Good Points And Bad Points After The Software Update (Are you Targeted?)

GeneWildershair said:
so your box was off, when it started? I am set to get it too, but being on the west coast I don't know when it should start as the emails said eastern time, but what about us in the west?

Yes... I guess you will start seeing in delay time of 3 hours.

Another screen of the program planner... It lets you set two types of reminders.

Also, the cc is working for OTA SD program.

Attachments

• MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 138
Ok. Here is a weird one and maybe this is just happening at random but let me know if you see it. I saw it twice already in two different channels. The screen will go black, show a gray picture (like there was no tuning) and then it goes back to the program. It is not like the screen saver problem. The sound will not be lost. It only lasts a few seconds (2-3). It has happened after changing channels.

HDnews still has the drop in sound. No change in there. I saw that while tuning to Discovery HD, I got the no satellite signal in this channel, hit the Voom button and got picture in the small screen; hit the watch button and got the picture in the screen.

Ok a reminder was fired. It was set to channel 4 local. It gave me a screen that it was about to change the channel. Could not get a picture before it was gone. Then it changed to channel 4, it gave me a screen that there was no signal and after a few seconds the no signal screen dissapear and the program started. So it looks like for OTA channels there will be a small delay.

After the program fires in the program planner, it remains in the program planner and I guess we will have to go and delete it. I wonder the max programs you can have in the program planner. The first show was the one that fired but it remained in the program planner.

Attachments

• MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 120
  • MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 128
  • MVC-020F.JPG
    MVC-020F.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 115
I was targeted. I put my STB on standby and 5 mins. later I got the lights. It's downloading now.

Last channel memory? I turn the reciever off on channel 201 HBOE, 20 minutes later I turn it back on and it started on HBOE.

Ok, this time I got a picture of the windows that it's sent after the program planner fires. This time it was set to a satellite channel - Bravo-HD and it tuned to it without any problems. Here's a picture of that screen.

Attachments

• MVC-021F.JPG
    MVC-021F.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 151
Al O said:
Last channel memory? I turn the reciever off on channel 201 HBOE, 20 minutes later I turn it back on and it started on HBOE.

That is correct. I just checked it with Bravo-HD. This is good.

I've had mine turned off since 12AM EST... I am targeted, just turned it on to check if I was targeted... and turned it back off. Hopefully it will upgrade.

There's got to be a short cut to go the program planner. Right now one has to go VOOM button ---> Green Button ---> and finally select Program Planner.

Another good one. Back button finally works with OTA and Satellite channels and even within OTA channels. Oh man. I did not think I miss this button so much... Until now... that it is finally here.

The light bars will scroll then the software will start downloading. you will see the ":" flashing. it will stop at some point and pick up again.

My ":" is solid for now. waiting to see what happens.

Help has more information about the remote. Very basic but I do not think it was there before.

Attachments

• MVC-022F.JPG
    MVC-022F.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 120
  • MVC-023F.JPG
    MVC-023F.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 102
  • MVC-024F.JPG
    MVC-024F.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 113
  • MVC-025F.JPG
    MVC-025F.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 113
  • MVC-026F.JPG
    MVC-026F.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 127
No luck so far. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still nothing. We'll see... hopefully it fixes my Starz problem.

Just fired another program while tuned to satellite channel to an OTA channel. I did not get the no signal message this time. It looks like it could be random. It was a different OTA channel. Well enough for tonight, I will leave some for you guys to find out.

OK. once the ":" is solid it will eventually disappear and the light bars will start scrolling agian. once done the light bars will all light up at the same time and a signal static (like a non-broadcasted local channel number) will show on the screen for 1 sec. then boot up STB and WAALA!! 5c upgraded. wait on PG and your set!

Finally got it... it shows a grey screen with a bunch of #s and the running time that it has been going. The grey screen is outlined with a blue screen.

Finished... much faster channel changes... no more grey screen when going to channels that you can't get or inbetween channel changes.

Other then that and the program planner, I don't notice any difference besides what is noted in the beginning. Still no transparent guide, which is a must if I'm going to watch Voom a lot.

Mine updated also. I get similar readings as Sean. The guide is much faster, everything shows up in the PG and I'm generally happy.

I tuned to HDNews which is famous for audio drop-outs....and sadly they are still there. Same for anyone else? Can't say I heard any drop-outs on other channels I tried.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)