA around 79.

I had the same problem when I got up this morning. I did the hard reset and it worked for me also. Excellent!!!

I gotta go to work but thanks for the info. Saved me a call to VOOM.

zmwp01 said:
Well I got home last night and found my stb was still running on 5.08.
Oh well, at least it was still running. I was looking forward to the improvements. Not sure why it didn't load the new version.
It was off for two days and has not been rebooted, does that matter?

See this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10368

You maybe not targeted yet... I will move your post and all other posts related to same issue to that thread since we are trying to keep this one for just Features/Bugs/Requests of the new software version...Sorry.

Software Upgrade Went Smooth

Noticed last night that I had been targeted. Got up this morning and the upgrade had went smoothly. Box came on quickly, channels changed quicker. Everything fine, just waiting on my antenna upgrade. Oh, my siginal had been at 64, now I am at 97. I wanted to buy a 30" dish, but I guess that would be foolish at this time.

I called Voom And they said they stoped all upgrade downloads for now.
He could not answer why and diden't know when they will resume.
He said that it should be soon, Hummm I wonder if that was a keep this customer happy responce.

NEVER FORGET :usa

Thanks Sean,
Hope to get it soon!!
If it's not waiting for HD Tivo it's waiting for Voom, next I guess will
be HD-DVD.
What a life huh?

RickyMac said:
Noticed last night that I had been targeted. Got up this morning and the upgrade had went smoothly. Box came on quickly, channels changed quicker. Everything fine, just waiting on my antenna upgrade. Oh, my siginal had been at 64, now I am at 97. I wanted to buy a 30" dish, but I guess that would be foolish at this time.
Help us all out. Let us know what the signal quality and signal strength is when you get picture pixelation or dropouts during rain/snow.
The new software appears to have changed the signal strength/quality numbers and that does not necessarily mean that the strength/quality is actually better.

gunn55 said:
I called Voom And they said they stoped all upgrade downloads for now.
He could not answer why and diden't know when they will resume.

Thats interesting to say the least if true.

Bill

madpoet said:
Might have to do with the lockup issues... Wilt seemed fairly concerned about it on the list.

Good point. They may have been inudated with calls and figured they were better off to stop sending it out.

Seems odd the Beta testers missed something like this before they released it.

Bill

madpoet said:
Considering they only use employees for Beta testers... *shrug* might not have a big enough sample.

So we now can look forward to an upgrade of the upgrade??? :D

Bill

Mr. Biggles said:
So we now can look forward to an upgrade of the upgrade??? :D

Bill
Then again, are you sure THAT upgrade will fix more than it breaks?:shocked

New install and new software

I just got a voom install yesterday and much to my surprise it went without a hitch and all is well so far. After poking around on threads I got curious about what software version I had and looked it up. This AM it is 5.5c and my sig quality is 96 for sat and 80 for OTA.

The funny thing is I could swear last nite when I was fooling around with my new toy, the sig quality was much lower. I looked at the software version, but had not yet read the threads and didn't write it down (and don't remember). I'm wondering if they gave me the download last nite.

Red Button Info

Dawson9 said:
I've had VOOM for 4 days now and have not heard much on that "Special" RED button on the front right under the panel. Can someone point me to a thread on this if one exists.

Search or READ ME FIRST thread is place to go. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=2052. Button cycles 1080i, 720p, 480 and native rate, but please read above for details.

Question to Forum: Does new software not intermittently default to 720p after a reset?

Tim

Question to Forum: Does new software not intermittently default to 720p after a reset?
If you do a full reset, it always goes back to 720p, or at least in the previous version. If you do a reset, double check your output mode.

Yep...new version is on...!!!
As of last night around 9PM was targeted. I imagined it would download after 12 midnight. Turned it off with remote at 11:15PM Checked this morning and it's up! Didn't have to reset or anything like that. Was on 1080i like I left it.

Much better now, very quick channel switching, powering back on to last channel, program planner, signal strength, etc.

I haven't been able to view for long so I don't know about the lockups although I wasn't experiencing many before with the older version.

I did lose my free HBOHD though...bummer!

How many channels?

How many channels do you guys see in the Settings? Mine said 0 last time I checked! All channels work fine though. Just curious...

Ilya said:
How many channels do you guys see in the Settings? Mine said 0 last time I checked! All channels work fine though. Just curious...
Mine still says 0 too-maybe the channel count will return after all have received the upgrade or after Encore HD is added(Monday? Let's hope no more "pushbacks")

Houston we still have a few problems : Last night I had a lock up an rebooted the reciever while watching Jay Leno....The CC came out in spanish and english and maybe one other. I reset the CC to never and reset it to always again but it showed two or languages. So I reset the audio to english instead of orginal track but to no avail. Changed channels and it was ok in one language english. It maybe only a NBC problem I don't know. Has anyone else noticed the CC problem w/ two languages last night.........Also I got sucked in to watching HDStarz for a 3 hour movie "Heat" the screen would go black then white and after a few seconds would come back on....It did it several times during the movie...Has anyone noticed this since the upgrade software?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts