Good Points And Bad Points After The Software Update (Are you Targeted?)

We know, we know, but sticking thread despite recent anti-stick sentiments....

Mine also says target software .5C. I did the plug/unplug thing and nothing happend except for a normal reset. Maybe this means we are targetted for the download between 12-2AM tonight.

Showing targeted also. I guess letting it run it's own course will have to do. I'll check in the morning.

Bill

The unplug / replug obviously won't work if they're not sending the software via satellite right now. But if you're targeted, you should certainly get it between 12 and 3am.

If you wont your receiver to dowload the lastest software then put your receiver in standby mode and let it run its own course.WILT said he was sorry but the power cycling option was not working according to plan ,so if you are watching voom it will not interrupt your program it will just target the receiver between 12:30 am and 3:00am for the dowload.

Targeted as well

Well I checked it says Target software version: V00.00.5C
Wouldn't this version number be lower than v00.05.08 ?

I heard from Voom directly (inside tech source) that they updated 18% of the database at random and the rest of the users will be updated Tuesday and Wednesday.

Unfortunately I was one of the ones that wasn't updated.

I just got it. Here some pictures of the receiver getting it. Now I the lights are in the bar have been lighting. I think it is done. I turn off receiver and I was about to go to bed when I saw it.

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 153
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 134
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 134
Here are a few pics of the new software.

From left to right:

The first one gives you a warning message that you are about to enter the system options and to be careful.

Second one is the software version.

Third one is the meter or numbers for satellite strength and quality

the Fourth one got me perplexed because it shows zero satellite channels and zero ota channels although the guide has all the channels. The PG information is still downloading so hopefully it will reappear. The whole download took about 15-20 minutes.

Attachments

• MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 142
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 140
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 163
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 148
so your box was off, when it started? I am set to get it too, but being on the west coast I don't know when it should start as the emails said eastern time, but what about us in the west?

Ok guys here are shots of the Program Planner. It works at least to record.

From left to right

first picture a program to be added to the prg planner
2nd picture shows prg being added
3rd picture shows the planner queue

Attachments

• MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 165
  • MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 155
  • MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 142
Two more the signal meter...
&

close caption is working. I took this on Comedy Central SD channel.

Attachments

• MVC-014F.JPG
    MVC-014F.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 155
  • MVC-015F.JPG
    MVC-015F.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 134
  • MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 134
I just got the software,Sean you have a 18" dish and I have a 36" dish, sat. signal quality numbers are about the same. Your signal quality is 95 my is 98, your signal power is 73/14.51 my is 77/16.94. Bigger dish is not better any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts