Good Points And Bad Points After The Software Update (Are you Targeted?)

Still Spooling

They wil be sending the update all week. I have 1 receiver that has been targeted and my other reciever is still waiting. They are doing about 20% each day. So by next Monday all the STB;s should have received the update.

Bill

Targeted

One of my receivers has been targeted the other still says n/a.

So we will have to wait.

Bill

Sean Mota said:
That's true. There is no CC currently broadcast on HD programs.

I'm going to quote myself on this one. Just turned to Navy NCIS in HD and the CC is on but it is kind of screw up. Some of the words come out but others do not and some lag behind...

some of you have reported lock ups but I haven't had any as of yet. STB has been performing well (knocking on wood). Also the Program Planner deletes the programs after they have fired. I guess it takes sometime for them to get deleted. Back to watching TV. This back button has come in handy. :)

I received my update last night. Not sure if my problems are related, let me know what you think:

Before Update: Locked up every night when I went to turn it on. Always had to hold Power button down for several seconds to reset it. This happened just about every day.

After Update: Right now - hardly anything shows up. About 4 of the HD channels are showing some surfing video. Nothing else on any channel. All channels show up in PG and all shows appear in PG also -- just nothing comes up.

Thoughts?

faithntim said:
I received my update last night. Not sure if my problems are related, let me know what you think:

Before Update: Locked up every night when I went to turn it on. Always had to hold Power button down for several seconds to reset it. This happened just about every day.

After Update: Right now - hardly anything shows up. About 4 of the HD channels are showing some surfing video. Nothing else on any channel. All channels show up in PG and all shows appear in PG also -- just nothing comes up.

Thoughts?

Are you connected through DVI or component? If through DVI, is your HDTV set HDCP compliant?

Please see this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10507

Sean Mota said:
Are you connected through DVI or component? If through DVI, is your HDTV set HDCP compliant?

Yes, I have a new Samsung HLN567w, and the DVI port supports "HDCP/HDMI compliance" according to its specs.

I just did a "power reset" again, and now I have no channels, no program guide, nothing.

faithntim said:
Sean Mota said:

Yes, I have a new Samsung HLN567w, and the DVI port supports "HDCP/HDMI compliance" according to its specs.

I just did a "power reset" again, and now I have no channels, no program guide, nothing.

Do you get an authorization message or just a black screen? You may ask VOOM to send a signal hit to box to see if it is just authorization that it requires. If that does not work, I would ask for a replacement. BTW, how is your signal on the channels, that you cannot see?

In the past, did the unit work fine after resetting the unit? What are your signal levels? What output mode are you using (1080i etc) on the STB? Using 720p or auto causes a lockup with the Samsung DLP for me.

I second the suggestion for reauthorization. This usually involves removing the access card, powering off the unit, having them "hit" the box, and then re-inserting the access card and powering it back up.

Sean Mota said:
Do you get an authorization message or just a black screen? You may ask VOOM to send a signal hit to box to see if it is just authorization that it requires. If that does not work, I would ask for a replacement. BTW, how is your signal on the channels, that you cannot see?

Since the recent reset, I am getting no channels and no program guide, and on each channel that I try it says "No satellite signal received on channel XXX>" Before the reset when I was getting about 10% of the channels, on some non-working channels, it would have the same message. On others it would say that an Upgrade was required -- even on channels in the basic package. Also, one thing I noticed this afternoon before all my problems (when I had to reset to get anything) was that there were 2 orange lights to the right of the power light.

Signal quality on select non-working channels is 99.

(Suddenly my OTA channels are working, but OTA signal quality shows as 0).

??

I would request another box. This does not sound good. In the mean time, did you reset while the 2 orange lights were on or you did this after the lights were gone? In your systems settings does it show the correct software? Does it still show a target software?

Sean Mota said:
I would request another box. This does not sound good. In the mean time, did you reset while the 2 orange lights were on or you did this after the lights were gone? In your systems settings does it show the correct software? Does it still show a target software?

Just got off the phone with VOOM. They had me do a hard reset (unplugging power cord), and it seems to have worked.

BTW, my system settings show the new software (5.5c). Signal quality on satellite around 95 and OTA around 79.

Notice one more thing about the CC. In some channels looks ok but in other it skips sounds and words... Need to look at it more carefully.

Targeted version set as of 8PM last night. Now 4:15 AM, and still targeted but no update. To quote Chris Penn in Footloose, "but I'm waiting.........patiently".

Lights On Drs550 Question

I have 2 amber lights on the middle of the DRS550 STB, AND THE GREEN Antenna light lite. No picture on the TV. Been on for 1 hour. What might this be?

Well i got a answer. I got the new update and the box went into a stand by mode. To get out of this pull the AC plug for 15 sec. Plug back in let it reboot.

That took care of the problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)