Good Points And Bad Points After The Software Update (Are you Targeted?)

some one care to respond if it was selectively by spotbeam, what areas were affected? others not? what area will be tonite? we all waited with great expectations for a system wide push, and did this happen?
It's done by box serial number, not area. Expect to have the new software by the end of the week.

Voom does not have any spot beams in use. The map you linked simply shows the spot capabilities on the satellite, had they elected to use their satellite in a different way. As currently configured, the Rainbow satellite cannot use spots.

No update for me. My receiver was locked up this morning though, so no change there. :rolleyes:

Here's my theory why some of us (early adopters) did not get it in the 20%. Did you get your box swapped recently? If it goes by SN, we should be the last one.

Sean Mota said:
Here's my theory why some of us (early adopters) did not get it in the 20%.

I got a theory also. I highly anticipated the upgrade, couldn't wait to get it, and with baited breath woke up early to see the changes. And got nada.

Figures. :D

Bill

Sean, you theory is wrong I am a early adopter 12/11/03. I have not had my box swapped, no update.

Al O said:
Sean, you theory is wrong I am a early adopter 12/11/03. I have not had my box swapped, no update.

It did not last too long. So there it goes... It looks like there is no specific pattern except the SN theory.

yep and we'll name it "hitme", cause all i really wanna do is eat, sleep, and soil my diadees. i'm counting 11 days since replacement and could use the new metering code to see if i am going to run new, separate, ota cable, or leave it alone hmmmmm.

Houston Voomer : No up date ...got up two times last night 1 am and 7 am no up date yet...Still waiting..Can't wait to surf faster with the remote.....HD=Voom

Get the software update now?

Wilt from Voom, just posted this:

"If you guys are interested in trying something, pull power on the box, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in and it should begin the download process--takes about 20 minutes so plan your time accordingly. It will, afterwards, take time to get the guide data as well--about 15 minutes uninterrupted.
So, all in all, figure 35 minutes, beginning to end.
Good luck. :)
Wilt"

Wilt just said that if you want to get the upgrade. Unplug the STB wait 10 seconds and and then wait about 35 to 45 minutes to download software plus guide information.

Sean Mota said:
Wilt just said that if you want to get the upgrade. Unplug the STB wait 10 seconds and and then wait about 35 to 45 minutes to download software plus guide information.

I know that Wilt said that on Yahoo, but it's not clear to me how this can work. Can you force the Voom satellite to start uploading the upgrade? I thought that Voom sends the upgrade over a few night hours and then stops and waits till the next night. Can anybody nearby their Voom setup can check this out? I am stuck in my office for a while... :mad:

Andrzej

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts